Zim 19-Jun-19
Dale06 20-Jun-19
carcus 20-Jun-19
Scooter 20-Jun-19
ELKMAN 20-Jun-19
Bou'bound 20-Jun-19
JTV 20-Jun-19
19-Jun-19
Anyone out there NOT running custom strings. Just rolling with factory rigging.

Anyone?

19-Jun-19
Anyone out there NOT running custom strings. Just rolling with factory rigging.

Anyone?

19-Jun-19
I shot some factory WC for about six months, they were more then serviceable

19-Jun-19
In August I will have had my latest bow a year with factory strings still on it. I think I can make it through this year with them. After that it will probably be custom strings.

19-Jun-19
it depends on how well made the factory set is, some companies have very good threads on their bows .... If its a good set, no creep/stretch, peep stays in place, I'll shoot the original set till it is time to put a new set on.... I make it a point to take care of what is on the bow, regular waxing or string snot or similar keeps them from fuzzing and excessive wear .. use what is recommended from the string maker .... I still use Tex Tite and their new formula is the shiznitz's

19-Jun-19
I make my own threads (compound & traditional), so they are not factory riggings, just custom made only for me.

19-Jun-19
Yep, factory on BT Reckoning. Probably the best strings I’ve ever had on a bow.

19-Jun-19
Factory strings for me on two Prime Rivals. Good strings in my experience. Just changed out the original on the one I bought new with the "free every two years" set from Prime. No issues tuning it and the old strings are still serviceable backups despite wear and tear from the willows and shooting.

On the used Rival that came with after-market strings...it was way out of spec for brace height and axle-to-axle. I put the included factory strings back on and it was instantly back in spec.

19-Jun-19
I’m not a fan of factory strings. Twisted x strings is my preference

19-Jun-19
Had Hoyt factory strings on my defiant for two years until I ran a broadhead across it last fall and upgraded. Didn't have any issues prior to me damaging them.

20-Jun-19
I shoot two Hoyt’s, both are on their second factory string. The bows are 4/5 years old. Those strings are working just fine for me.

20-Jun-19
Stock strings on my RealmX for now, they seem as good as the customs I've used on all my other bows, I have archery shack strings on my experience, very well built string, I went with the bcy mercury as it was on sale, its ok but they seem to be getting fuzzy prematurely, I will go with bcy X next time

20-Jun-19
Shooting my BT Boss with factory strings for about 6 months now, no peep rotation issues, no stretch, serving is still very good, etc......Why change...

20-Jun-19
I'm actually running factory threads for the first time in a very LONG TIME now that I'm shoot the Realm X and they have been rock solid so far. Completely impressed. Blown away actually.

20-Jun-19
Good to see I am not the only one. Seems crazy to buy a top end bow and have to spend another $100 plus out of the box. I have found the Hoyt's to be very good, no issues, and I use them until normal wear tells me to change at which point I go with 60X.

20-Jun-19
Most bow companies now a days see the benefit of using well made strings and cables on their bows ... why sell a $1000+ bow and put crappy threads on it.. the companies wised up ..... as I said above, when it IS time for new, go to a good string maker, mine is Twisted X ....

• Sitka Gear