PoudreCanyon 11-Jul-19
Franklin 11-Jul-19
oldgoat 11-Jul-19
Broken Arrow 16-Jul-19
Coyote 65 16-Jul-19
Grubby 16-Jul-19
Mule Power 16-Jul-19
19-Jun-19
Ok I need to get a new sleeping pad.. I want it to be a Insulated, air pad, about 2 to 3 thick. Would like it to be 21 oz or less, the lighter the better. But want it to be of good quality and have a good r value. I'm running a Big Agnes Mystic UL 15 degree bag. These bags have no bottom in them so to speak. It has a sleeve you slide your pad into and the pad is your bottom. With that these bags weigh in at about 2 lbs. The pad size will be 20 X 72.. So whats everyone using? Tell me a little something about your chosen pad.. Thanks Ed

19-Jun-19
Klymit Static V. 72"x23"x2.5" Has an R value of 5 and weighs 24ozs. That's what I plan on using with the exact same bag.

19-Jun-19
I use a big agnes q core deluxe most of the year. It does irritate me that it only rated down to 32. When it gets really cold I use a thermarest on top of that but it would be totally impractical for a bivy hunt. I have camped around -10 without issue that way.

19-Jun-19
Thermarest Neoair Xtherm

19-Jun-19

KSflatlander's Link
Klymit Static V x2. I purchased one this year and have used it on a couple of backpacking trips in Arkansas. It was 1000 times better than my old thermarest. In addition, they were easy to inflate and to repack. They don't take up much space in the pack. I got a refurbished one on ebay from Klymit for half price and has a 1 year warranty.

19-Jun-19
Klymit's tend to run colder, just an FYI. I use a Klymit myself but I did not recommend it here combined with your bag the thermarest is going to be a better/warmer choice IMO.

19-Jun-19
What Brotsky said. Buy one really good pad, be happy with it, save money in the long run. Nothing worse than a cold night on a hunt.

19-Jun-19
Another Thermarest Neo Xtherm user here.

19-Jun-19
I choose the Neo X Therm Max

19-Jun-19

Hessticles's embedded Photo
One I ordered for my big agnes bag, its comfy but I have yet to sleep on it!

19-Jun-19

19-Jun-19
I also have that pad Hessticles. It is also a nice pad.

19-Jun-19
comments are made on pads I own or have owned, except the sea to summit

Exped makes a good pad in the Downmat and synmat, however their warranty department and customer service suck. Good pad though.

Xtherm, comfortable, warm and very noisy

Nemo Tensor on par with the Xtherm but not noisy at all. My current go to pad Big

anges Q Core, liked its a lot but it blew two out.

Klymit insulated and uninsulated static V, I like these for summer pads with quilt. I was above the temp ratings on the insulated Static V with good quilt and got cold. They are now making a another version that I might try.

Sea to summit Comfort plus is getting some pretty sweet reviews from reliable sources. I am going to pick one up shortly to try. I am also getting a lighter weight Nemo insulated pad a going to double it up with their closed cell pad which I bought also.

19-Jun-19
I have an exped synmat 7. It's pretty good actually.

19-Jun-19
I have 2 BA insulated air core pads. They are new because the ones I had, the valves leaked. BA Warranty Dept is good to deal with.

But... an air pad will suck the heat outta your body. To alleviate this, I put a thin blue foam pad on the bottom of the air pad.

Air pads are nice in the fact you can adjust the amount of soft/firm your back likes

19-Jun-19
XTherm and XLite for me, EXped DownMat for colder temps and only when in a base camp where weight doesn't matter.

20-Jun-19
Thermarest Xtherm user. No complaints.

21-Jun-19
Thanks Guys for the info. After look over your suggestions I just ordered a Therm-a-rest NeoAir XTherm Max weighting in at 17 oz.. I ordered it from Backcountry Edge for $149.00. Only a few more things to get before heading to the mtns for two weeks elk hunting. 1, thing will be a pair of Kuiu pants and a shirt, I got a gift card for them. 2,, Thinking of getting a new putty jacket, but I have a brown snow board jacket that I just wish some one made one in camo just like this.. It's packable, warm, breathable, has pit zips, lite and when you wear it, it kinda slides over what your wearing under it. Making it very comfortable. Ed

21-Jun-19
Ohiohunter, I've had them kuiu zip offs for years. I run the 125's.. love them, well really love the zippers. I have other merino's that cost haft the price that I wear locally when I know they will be on all day. Really can't tell the difference when wearing. Ed

21-Jun-19
I have the Exped Synmat 7 LW. I'm going to get the UL7 LW version for my SE NM hunt. Typically it's been in the 50's at night the last couple times I've hunted there and the insulated pad is just too hot. And there is a weight savings with the UL model. I'll take the insulated pad to CO just because you just never know when you could get snow where I'll be camping and hunting

22-Jun-19
I’ve been looking for a long time and have decided to order the Nemo Tensor. When I watched the product video it seemed very quiet compared to others. And I liked the insulation factor. I’ll find out this September if I made a good choice?

09-Jul-19
I just got a 25” width pad and it’s so much more comfortable than my thermarest Neorest. It was 20” and my arms can’t fit on the damn thing. My nights are so much better now, but it is bigger and heavier so there’s a trade off but it’s worth it for a few more oz.

10-Jul-19
just spent 10 nights sleeping on my Big Agnes Q core deluxe. It was like sleeping on my bed at home.

10-Jul-19
You need to upgrade your bed at home lol

11-Jul-19
Another vote for the Big Agnes Q core. Coupled with my Big Agnes Lost Ranger, surprisingly comfortable and warm.

11-Jul-19
I had a Bernese Mountain dog that was dying of cancer. He used to sleep in my bed every night. When he couldn`t jump in the bed I slept on the floor with him until he passed. I used my sleeping bag and air mattress for 3 months solid.

They have come a long way as far a comfort goes.

11-Jul-19
Use the Q-Core insulated, it fits and is comfortable

16-Jul-19
Static V for me too, have had one since 2013, warm lightweight, compact and always holds air. I spent a month in a spike camp in CO in 2013, and used it every year since, great product.

16-Jul-19
Franklin, you are a man after my own heart.

Terry

16-Jul-19
I have the exped and I love it. It’s warm and super comfortable for me as a side sleeper. I couple it with a quilt when it’s warmer and a bag when it gets real cold

16-Jul-19
Exped Downmat for me. I’ve had the same one for years and no leaks or issues. Super comfortable.

• Sitka Gear