No Mercy 16-Jul-19
Brotsky 20-Jul-19
LUNG$HOT 20-Jul-19
JohnMC 01-Aug-19
No Mercy 17-Sep-19
Grubby 17-Sep-19
20-Jun-19
'morning All,

Added something new to this years Trail Mix of mixes.

Dot's Pretzels...… I'm addicted to 'em! ha

3 each ~~ 2lb bags via A-Prime for $33 w/free shipping......

Made 13 Snack Zip lock bags out of this Mix

Good luck, Robb

20-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

20-Jun-19
Dot pretzels are great!

And I bet Robb bought them, not provided by the company like most so-called 'pro-staffers'

20-Jun-19
Here’s a hint. You can make your own with a bag of rolled pretzels. A little of the liquid movie theatre butter, and a ranch packet of your choice. A lot cheaper than dots

20-Jun-19
Dot’s Pretzels and a 12 pack of Busch Light....I’ll take “things I can make disappear” for $1000 Alex.

20-Jun-19
First discovered them in the liquor store in Sturgis SD several years ago(not a biker, grew up there). Then I discovered I couldn't get them in OK. Finally in the last year they are showing up in places here.

I hate pretzels....but love Dots. I've gotten all my family members addicted to them too. They are pricey, but worth it to me.

20-Jun-19
Dot's Pretzels are a legalized form of crack. I do not know what a serving size is, but I am telling you it is BS. (ND Company BTW!)

20-Jun-19
My wife is addicted to Dot's pretzels. So much so, I had to find space to pack 6 large bags of them in my pickup when we drove to Florida, because she was afraid she wouldn't be able to find them down there. ;-(

I'm not a big junk food kinda guy, so I'm rather indifferent about them.

Matt

20-Jun-19
Never had them....doesn't sound like I need to try them. I have enough vices.

20-Jun-19

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo
Yep,Velva ND, Just sayin!

20-Jun-19
Velva might not be the end of the earth but you can almost see it from there (Minot) Ha!

20-Jun-19
Discovered them on a SD ice fishing trip! Totally addicting... cocaine on a stick! As we were headed home we were calling C-stores looking for them. Finally found one with them in stock. Three of us were fighting over what they had. We bought everything they had including the full case in the back storeroom. 8^P

20-Jun-19
Can’t say I’ve ever heard of them but I agree with Midwest. Should probably steer clear as I have enough stuff I can’t live without! Lol

20-Jun-19
Nick- I will ship you a bag for free. Each following bag will cost you $50. I will be a millionaire!

20-Jun-19
Thought this was gonna be a Tink thread ;)

20-Jun-19
On sale now 4.99 Ace Hardware West Fargo so good

20-Jun-19
Ace Hardware is where I've seen them too (not NDak)

20-Jun-19
You're just evil, Brian! ;-)

20-Jun-19
Velva?

Wasn’t that the the name of one of Jerry Seinfeld’s girlfriends? The one he couldn’t remember her first name?

20-Jun-19
T-roy..Mulva? You know the one that sounds like a female body part :-)

21-Jun-19
Actually it was Deloris...……..her name....

C-man ~~ too funny! Pro Staffer….ha

I needed to add something with some sodium as all the other Mix, mix is from Whole Foods and free of just about everything that most are additives.

I use to get them when we made a Missile Transport from Hill to Minot but then I found some going back and forth from Iowa last year on my deer tag...….brought back a delicious habit! ha

I ate a bag yesterday of the mix and man, plenty of Ruffage.....No magazine needed in the Sit Down Office!

Good luck, Robb

21-Jun-19
Scheels stores all carry them too.

Dot's is one of the finest things to come out of ND as of late :-)

21-Jun-19
Crushed Dots make excellent fish coating for frying as well.

21-Jun-19

No Mercy's Link
Norseman-they actually make a breading now.

23-Jun-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Bastards...

23-Jun-19
Welcome to the club Nick.

23-Jun-19
You’re just going to have turn up your “embrace the suck” mode one notch, Nick!

23-Jun-19
T-Roy. He is going to have one big ab like the rest of us. Especially when accounting for the beer he will drink with the pretzels.

23-Jun-19
:-)

24-Jun-19
Haha!! Funny------->

I'm gonna see if I can order some of that breading stuff and try it on C-Breast...….I'm not much of a fish guy.

Good luck, Robb

24-Jun-19
They sound good. I’ve never tried them. Never even heard of them until this thread. Like Nick, I’d best keep it that way. Cause they sound yummy.

