timberline53 23-Jun-19
timberline53 23-Jun-19
Scrappy 23-Jun-19
Rut Nut 23-Jun-19
22-Jun-19
Ummm... first day of summer?

22-Jun-19
Damn global warming.....;-)

We had tornado warnings at my place last night. Fortunately we just had rain and some small hail. I'd take this weather over the alternative any day, though. Maybe our horses won't graze our property down to the dirt this year, like they did last year.

Matt

22-Jun-19
They are still skiing where I chase high country bucks. Frustrating because I really have to find backup spots this year and kind of need the deer to be there...to find them.

22-Jun-19
Whoa...Crazy!

22-Jun-19
I heart global warming!

22-Jun-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I went over 2 mtn passes this afternoon and you wouldn’t believe the amount of water coming down and the amount of snow still on the peaks.

22-Jun-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Was snowing on us for the last three days. I have been in heaven.

22-Jun-19
I’m not familiar with any of these high peak areas, but is this late if snow at all normal?

23-Jun-19
Snow again this morning... Should be the last of it hopefully

23-Jun-19
It's just Rocky Mountain weather. It's 39 here at my house in Cheyenne this morning.

23-Jun-19
I went to the U of Wyoming in Laramie. More than once I had to scrape snow off the windshield at 2AM.....in July!

The last time we were there was in 2006 over 4th of July week. We drove up Hyw 130 to show our daughter Snowy Range peak and we had a snowball fight in the parking lot.

It was my 7 years in Wyoming that taught me that you never go anywhere, at any time of year without a down vest in your truck!

23-Jun-19
Was planning to head to Northern Colorado/Southern Wyoming (Routt/Medbow) to camp/scout with my truck camper from PA this week....looks like I better bring some cold weather gear!

23-Jun-19
ALWAYS! You get above 5000 feet and it could be winter at any time.

23-Jun-19
In 2008 the snow finally melted off my place 3 miles south or Leadville at 9800’ on June 21. We’d had 211” of snow in town and 370” up on Fremont Pass that winter. Sounds like this year is similar but maybe a lot colder. It will be gone in 2 months for elk season!

23-Jun-19

23-Jun-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Interesting weekend.

23-Jun-19

fishnride's embedded Photo
fishnride's embedded Photo

23-Jun-19
Ksholle, supposed to be a beautiful week, but definitely bring some warm clothes. It's STILL snowing at my place about 10 miles from the WY border, but not much sticking below 8600'

23-Jun-19
With the warmup next week we could see some big water in the creeks and rivers!

23-Jun-19
Hey scrappy- you do any ice-fishing this weekend? ;-)

Just curious where that is? What elevation? (That still has ice covered lakes)

23-Jun-19

timberline53's embedded Photo
Very cool morning in Paonia at 40 degrees after 2" of rain and some hail. Cherries are ripening in spite of the cool weather (had snow on the fruit and blossoms early on in April), and we will be picking this coming week...quite a bit of damage from the rain and hail, but still plenty of beautiful fruit! I will send photos to encourage those of you still buried in snow, that summer could be coming soon!

23-Jun-19

Cherries in my hand were split from rain. This is what it looked like here April 30

23-Jun-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Hey scrappy- you do any ice-fishing this weekend? ;-) Just curious where that is? What elevation? (That still has ice covered lakes) No ice fishing but I can now officially say I have walked on water in june.

23-Jun-19
LOL Scrappy! : )

Thanks- that’s amazing! They just said on the evening news, it was the latest snow of the year since 1928.

• Sitka Gear