Mike B 26-Jun-19
TreeWalker 26-Jun-19
elk yinzer 26-Jun-19
bowhunter24 26-Jun-19
midwest 27-Jun-19
Feedjake 27-Jun-19
t-roy 27-Jun-19
26-Jun-19
This past weekend they held the devils lake chamber of conference fishing tournament on Devils Lake. A guy was out there day before the tournament pre fishing seen a rope tied to a tree pulled it up found a dog kennel full of walleyes. He called the warden they staked it out but he never came back for them may have been tipped off. What will they think of next maybe a blue coat Democrat slipped in the back door I know they hate loosing.

26-Jun-19
We had a carp shoot one time in SE KS and our president was wading and shooting and found a gunny sack full of carp tied up from the day before. He brought it in and asked who owned it but no takers. Later on we found out who the cheaters were.

26-Jun-19
Pathetic

26-Jun-19
Id be willing to be this stuff happens wayyyy more often than you would think.

26-Jun-19

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo
Crooks

26-Jun-19
I've heard some stories about the predator contests too. . . . guys shooting coyotes for weeks, and freezing the carcasses whole, then checking them in for the contest

26-Jun-19
Yes I and my son use to hunt a gopher tournament they gave away a 22 for most gophers shot. But people were freezing gophers and coming in with over a 100 plus for the tournament. If there’s money or prizes involved they will be cheating. Sad

26-Jun-19
A guy at our local carp shoot got caught using a gill net a couple years ago

26-Jun-19
A guy at our local carp shoot got caught using a gill net a couple years ago pretty sad how far guys will go to win.

26-Jun-19
A guy at our local carp shoot got caught using a gill net a couple years ago pretty sad how far guys will go to win.

26-Jun-19
It always seems to be the chatter around the big ones in Montauk. The Calcutta’s alone are upwards of half a million dollars for a weekend tourney.

The same boat won 2 years in a row and netted close to a million in that time. So with that came a lot of suspicion.

26-Jun-19
Bake our coyote contests around here have done polygraph test for the winners to see if contest and game laws were followed. There’s one guy I know that one almost every time pre polygraph. Nowadays he hunts with one of his kids so it’s less embarrassing when he comes in way above par.

Some contests also use playing cards where you’re given ace through 2 of a suit. You have to have both partners names with the shooter circled on the card and time written down. The card is placed in the coyotes mouth and zip tied shut to rigamortis. If a mouth falls open instead of having to be pried open to get the card the team is dq’d. If there are concerns winners are questioned to make sure the stories on the cards match up. The contest organizers announce 30 minutes before day break which random card to begin with. I’ve seen guys come in with 1/2 the coyotes jaws blown off so now most contests throw those coyotes out of the contest. I’ve killed a fair number of coyotes and to this day managed to never shoot one in the face/head. ;) Guys do stupid stuff when you start getting over 1-2k dollars in the pot.

26-Jun-19
No worries about cheaters on predator contests in Arizona. G&F Dept just caved to the anti's and outlawed all predator contests for prizes. I was told by one G&F employee that the anti's that spoke at the meeting talked about all the poor coyote puppies who's daddy never came home one day because he'd been shot in a contest...

26-Jun-19
“Guys do stupid stuff when you start getting over 1-2k dollars in the pot.“

People do stupid stuff just for the bragging rights. Like raising crops for deer to eat just so they can get a “wall-hanger” (or several) every year....

26-Jun-19
People say stupid stuff to make themselves feel better on the internet too GF.

26-Jun-19
GF, are you serious? Really?

26-Jun-19
Guys have to take lie detector tests in big marlin tournaments

26-Jun-19
Oh GF, you've stepped on sensitive toes now.