24-Jun-19
Here’s one for you with some Southwestern flare. My wife takes saltine crackers (no salt variety) and puts them in a big mixing bowl. She adds cholesterol free Canola oil to the crackers and gives it a good stir. Next, Ashe adds crushed red chili and mixes them all again. Then, lays them out on paper towels to let them dry overnight. Next morning they go into ziplock bags for snacking. This snack tops them all for me. I think next time we try it with some NM green chili powder!

24-Jun-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Smashed half the bag yesterday. Luckily, I had burned a few calories that morning!

24-Jun-19
Butcherboy, we make those all the time here too. Our mix contains a packet of ranch dressing mix along with the crushed red pepper flakes. They don't last long!

24-Jun-19
Damn midwest, 17.33 miles at 8:46/mile!!! I'm going to have to get me some of this super food. :)

24-Jun-19
Never heard of these until this thread..turns out a mobile in monroe Wisconsin wher I work has them. Tried my first bag today and have to say they are the best store bought I have ever had. I have had better made similar to the last couple of threads that I prefer. Thanks for turning me onto these

24-Jun-19
Brotsky, I've had the recipe you're talking about, too, only they were always made with oyster crackers. Like friggin' crack!

24-Jun-19
A couple of my duck hunting friends are Managers for D&B Supply and they stock these. They have become a duck blind staple!

24-Jun-19
Oh yeah, I forgot the ranch mix is added in there too! I ate a whole box of these in a couple of days just a few weeks ago!

24-Jun-19
Amazon makes life easy

25-Jun-19
I agree, I'd be lost with out my Amazon Prime!

Hell of a pace there Nick-----> good for you.

Good luck, Robb

25-Jun-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
BTW...this is what happens after you eat two bags of Dot’s! Ha!

25-Jun-19
Awesome Brotsky! I like Dot's but maybe not THAT much!

25-Jun-19
Got some coming to the NW...... Thanks, I think. ;)

G

25-Jun-19
Never heard of these. Can you get them East of the Mississippi?

And what is the magical coating on these pretzels?

25-Jun-19
I bought a bag of these in CO years ago and was hooked on the first bite so yea they are something like crack. I order them and have them shipped to my house now. Another thing I got hooked on in CO is Boulder Sausage hatch green chili sausage, amazing!

25-Jun-19
Rut nut, I believe the coating is one part crack cocaine, one part black tar heroin, and two parts ranch dressing mix.

25-Jun-19
HAHAH NAILED it Justin!

25-Jun-19
Several places you can order. Direct as well. Their distribution is working their way south. We FINALLY have them in OK now.

25-Jun-19
LMBO Brotsky! : )

I saw ranch mentioned before, but it didn’t look like there was a “coating” on them.

26-Jun-19
Just placed an order. Last thing I need is more snackin’ But I’m pretty excited to try em out.

27-Jun-19
Don't hate me BullSac!! haha

Enjoy

Good luck, Robb

27-Jun-19
I was staying outside of Topeka KS, and needed some Gorilla tape. Stopped @ a local Ace hardware & found the tape. While checking out, saw a rack full of Dot's pretzels. Normally don't buy food @ a hardware store but I remembered this discussion on Bowsite. Bought a couple of bags.Now I'm addicted!! BULELK1, not sure I should thank you or not. :)

27-Jun-19
If you got any left, bring them to the Cabin Bob! ;-)

27-Jun-19
Kylet could you elaborate on home brew? I live in NY, and doubt i would find them round here... I'm cheap, I'll make my own. Sounds like a great snack.

27-Jun-19
Pat should send Dot a link to this thread. Maybe they'll become a sponsor. lol

27-Jun-19
LOL! : )

27-Jun-19
I'm in south Louisiana and read this thread last week. Never heard of Dots, didn't think much about it. Walked into feed store in Breaux Bridge today and there's Dots on the counter. Had to try them and wasn't disappointed.

27-Jun-19
This is the damn funniest thread in a long time. Dot’s are like...addicting. Brotsky nailed the secret ingredients!

27-Jun-19
I just got my 2 bags from amazon.. boy oh boy these are good.. shame on you guys for keeping these a secret so long..

27-Jun-19
MSG is a helluva drug. My how bowsite advertising works. Never heard of these but I am jonesing for a taste now. Hope they live up to the hype. Hope its not like middlesworth chips which all the central pa folks love but taste stale and undercooked to me. Some regional foods just fall flat, like the asshat that decided fries go on a sandwich (they don't, and there is really good less commercialized food in western PA).

28-Jun-19
Life simply wouldn't be the same without Dot's pretzels.... (or Johnny's seasoning)

29-Jun-19

No Mercy's embedded Photo
And now-these!! And they are amazing!

