Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Mike Castillo 27-Jun-19
70lbdraw 27-Jun-19
trophyhill 27-Jun-19
elkstabber 27-Jun-19
Ace 27-Jun-19
27-Jun-19
Hey guys, I need some advice. I am looking to put together a month long elk hunting adventure next year (something I have always wanted to do). I have enough points in AZ to draw a mid tier unit, and will probably hire an outfitter for that hunt, but maybe not. I want to find another hunt for the first part of September, and the first hunt in New Mexico would be ideal...I have been looking at different units and ones that I would have a good chance of drawing for the first hunt, and obviously the outfitter pool gives you better odds. I have seen where some outfitters offer a service whereby you contract with them and are then in the outfitter pool, but only have a guide for 2 days or so. This would be great. Does anybody have any experiences with this or any reputable outfitters that do this that I should contact.

Thanks! Mike

27-Jun-19
Many years ago I hunted with Milligan Brand Outfitters in Chama NM. (Unit 51 or 52 I believe. Dont quote me.)The guides name was Adam Talamonte. At the time they were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable, and they put me on a big cow which I harvested. Might be a good place to start. Hes been in the biz for many many years. At the very least he may point you in the right direction.

27-Jun-19
If you hire Milligan Brand, ask for Ralph or Melvin. Great guys, guides and if you don't kill will be because you missed ;)

27-Jun-19
Hey Mike. NM isn't your only option. I sent you a text.

27-Jun-19

Ace's Link
Mike, I'd suggest that you speak with Bob Atwood at Blue Mountain Outfitters in NM. Great Guy, small outfit, you'll like him I'm sure. His website is at the link.

Tell him I sent you. Good luck.

• Sitka Gear