26-Jun-19
Where I live there is a big Striper run and there was a huge contest for biggest fish based on length. It grew to where total prize was over 10 grand and 1st was 5 grand on down to 10th place was like 500 bucks. The fish were supposed to caught from a particular spot on the river(mid-hudson bridge) up river to the Troy dam. Well with the Ocean being only about a 2 hr drive or so and the big money several fisherman were catching big ocean stripers and running up to be measured and winning the big prizes. Normally a 47" fish or so that weighed 42-47#s would win but nce the scumbags caught on fish in 50 plus inches and over 52#s were bought in. After a few years these guys got caught but it already wrecked it for everyone. It sucks ut I think anytime tournaments pay out big money it brings on the cheaters!! Shawn

26-Jun-19
NH has a spring tournament, biggest salmon wins. One guy caught a HUGE one the week before, took it home, put it in a fish tank.

He would have won, but he shared on social media what he was doing. Someone turned him in.

26-Jun-19
I was very much involved in bass fishing and tournament fishing in the early years of B.A.S.S. On the local and state level to tournaments were all based on fun, fellowship and trophies.

Then “money” entered the events and it wasn’t fun anymore. It was at that point I left the scene. The things I witnessed and heard about no longer excited me about wanting to be involved In competitive fishing. What people will do for a dollar !!

26-Jun-19
Money, pussy, & hunting spots, many a man's minds turn to mush.

26-Jun-19
Ya, I fish a LOTW walleye tournament every year and my buddy and I talk about that. With such a giant lake it would be super easy to sink a cage down there. You hope it doesn't happen, but what can you really do. If you wanna be a scumbag you still have to live with yourself.

26-Jun-19
I don’t plant food plots so I’ll shoot the biggest deer. I plant food plots so my neighbors don’t shoot the biggest deer. ;)

26-Jun-19
That’s total BS!

26-Jun-19
I fished in a big money tarpon tournament a few years ago. A touched leader was considered a catch. Every team member was issued a bracelet that was unique to their team. Every catch had to have video proof of one of the members touching the leader with the bracelet clearly visible in the video. And the video had to be time marked, so the same fish couldn't be leadered multiple times. Then the video was sent directly to the judges, via text or email, for confirmation. It was all so damn complicated and stressful, it took the fun completely out of the contest.

I'll never fish in a tournament again. I enjoy fishing too much to worry about all that nonsense.

Matt

26-Jun-19
Absolutely shocked. Who’d a thunk someone would actually cheat in the fishing/hunting world.

26-Jun-19
I just hate when these tournament guy's tip the scales... bunch of suckers.

26-Jun-19
Link, I hunted in dozens of varmint hunting competitions back in the late 70's/early 80's, and there were cheaters back then, even though there was no prize other than the honor of winning. I took my hunting serious, but not that serious.

26-Jun-19
My brother won a BASS event in a neighboring state by having largest bass. This was pre-internet days. Way, way back. He won a boat and some cash. That upset the organizers trying to create superstars they could promote to casual and non-fans. The film crew was there at the tourney and later when the television episode aired you only saw one shot of my brothers Converse shoes plus a quick screen shot of the big fish leaderboard showing the names/weights. The next year BASS changed the rules so an entrant had to fish in a minimum number of events each year in order to win a prize. Still, over 3 decades later and no BASS superstars to market to casual fans. I can't tell you any name of someone who won any BASS event in the past decade. Unlike freakish whitetail deer coming into feeders, jaw-dropping bass can be hard to find and catch.

26-Jun-19
I'll never understand making fishing and/or hunting a competition but I guess I am blessed to be decent at real sports. The little league right fielder has to prove hisself good at something I suppose.

26-Jun-19
I have been doing a Fishing for Freedom tournament for 9 years now and taking a solder out for their 1st time. It is a blast, and no money involved so no cheating.

27-Jun-19
wilbur summed it up well. lol

27-Jun-19
There are cheaters in every sport/competition I've ever seen even if the only thing on the line is bragging rights. My Father in law is big into draft horse pulling competitions and that is about the cheatingest bunch of guys you'll ever come across. Seems like a solid 25% of people everywhere will cross a line or cut a corner to win.

27-Jun-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
GF........GET OFF MY FOOD PLOT!!!!

• Sitka Gear