Ace 21-Jun-19
KSflatlander 21-Jun-19
Jasper 21-Jun-19
Rut Nut 21-Jun-19
ki-ke 21-Jun-19
20-Jun-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
So when I was 7 years old my sister Pat brought home a little, fiberglass recurve bow her high school PE teacher had given her. She gave it to me, a moment I still remember. The next morning I hopped on my bike and rode as fast as my legs would carry me to Otasco Sporting Goods where I dug the change out of my pocket and bought all the arrows I could afford with my own money….one. Yes, one cedar practice arrow; but that’s all it took. Little did I know how much shooting that bow in the backyard (and searching for my arrow) would alter my life. That was 52 years ago and I have been blessed in countless ways by the sport of archery, and bow hunting in particular. So all that being said I want to take an opportunity to give a little bit back. I have a great bow, a fully equipped Bear Archery Arena 34 that I’d love to get in the hands of a deserving young person. This bow has an adjustable draw weight of 55 to 70 pounds and a draw length of 26.5 to 31 inches. It has a Trophy Ridge 7-pin React Pro sight, HXL drop away rest and 9” stabilizer. In addition, so not to leave the recipient hanging (like my sister did me LOL) I’ll throw in some Carbon Express arrows and Muzzy broad heads. In a perfect world I’m looking for a teenager or young person who hunts (or has expressed an interest in hunting) and doesn’t have or can’t afford a nice bow. If you know of a good candidate, send me their story (Private Message please……name, age, location and a little history). If the person I choose is close to Gwinnett County, Georgia, they’re welcome to come to my home and I’ll set the bow up for them and we’ll shoot a little. If they’re out of the area I’ll ship it on my dime. Please note that this is not a youth bow meant for a kid….I want someone to be able to hunt with it this fall so they need to be able to pull 55 pounds or more comfortably and have a 26.5” draw or longer. So spread the word and I look forward to helping steer someone a little deeper into their enjoyment of God’s Great Outdoors (I’ll choose the winner in a couple of weeks). Thanks.

20-Jun-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

20-Jun-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

20-Jun-19
Wow, nice job. Very generous. Hope you get it into some deserving hands.

20-Jun-19
That's an awesome offer Jasper, good for you!

I teach the Bowhunter Education classes required here in CT before someone can buy an Archery Permit. Sometimes we find kids who can't afford anything decent, but so often these days, they want to just get a crossbow.

I applaud your efforts.

20-Jun-19
This is what bowsite is all about. Not all that other bs. Awesome gesture jasper! I hope you find a worthy recipient.

20-Jun-19
What an awesome gesture Jasper. Guys like you are what make Bowsite the place that it is. Good karma coming your way!

20-Jun-19
I gotta kid with a great story. I'll PM my info. This is awesome! Regardless of who gets the rig.

20-Jun-19
My 16 year old nephew is really wanting to get into it, but none of our stuff will fit the little fella... (6'-4") Probably a 31 draw.

20-Jun-19
Awesome!!! Im at a lost for words!!

20-Jun-19
Your generosity might of just started something Jasper....I hope it catches on.

20-Jun-19
Jasper = Top notch dude!

20-Jun-19
Very nice!! I wish I knew someone who could use it!! Great gesture!! Shawn

20-Jun-19
Maybe when someone gets picked, we can find out what size he/she is and see who has some extra camo/ boots, etc, (and some other gear, like a release, pack, knife, etc) so Bowsite can outfit the new hunter right.

20-Jun-19
Awesome gesture Jasper. Thanks for passing the tradition on.

20-Jun-19
Very generous of you. Thanks

20-Jun-19
Great gesture

20-Jun-19
Very nice.

20-Jun-19
Very generous of you sir! Very Well Done!!!

20-Jun-19
Very nice of you, thanks.

20-Jun-19
Very nice, hope you find someone who is truly deserving.

20-Jun-19
I have a 13 year old adopted son, 5'9" 168lbs. Yes he is a defensive end and linebacker. He started gun hunting 5 years ago with a old .410. He wants to bowhunt, but he doesn't care for Traditional or crossbows. I think he would rather hunt than eat.

20-Jun-19
Tip of the hat to YA Jasper!

20-Jun-19
Good for you, just beware that it goes into the right hands. I did a similar thing about 7 yrs ago with a custom recurve with condition that it goes to a deserving youth with a mentor for support. Sent the bow and found out that it didn't go to where it should have but to an older person that thought the bow was to nice for a kid, I felt like I was scam.

20-Jun-19
Good for you sir and a very nice bow to boot!

20-Jun-19
Great gesture Jasper! I hope it finds a worthy individual.

20-Jun-19
Very thoughtful! I'll bet more of us could do something similar.

