Buglmin 26-Jun-19
Dale06 26-Jun-19
Dale06 26-Jun-19
backcountrymuzzy 26-Jun-19
Nick Muche 26-Jun-19
Greg S 27-Jun-19
COHOYTHUNTER 27-Jun-19
26-Jun-19
I had a bunch of Walmart credit after a return and decided to pick up a pack of 125 grain Solid Legend broadheads made of S30V. They look great were very sharp out of the box but I am wondering if anyone has any real world experience with them? They appear to be pretty thick, but there is a lot of empty space which worries me that the blade could break. I will not hesitate to use them on deer, but has anyone here ever shot one at an elk?

26-Jun-19
I think Nick Muche used them a few years ago and had some luck with them. He may still not sure cool looking heads though for sure.

26-Jun-19
I bet they whistle real good!

26-Jun-19
I can't believe Walmart had Solid broadheads... Solid makes a great head, strong and they fly great. You'll need to make sure your bow is tuned or they'll plane on you. Lots of game have been taken with a Solid Legend heads, and you don't hear of the breaking. And as for whistling, I think feathers make more noise then the Solid broadheads do. I used to shoot them a lot before shooting Kudu's.

26-Jun-19
Shot one deer with them several years ago. I was using feather fletch. Deer never heard it coming as far as I could tell. Thirty yard run and watched it go down. And complete pass through.

26-Jun-19
Shot one deer with them several years ago. I was using feather fletch. Deer never heard it coming as far as I could tell. Thirty yard run and watched it go down. And complete pass through.

26-Jun-19
Awesome, I haven't had the chance to shoot them yet but if they fly well, they will definitely be in the quiver this fall. I just need to make sure I don't get caught up in the moment and accidentally shoot one at a grouse!

26-Jun-19
Great head, just too expensive for me. Killed a bunch of stuff with them but have moved on to less costly options, of which there are many.

27-Jun-19
Shot a musk ox with the 125gr. Passed through so far I couldn’t find it. Ox went about 20 yards spun two circles and flopped. Killed caribou on same hunt with 100gr. Blew up two 100grs on elk in one season. First one hit near side shoulder and head disentegrated and arrow bounced back. Bull ran off and survived until my friend found it during rifle season and got it. Second elk it was a double lung pass through but angled forward and hit the inside of off shoulder and shattered the head. Elk went two steps and tumbled. Next elk went 40 yards and when It rolled The insert tore out of the arrow and couldn’t find head. Was pushing them on FMJ Easton Injexions which seemed to carry lots of momentum...more than the heads could take unless it was a perfect hit. I have some left and am considering trying them on bison this winter in MT, but will add an Iron Will footer to some heavy carbon Injexions if I do.

27-Jun-19
I shot them for years, decided to try something new last year and now this year going back to Solids, they fly really good for me, even better than slick tricks. I will use these until they are lost or damaged beyond repair, then probably look at iron wills. The animals I killed with solids, the broadhead performed great pass thrus and devastation.

• Sitka Gear