kentuckbowhnter 19-Jun-19
WapitiBob 19-Jun-19
Norseman 19-Jun-19
BULELK1 20-Jun-19
YZF-88 23-Jun-19
midwest 23-Jun-19
19-Jun-19

BULELK1's Link
KInda screwy as the Proposed numbers didn't quite make it thru and ended up being lower in some units, like the Paungs Non-ressy bow buck 3 proposed, 2 actual, or Zion Bow Only D-Ram 5 proposed, 3 actual......ect.

Plus it seems when 3 tags offered, 2 went to the Bonus Point pool and 1 went to the Regular pool that is a big time Switch from years past.....I never did see or hear that at any of the RAC meetings I attended.....

Anyways ~~ Don't Shoot the Messenger' Haha

Good luck, Robb

19-Jun-19
Looks like point creep across the board for the archery elk tags. I was about to type I regretted not sticking with it and going for deer now....but point creep for the unit I'd be going after went up TWO points this year and one last year. Wouldn't have caught up anyway. Feel like my 9 deer points are worthless.

19-Jun-19
I think UT deer is tough, Pauns and Henries you are unlikely to ever catch up to a bonus tag and the odds of a random tag are miniscule. Then there are a handful of other hunts that are decent, but either no bonus tag, or all the guys that have given up on those two top units have driven the bonus tag sky high. I'm hoping to catch one of the "lesser" archery deer tags and hope for general season quality deer, but with fewer people.

Sorry, just realized you are a resident, so in a bit better spot. I was a resident for five years, but that wasn't nearly long enough to take advantage of any LE opportunities. Good luck finding a use for those deer points.

19-Jun-19
It is SO frustrating to be the highest point holder in the unit with no preference point tag.

I see the is a SUPER dedicated muzzleloader hunter. He put in for San Juan muzzy with 25 points and did not draw. Any weapon took 24...

19-Jun-19
I too was the highest point holder for an archery deer tag with no preference point tag available in that unit. The random tag went to someone with 2 points less. Frustrating....but that's life I guess. The unit I applied for elk in wasn't much different. Utah tags are REALLY difficult!

19-Jun-19
I have drawn two mule deer tags, a bison tag , a lion LE tag and now a great antelope tag in UT. I like applying there but never count on actually drawing.

19-Jun-19
Hell, I had more points than the winning antelope tag for the unit I put in for. Not sure what happened there? Applied with my brother-in-law and we should have had 11 with my 19 and his 3.

20 for bison was out of the running for the Henry's archery and, with only one tag for NR going to a lower point holder, that hunt will be tougher to draw for the top point holders.

Utah kinda sux.

19-Jun-19
I just checked the odds for another LE archery elk unit and I know someone that definitely had more points than were needed and didn't draw. He's trying to call them now to figure out why.

I bet the odds in Utah really pisses off the neighboring states. Guess where the displaced Utahn's go?

19-Jun-19
Why isn't there a draw report for BI6515 - Bison Archery - Henry Mtns (cow only) (Oct 4 - Oct 18, 2019) ?

I thought it would have better draw odds but I may have applied for a hunt they cancelled.

19-Jun-19
That's the hunt I applied for too JDECK, so I'm curious as well.

19-Jun-19
I pulled the plug on Utah with 15 points for elk. hope it helps someone down the road. did the math and just a waste of time and money.

19-Jun-19
At about $45/year for elk, I’ll apply till I die.

19-Jun-19
Next year!

20-Jun-19
Dang TJ ~~ When I saw 2 tags out of 3 went to the high point holders I thought at first it was you and your bud drawing as a Group!!

Yeh-----> next year.....

Not sure why they don't have a breakdown of the Bow Cow Buff on the Henries fella's.... I'll call 'em today and ask

Good luck, Robb

23-Jun-19
I would encourage anyone spending money applying for LE deer to really look at those draw odds and what you'd get for the points it takes to get a lower tier unit like the Book Cliffs (16 points). Somebody even burned 20 this year for a Book Cliffs deer tag!

There is good deer hunting to be had on general units if you take the time to learn the unit of choice. No different than OTC elk hunting can be just as good as "opportunity" LE hunts if you learn an area and where they go after pressured.

23-Jun-19
I'm with Bob. ...until they raise the price.

• Sitka Gear