20-Jun-19
Thanks for the kind words guys! I’ve gotten a couple of PMs with stories that brought tears to my eyes. You guys know who you are and YOU should be getting many more kudos than me for what you’re doing with troubled kids! I’m not sure how I’m gonna do it yet but I’m determined to help more than one kid after reading what I just did. God will find a way! And Ace I love your idea of getting Bowsiter’s to pitch in and donate some other gear if possible! The possibilities make me smile from ear to ear. You guys rock! God bless! John Stanley

20-Jun-19
Good man

20-Jun-19
Awesome

20-Jun-19
What an amazing gesture! Its people like you that restore my faith in humanity.

20-Jun-19
. Sounds like you might have a tough choice on who to reward with this great gift . So , Pick a kid ( soldier, veteran , wounded warrior) for your bow then pick another one and I’ll send them a bow. Just tell me who you want and I’ll send them an Elite Answer with a G5 sight, stabilizer, quiver etc. 50-60 lbs , 28 inch draw. Killed the bull of a lifetime with it , now it’s time for someone else to enjoy. . PM me with details and I’ll ship it. As a young man I lost my dad and his friends stepped to the plate and saw I never went hungry, got an education , and took me hunting...a lot. Saved me. You remind me of those men, you are the best of bowsite

20-Jun-19
This is awesome. Great gesture.

21-Jun-19
Good on ya man

21-Jun-19
Very kind gesture - somebody is going to be a lucky recipient. Hope in time they too remember and return the kindness to someone else.

21-Jun-19
Great post. I would send some old gear or clothing also.

21-Jun-19
The Bowsite Pay It Forward Thread!

Look what you started Jasper, Good Stuff indeed!

21-Jun-19
Man, my Friday just got even better reading all these responses. The character of the majority of the Bowsite is on display right here. Glidingindian....wow man, thank you so much! You hit the nail on the head with your observation, I’ll be in touch and we’re gonna make a couple of young men very happy! Looks like we may be able to outfit them beyond a bow setup as well with some others stepping up on this thread. I never saw this coming but thank you guys. God is good! John

21-Jun-19
What a great act of kindness! Well done Jasper and glidingindian!

21-Jun-19
Good stuff!!!

I hope your generosity pays all sorts of dividends.

Kudos to you guys!

21-Jun-19
Acts of kindness!! Very nice.

21-Jun-19
Awesome Thread. Cant wait to hear who gets the bow. Way to go Jasper!

21-Jun-19
This is what it’s all about. Fine work gentleman. Hunter

21-Jun-19
Pay it forward! Awesome gesture guys!

21-Jun-19
Tell ya what, just to liven things up a bit, I'll offer to take one of the new bow shootin peeps on a CT Live Hunt with their new bow. No deer are likely to be harmed, but we can post a few Boot Pics, and give some hairy guy from OK a good laugh.

I think I can also probably convince Pat to donate a Lifetime Bowsite Membership and an Autographed Picture too. (If he says no, I'll snap a candid next time I see him and forge his name.)

Now, who else has something of value to add to the mix?

21-Jun-19
Very cool. Good karma on you guys.

21-Jun-19
Lifetime membership and autographed pic?! Dang it Ace, now you’re just trying to one up me! :)

21-Jun-19
This is the kind of thread I LOVE to see! KUDOS to all involved! : )

21-Jun-19
Good class of folks in this place....

About 15 years ago, I started a thread titled "Give me your bows!" I had started an archery program in a scouting program at my church. All our boys are urban/suburban NJ kids, NONE of which had ever held a bow, never mind a gun. At the time, the church leadership wasn't exactly keen on allowing weapons in the program. I persisted and got a pass to set up a range in the drainage pond behind the church. I used my own $$ to buy a half dozen red fiberglass sticks and a couple entry level recurves. Another archer and i built a few foam backstops and away we went.

The kids went wild for archery! Parents complained that their kids came home with blistered, bleeding fingers and bruises on their forearms from string slap. (We hadn't yet made tabs and arm guards) They also complained that the kids were bugging them to buy them their own bows!! But, not one objection to what we were doing.

We now have 20 Genesis bows and have developed a few instructors that have been certified to level 3 and 4! No less than 1000 kids have learned to shoot through this program!!

Back to “Give me your bows”.... was an ask for about a dozen kids that were hooked and needed equipment. Guys from this site, from all over the country, put GREAT equipment in boxes and shipped to NJ, without an ask for a penny, even though I offered to absorb the shipping! I ended up with enough equipment to outfit more than a dozen kids! I have no idea how many deer fell to those bows and arrows, Almost all of those kids still bow hunt!!

Guys like Jasper and a bunch like him, are certainly the best of this place!!

• Sitka Gear