Mathews Inc.
Ryan, Scoot, and K114 go on a bear hunt!
Bears
Contributors to this thread:
midwest 21-Jun-19
GhostBird 21-Jun-19
Brotsky 21-Jun-19
rattling_junkie 21-Jun-19
Beav 21-Jun-19
Charlie Rehor 21-Jun-19
Mt. man 21-Jun-19
No Mercy 21-Jun-19
Brotsky 21-Jun-19
Beav 21-Jun-19
SBH 21-Jun-19
Brotsky 21-Jun-19
Jaquomo 21-Jun-19
midwest 21-Jun-19
HUNT MAN 21-Jun-19
Ace 21-Jun-19
svrelk 21-Jun-19
t-roy 21-Jun-19
Alexis Desjardins 21-Jun-19
buzz mc 21-Jun-19
Paul@thefort 21-Jun-19
Ron Niziolek 21-Jun-19
wooddamon1 21-Jun-19
BigOk 21-Jun-19
deerslayer 21-Jun-19
WV Mountaineer 21-Jun-19
Mt. man 22-Jun-19
BULELK1 22-Jun-19
Scar Finga 22-Jun-19
GhostBird 22-Jun-19
trkyslr 22-Jun-19
Boreal 22-Jun-19
rattling_junkie 22-Jun-19
gunnar 22-Jun-19
Whocares 23-Jun-19
Charlie Rehor 23-Jun-19
OFFHNTN 24-Jun-19
Mark Watkins 24-Jun-19
GhostBird 24-Jun-19
pav 24-Jun-19
21-Jun-19
Looking forward to it, Scott!

21-Jun-19
Post photos AND blather on buddy... all is good.

21-Jun-19
Ahh..good timing Scoot, Friday afternoon!

21-Jun-19
Thumbs up!!!

21-Jun-19
Bring it on Scoot! Would agree completely with you how much time, effort, and money Hunt puts into this every year to try and help others experience it. He’s one of the best and I consider him one of my dearest friends!

21-Jun-19
Hunt (is a good) Man! Good luck!

21-Jun-19
HUNT is a great DUDE! Happy to call him friend and can't wait for K114 to show up here.

21-Jun-19
Awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it Scott.

21-Jun-19
Man I miss Idaho! Can't wait to be back in September!

21-Jun-19
Great pics and thanks for sharing!

21-Jun-19
Good stuff Scott! Glad you guys got to see a bear. Its not a given on public land in ID! Thanks for the post and followup! Looks like a great father son trip. Good job!!

21-Jun-19
Another awesome trip guys! These adventures with our kids are always too short but the memories sure last. Hunt is a damn fine individual, I sincerely hope I get the chance to meet him sometime! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Tell Ryan not to feel too bad about the bears. I passed up a dandy boar the very first night I ever sat in a bear stand because I was bound and determined to kill one bigger than Nichole's pumpkinhead bear. Well I sat in a tree for 9 days and never saw another one! I feel his pain!

21-Jun-19
Great job, Scott, Ryan and Hunter! You had a bear and made the decision to pass on an iffy shot. That's what pros do, Ryan. Good man!

21-Jun-19
Great stuff, Scott , Ryan, and Hunter. Thanks for passing it on!

21-Jun-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
It was my pleasure . To see the look in Ryan’s eyes as he told me the story was like looking into my own eyes 25 years ago. Next year will be even better. Hunt

21-Jun-19
Excellent story all around, Hunt, you're a first-class dude, I don't care what they all say about you! Ryan, well done, you showed a lot of poise and maturity, Scoot, what can I say bud, you're a jinx. All seriousness aside, thanks to all of you for posting and sharing your story.

21-Jun-19
Making memories!!! Adding a notch is a bonus...plus you have something to look forward to next year...

21-Jun-19
“and the old man taught the youngen’ a little lesson in golf”! I’d like to hear ol grinner’s version of that story! ;-)

Very cool to get to spend that kind of quality time with your son (and Ryan with Dad as well)! Cool story and great pics as well, scoot! Bummer about losing some of your gear on the way home. Kudos to HUNT too!

21-Jun-19
Hunting is not always about killing the adventure and memories is great next time maybe bear steak for u guys.

21-Jun-19
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

21-Jun-19
Fun stuff for sure. Father and son = a great combination and outing. my best, Paul

21-Jun-19
Good job all around guys. Father-son time like that is priceless. And good on you Hunt for hosting a young hunter.

21-Jun-19
Great recap, thanks for sharing!

21-Jun-19
Thanks for sharing your adventure.

21-Jun-19
That's awesome Scoot! Spring bears are a great time!

21-Jun-19
Great stuff Guys. Hunter is my kind of fella.

22-Jun-19
Great stuff buddy ??, hopefully next week I can share some Bailey pics. No K114 today, I'll check again tomorrow.

22-Jun-19
Dang good read Scott

Thanks for sharing

Good luck, Robb

22-Jun-19
Scott,

As I said in the other post, you are a great mentor and father!

Ryan, you made a very tough decision to not shoot, (a lot of guys would have shot) that is very commendable! Great job!

I would call this a very successful hunt!

Thanks for sharing all the story and photos and God Bless!

22-Jun-19
Congratulations men on a wonderful adventure and memories made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22-Jun-19
Good stuff and great pics! Hunt u da man!

22-Jun-19
Well done! thanks for sharing!

22-Jun-19
Sounds like a great trip!

22-Jun-19
I can’t resist.....Per usual great pictures and story from Scoot. Also per usual Scoot puts the big hex on bear hunting. I’ve seen him have great “luck” on so many critters, but he smells bad to the bears. That’s all I can figure! Ryan, next time you get a bear tag in MN we are going to put your dad in a different stand one night and one night only. I’ll sit with you if you’d like. We’ll fix that jinx!

All kidding aside, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again if I can be half the dad to my kids that Scoot is I’ll be doing a damn fine job.

23-Jun-19
Good job and thanks for sharing, Scoot and Ryan. You are both lucky! Have had some fun trips with my son as well. Still do and they're a big deal!

23-Jun-19
Always a thrill to follow the father and his young adult bonding in the great outdoors. Many more. C

24-Jun-19
Great thread Scott! Those are memories Ryan will always remember.........kill or no kill! And kudos to HUNT for helping another Bowsiter! ;)

24-Jun-19
Great family memory maker!!!!

Hunt, thanks for "being HUNT!"

Mark

24-Jun-19
Congrats again and props to Ryan for holding out for a clean & ethical shot. Nice to see in a young man. Dad, you are doing good. HUNT is a good man for sharing.

24-Jun-19
That's a successful hunt in my book! Target animal in bow range. Young bowhunter passing up a marginal shot opportunity. Great father/son memories made! More proof positive that Hunter is the man!

• Sitka Gear