Ace 22-Jun-19
shorty 22-Jun-19
t-roy 22-Jun-19
luckychucky 22-Jun-19
JL 22-Jun-19
JL 22-Jun-19
JL 22-Jun-19
19-Jun-19
Having not hunted Colorado for a couple years, I was going through the regs. today for this upcoming September. Noticed that lighted nocks are allowed now. Since I use them during whitetail season, I'll be using them on elk this season too! Anybody else run lighted nocks?

19-Jun-19
I used blue Glory Nocks last year and had very similar results as JTV. Liked the ease of how they turned off but the durability and reliability was terrible. Used Nocturnals prior. Quality was ok, fit was random....some fit lose (X nocks). Looking for something better now.

19-Jun-19
Nocturnals are my favorite lighted nock

19-Jun-19
I've never used lighted nocks before this year but bought a pack of Nock Out Contender lighted nocks from Camofire one day on a whim to try out. They've been really solid, great function, easy on and off, and they fit tight in my FMJ's. Very happy with them.

19-Jun-19
21-25 gr depending upon size you need.

19-Jun-19
I knew I should have just asked Justin. I will be looking into the Nock Out Contenders as I am also shooting FMJ's.

19-Jun-19
I use Nocturnal. I shoot traditional. Love them for night hunting pigs and try to hit opposite shoulder to keep arrow in them. I also put a piece of tap over the hole to keep blood from getting in on pass through.

19-Jun-19
LOL...word of caution that I have no experience with lighted nocks to compare them to so they might be junk compared to something else. I just know that they seem pretty bombproof so far and I have had no trouble with them turning on or off. I even managed to kill a turkey with them which was the only thing I've shot at other than my target. I have heard the green is brighter than the red and if you have something other than FMJ's the bushings can be an issue so take that with a grain of salt.

19-Jun-19
I'm using the new Victory Nocks you get 4 for the price of three and you can turn them off with out using a tool or knife I like the strobing ones I have a bunch of the nocturnals I have had them go of when I nock and arrow on my string pain in the ass and when there in my quiver digging out the tool to shut them off is a pain in the ass

19-Jun-19
I am loving the new Victory lighted nocks too!

19-Jun-19
I bought a pack of nockturnals to try and was incredibly impressed by the brightness. They flicker between red and blue and could be seen from 100 yards by my wife.

19-Jun-19
I’ve used Nocturnals on two dozen or so animals. Used green in Africa. They did not seem very bright in mid day sun. I use red now and like them better. For practice, I glued lead shot in the base of regular nocks to get them to weigh the same as nocturnals, but inside 40 yards the weight difference between nocturnals and plain nocks caused insignificant change in arrow impact on target.

20-Jun-19

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Tried a few, but Nockturnal have worked the best for me...

20-Jun-19
Just a few years ago I started using them. I was on a spot and stalk on a buck afriend gave me the yds. I heard him wrong. I shot and watched a beautiful green light arc spot on down range only to hit low. I’ll remember that for ever. They’re great for finding lost arrows.

21-Jun-19
I have been using the old style Nock On's. I just see they have a new design out. The battery life has improved.

21-Jun-19
Nocturnals for me. Fly the same as my regular nocks.

21-Jun-19
Nockturnals are bright but when I switched to them form regular GT nocks they changed my tune. I had a hell of a time getting a good tear. I switched to the Lumenock and perfect, they are not as bright but still very good. Shawn

21-Jun-19
Nockturnals here as well. Tried another brand I can't recall that had a longer "neck" and some sort of different switching mechanism that looked interesting. Shot one of the in practice and BH flight was way off, so I tossed it stayed with my Nockturnals.

Most of mine have fit my Beman Hunter shafts well. Had a few that had the loose fit, but the plastic grocery bag trick fixed the problem and made absolutely no impact difference.

I found that the tip of my favorite Thunderheads is just right to slip in the hold and turn off the light, after getting used to the procedure, as there is a slight learning curve involved in doing so without puncturing my opposite hand. With just a little practice it gets to be easy and reliable.

Mine have been very reliable and have worked without fail so far in practice for a couple years. Unfortunately, haven't put any through an animal during that period, but hoping to change that this year.

21-Jun-19
Sometimes I wonder if a jumpy whitetail will see the light shooting at them and jump string. Anyone else? I know we watched a real nice buck jump string on Justin's buck and he was using lighted nocks. Anyone else?

21-Jun-19
I also like Nocturnals

22-Jun-19

deerslayer's embedded Photo
deerslayer's embedded Photo
Nocturnals for me as well.

Here’s a pic to Adam is referring to. This is the second buck in the same year that I had drop a string on me. In both instances it seemed very unlikely they would drop the string. You can see from this picture that arrow is almost to the buck before he drops. You could make an argument for sound, but I've never had this issue before with the same exact arrows. Made me start wondering if they were seeing the streak of the nock as it got to them and they dropped. (Although come to think of it both were out of a ground blind... hmmmmm........ the plot thickens)

22-Jun-19
The Deer sees that arrow coming from a very different angle. Do you think they can see that light? Anyone volunteer to do an experiment?

22-Jun-19

shorty's Link
I've been using Firenocks for years and my opinion is they are by far the best. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

22-Jun-19
I’ve had pretty good luck, overall, with Nockturnals. The grocery bag trick definitely fixes the occasional loose fit. A small finish nail works good to shut them off when practicing. I put a tiny bit of bowstring wax in the hole to keep blood from getting inside of the working components.

22-Jun-19
x2 on the Firenocks. I like the interchangeable components and the refresh policy.

22-Jun-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This thread got me thinking about possible nock pics in action. I went back thru some of my vids and snipped a few.

22-Jun-19
JTV....you might like this snow tracking job.

22-Jun-19
That one was maybe 75-80 yards.

• Sitka Gear