Sitka Gear
Anyone traveling thru NE MN this summer?
Bears
Contributors to this thread:
CPAhunter 21-Jun-19
nogutsnostory 21-Jun-19
deerslayer 21-Jun-19
Will 21-Jun-19
leftee 22-Jun-19
Zebrakiller 22-Jun-19
Mark Watkins 24-Jun-19
Jasper 24-Jun-19
Teeton 24-Jun-19
t-roy 26-Jun-19
JusPassin 26-Jun-19
Will 26-Jun-19
Starfire 26-Jun-19
Starfire 26-Jun-19
Candor 26-Jun-19
MarkU 26-Jun-19
CPAhunter 01-Jul-19
bfisherman11 01-Jul-19
CPAhunter 01-Jul-19
petedrummond 01-Jul-19
Whocares 01-Jul-19
CPAhunter 02-Jul-19
Brotsky 02-Jul-19
CPAhunter 02-Jul-19
petedrummond 02-Jul-19
CPAhunter 27-Aug-19
Wiwienne 22-Sep-20
GF 22-Sep-20
CPAhunter 22-Sep-20
Z Barebow 23-Sep-20
South Farm 23-Sep-20
GF 23-Sep-20
ryanrc 23-Sep-20
BadlandsRoger 24-Sep-20
mainecheesehead 30-Sep-20
Whocares 30-Sep-20
21-Jun-19
Since the community forum was removed, I'll re-post here.

Anyone heading up through NE MN this summer for fishing in Canada or perhaps a bear or whatever hunt is welcome to message me. I live 30 mins north of Duluth, would be happy to break bread on your way. Or if you need a bunk or two, I've could have some room. If you are as decent as most, I might take you out fishing on Lake Superior weather permitting.

21-Jun-19
Very nice offer!!

21-Jun-19
That’s awesome man, wish I was!

21-Jun-19
Nice offer... Furthest north Ill get this summer is Nisswa, maybe Bimidji (hope I spelled that right, my wife will kill me if not :))

22-Jun-19
Sorry Will,afraid you’re dead.

22-Jun-19
We cime up and hike all the time ill look ya up

24-Jun-19
CPA,

Dang, was just in Duluth and Two Harbors for Grandmas Marathon this past weekend!

Hit Castle Danger up!

Mark

24-Jun-19
Very nice gesture!

24-Jun-19
Very nice of u CPA. Someone's going to have a good time.

26-Jun-19
Very nice gesture, CPA! I wasn’t too far west of you last Friday, but we were headed home from our Ontario fishing trip.

26-Jun-19
Very nice offer, from a beautiful part of the state.

26-Jun-19
I admitted my mistake to her, she said divorce papers are coming :) ha ha ha!

26-Jun-19
Well I wasn't planning on heading up that way.....but I am now. Do you catch lakers?

26-Jun-19
Oh and for the record its Burrrrmidji. Spent four years at the University there. Were else can you shore fish for walleyes after class.

26-Jun-19
That's a great offer. My father, son, and father-in-law were up there in the Boundary Waters area the first of the month. Beautiful area. Maybe next time!

26-Jun-19
It's "Bermidji" to NR's, Bemidji to us homeys. Went to college there, met my wife there, had a fish house out on the lake just off the point from campus. Did a lot more than fish in that hut.

01-Jul-19
Starfire- as the summer wears on it’s about 90% lake trout and 10% salmon. We catch the occasional brown, steelhead and walleye too. Was out Friday and caught 9 but Saturday was el skunko!

01-Jul-19
I will be heading up to Rainey LK later in the month. Just saw a TV show about fishing around Ashland, WI. Looks like some very good Smallmouth Bass and Walleye in LK Superior. I had no idea.

Nice offer, wish I had the extra time.

Bill

01-Jul-19
rodb - I still work and have an apartment in Hibbing but I sold my house last fall. Downsized so my "home" is now at my place on 40 acres between Hibbing and Duluth.

Pig Doc - I'd say we could fish Vermilion together but that lake is more lure washing than catching for me other than in the spring I do ok. Gordy's is my parent's favorite place - cheap and greasy. I'd rather meet you at the Mexican joint in Cloquet, it's the best around.

01-Jul-19
goin thru to low in four weeks wtf u at

01-Jul-19
If any of you wannabe fishermen pass thru Grand Rapids area contact me. I'm good for coffee, beer, couple lies, etc.! You do the lies, I just deal in the facts!

02-Jul-19
Pete, speak slower please. I have no clue what you posted.

02-Jul-19
Pete translated: "Passing through on my way to Lake of the Woods in 4 weeks. Where might you be found?" I speak this language because I have 3 teenagers in my home. :-)

02-Jul-19
Thanks Brotsky! I have a 17 year old at home. She speaks and texts complete sentences with me. So, wtf PD? U r prolly ridin up hwy 2 2 low? Close but no cigar on the drive-by. Private message me the date and if you're in Duluth or wanna fish we can meet up.

02-Jul-19
Goin from Duluth friday August 2 stay in virginia overnite cross at the Falls Saturday August 3.

27-Aug-19
ttt

22-Sep-20
I`m not sure about travelling this year

22-Sep-20
Am I the only one who is confused as to why anyone would dredge up a 13-month-old post with nothing good or relevant to say about it??

I’ve been thinking, though, lately... about the years when I would take off the week of Columbus Day and go camp, hunt grouse, fish for salmon, paddle the lake and do a little mountain biking....

Usually nobody else around the campgrounds and very little fishing pressure on Baptism or Temperance....

And did I mention the colors??? Dayum. For a kid who grew up with nothing but cottonwoods around the house.....

22-Sep-20
Nobody took me up on this. Offer still stands. Lake Superior has been mediocre this year but seem to catch a few each time out. Caught a brown trout last week that was less than an inch off the MN state record.

23-Sep-20
My wife and I will be up there the 1st weekend of Oct. Camping. State parks are booked but looking @ State Forest CG's or dispersed camping. It has been a while since we have been up there but it is a great place to visit.

23-Sep-20
What's the grouse situation up there this year...worth battling 6 million leaf-lookers heading north this weekend?

23-Sep-20
Maybe it has gotten to be a whole lot more popular, but I never ran into many other people apart from right along the shore. Campgrounds a mile or two inland we’re always all but empty, so I would just drag a picnic table inside the tent, fire up the woodstove and enjoy myself for a week. More like a week and a half, I suppose...

23-Sep-20
Not heading there but I used to hunt in Babbitt for bqlck black for a number of years. Would love to do it again sometime.

24-Sep-20
That's a great idea. I live in Omaha and have thought about offering up the same thing to guys headed out west on I-80. On any given day in September you can see a half dozen rigs headed out west to hunt elk if you drive a few miles on the interstate.

I've been trying to get up to Ely the last few years in the spring and do a boundary waters trip with my son. Didn't make it this year, but next year may be on the table. I'll keep you in mind!

30-Sep-20
Whocares - l sent you a PM - did you get it?

30-Sep-20
No. Not yet anyway. Been on the mtn all day.

• Sitka Gear