29-Jun-19
Aww man, helluva time to be eating the carb free life!

29-Jun-19
Why are they so good? What is so addicting bout them? Closest I can think of is those mustard pretzel chunks... ranch dressing mix?

29-Jun-19
Theres no way im gonna be in elk shape now that Dots is making candybars.

01-Jul-19
I saw this thread last week and never opened it because I'm not much into pretzels. Well over the weekend I learned my kids were on to DOTS Pretzels. They had a bag in the vehicle on the way to visit my inlaws in Duluth. They are undoubtedly the best pretzels I've ever had.

01-Jul-19
Sean D- Round is a shape!

scentman- Eleven herbs and spices? To be honest I don't know the secret ingredient. (MSG?) But I think Dot's have the potential to outpace the opiate crisis in this country.

01-Jul-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo

01-Jul-19
No mercy- Choc covered pretzels AND toffee???!!! I might have to get some of those things! ;-)

01-Jul-19
Straight up hypocrisy posting on this thread and the “Sheep Shape” thread in the same week, but Amazon just left the driveway, and damn, these things really are that good...

01-Jul-19
"Serving size" LOL

01-Jul-19
Maybe that's a mis-print Brotsky.......................................maybe they meant BAG instead of ounce! ;-)

01-Jul-19
"The best pretzels"...….come from a bag?

Where you guys been all your life? Listening to rap music and bad mouthing your country, I bet!

THE best pretzels come from SunTrust Park in Atlanta. They're huge, doughy, slathered with butter, splashed with rock salt and garlic. A couple of those little cups of spicy mustard, 4 beers, and a pretzel, and you're set 'til the stretch.

God Bless America!

01-Jul-19
As much as I LOVE the pretzels, I tried a Dot's candy bar today and was "underwhelmed". Can't wait to try that fish batter though....

02-Jul-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Prepping another Trail Mix Batch
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Prepping another Trail Mix Batch

02-Jul-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
1 in the Mix ~~1 in my tummy......
BULELK1's embedded Photo
1 in the Mix ~~1 in my tummy......

02-Jul-19
If they left out the MSG I'd eat them based on this thread, and I don't even like pretzels that much. I did have a girlfriend named 'Dot' once, and she made great pesto out of basil she grew. These pretzels would make a great vehicle for that I bet.

02-Jul-19
So I went out and bought the movie theatre butter and a package of ranch and some pretzels. GREAT!!!!! Thanks for sharing the secret formula.

02-Jul-19
That's disappointing Kota! Which kind did you try?

02-Jul-19
Rut Nut, this is kota we're talking about. He tried each kind and then tried 6 other kinds of pretzel candy bars to find the best one out there! Ha!

02-Jul-19
HAHAHA-my thoughts exactly Brotsky!

I think Cory is crazy-both the milk chocolate and the white chocolate are awesome IMO.

02-Jul-19
Brotsky- And kota has a tote full of them in his shed to boot!

02-Jul-19
LMBO guys! : ) Z- was that pun intended?! ;-)

I'm betting there are a few guys who missed that thread and are scratching their heads right now! ;-)

02-Jul-19
You guys know me too well! I did buy one of each kind and I brought them in to work and shared them with my staff in the breakroom. To be honest, nobody was REALLY impressed. We all like Pretzel M&M's better. ;)

I went ahead and ordered the fish batter though! Gonna be tough to beat out the old faithful "Fry'n Magic"...

02-Jul-19
Bought a small bag of them Sunday in a Empire CO gas station for $4. They were good but not sure 4 times better than normal pretzels.

02-Jul-19
I have no business replying to this thread and the "Sheep Shape" thread at the same time...but I am.

02-Jul-19

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Well... in an earlier post I stated that I’d never tried them, hell... I’d never even heard of them until this thread. Just now I was rifling around in the kitchen cabinets at work looking for a toothpick when low and behold there’s a dam bag of these things staring me in the face. Yes I snagged a handful and ya... pretty dam good. Not sure about the “ranchy” flavor mixed in with trail mix tho. I’d have to give it a try.

Lmbo about Kota. We’ll be expecting a full report in a few months on the long term effects of said products.

03-Jul-19

butcherboy's embedded Photo
butcherboy's embedded Photo
Here is my addiction. The ranch mix everyone is referring to is used in this mix and not the pretzels.

03-Jul-19
Well if the ranch is NOT used in the pretzels, then I've just invented a NEW snack treat.

04-Jul-19
All this talk of Dots sparked my interest. As a East Coaster I've never seen them. I went to Amazon and ordered pack. I must say the hype is true. Very addicting....thanks boys

08-Jul-19
I just got a text from a friend of mine who is bringing me back a bag from Denver. Now the big question is................................................will there be any left after the long drive to PA! ;-)

09-Jul-19
I read this thread this morning and never expectEd to find these. Then I was in Ace hardware in Woodland, Washington and there they are at the checkout! They’re delicious! Ha ha!

09-Jul-19

Fresh Walleye just going in the oven!

09-Jul-19
Give us the report on that fish batter Jason. I ordered some last week...

09-Jul-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Just a man hard at work...

09-Jul-19
I’m glad you splurged and got the Grain Belt Premium, Justin! Are you drinking it, or prepping you arrow shafts with it??!!

09-Jul-19
T-roy, you know it takes the dirt off better than acetone!

09-Jul-19
hey, they let you out of staters have that Premium? I grew up on that. Almost. Good for shore lunch fish batter too.

09-Jul-19
LOL!! T-roy!

10-Jul-19
Going to take more than one bag of Dot's to get that taste out of your mouth, Brotsky!

10-Jul-19
You guys disappoint me with your distaste for good beer. Next thing you know you'll be turning your nose up at the finer refreshments like Busch Light!

10-Jul-19
The Dot's batter is AWESOME! Even my kid liked it-and he's about the most picky eater in the world :-)

10-Jul-19
Love me some blue smoothies, Brotsky, but I'd rather drink the acetone than Grain Belt!

12-Jul-19
I saw a bag at my local Big R and had to get it it. They are good! Brought it to work and my sister immediately ordered somenoff Amazon. My wife is hooked and two out of three kids really liked them and one is an extremely picky eater. My middle girl said they were too “hot” lol.

12-Jul-19
The thing about every kind of store bought 'trail mix' is that you're paying too much for the cheapest ingredients. Way cheaper to just mix up some gorp and add m&m's or whatever else suits you.

12-Jul-19
You guys had me so intrigued but I can't stomach the $144.69 for 32oz it would cost me through amazon.

12-Jul-19

TxHuntr's embedded Photo
TxHuntr's embedded Photo
Im $34 lighter....

12-Jul-19
Picked up another 16 oz bag today at Sportsman’s Warehouse for $6.00. Lol

13-Jul-19
My daughter has celiac disease and she was bummed watching her husband and I dive into the Dots so I made a gluten free version this weekend that I may actually like better.

14-Jul-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Somebody ate all my Dot’s but I still have some GB!

14-Jul-19
I just ordered 2 bags off Amazon, have to see what the hype is all about.

14-Jul-19
I really can't say I'm a big pretzel fan. Friday I was going by an Amish "surplus food" store in southern Iowa and stopped in to buy some snacks for the trip. I'd never tried Dot's before but remembered this thread. Low and behold, there they were. $4.95 for a one pound bag. I checked the expiration date and they were fresh. Picked up two pound bags. As I said, I've never been a big pretzel fan but those babies ought to be illegal. I think it's the buttery/garlic flavor. I'm hooked. You think I used to be fat? bw

15-Jul-19
This thread is gaining traction......must be getting close to hunting seasons:)

15-Jul-19
Same here Barry... Actually kind of hate pretzels, however.....I stay away From Dots for now as I am already too fat.

15-Jul-19
Dot's will help you to run faster and jump higher!

15-Jul-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Picked some fish fry up at Scheels per no mercy needed to add more spices turned out a hit.

15-Jul-19
I added garlic salt to it and a bit of cayenne and it was perfect Elite 1!

15-Jul-19
Mercy I did the same cayenne Greek seasoning Lowry and Mrs Dash egg mixed with bud light to coat. You should have them move the fish mix down with the Dots products by check out. Went thur fishing department cost me 120 bucks for another Muskie rod it was like it reeled me in there. LOL

16-Jul-19
I had the 3 each 2 lb bags in my A-Prime Wish list and they sent me a notice the price drop so I ordered them for $29 here tomorrow.....

Dang those Dot's meals got me hungry!!

Good luck, Robb

16-Jul-19
HAHAHAHA Keith :-)

20-Jul-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Pretzel porn!

20-Jul-19

Found these at Sportsman Warehouse passing through Vernal Utah. My son actually spotted em and bought a bag. Huge hit at camp with the family. They’re a winner.

01-Aug-19

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Look what I just bought at a gas station

17-Sep-19

UH OH!!!!

17-Sep-19
I don’t like the Dots fish breading for frying fish, I do use it in the oven. Coat your filets with ranch dressing before the breading and then into the oven..... amazing , also great with pork chops. When frying I don’t think it sticks well enough.

They also have a candy bar out now.

• Sitka Gear