Native Okie 01-Jul-19
nvgoat 01-Jul-19
Outdoorsdude 01-Jul-19
elkmtngear 01-Jul-19
BOWNUT 01-Jul-19
BULELK1 02-Jul-19
28-Jun-19
Hey there----->

I've been getting my chit ready for Elk Camp and got kinda rush when I came across my Camp Target.

I shoot only Broadheads during my practice sessions so I need a target that is good to go with Broadheads, of course a straight pull out is more forgiving than just grabbing and pulling out.

I've modified this target with the Head add on...…

It's a bit pricey and a bit bulky/heavy but it has been great. I do turn it around for shooting.

I always was a Block guy for years.

Good luck, Robb

28-Jun-19
Dreaded 500 error when trying to post a pic...….

28-Jun-19
Make sure it's a jpg file Robb.

28-Jun-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

28-Jun-19
Good to know my friend!

Let's see some Camp Targets fella's.....

Thanks~~Robb

28-Jun-19
I like it!

28-Jun-19
That'll work! Those 3d are very helpful for judging distance. Especially a guy that's never hunted elk. I like it.

28-Jun-19
The first year I ever elk hunted, my local club loaned me their McKenzie bull elk target for a month prior to the hunt. Practiced every day out to fifty yards. Seven days into the hunt, the real deal gift wrapped a seventeen yard broadside shot opportunity. Still, practicing for a month using a life size elk target was definitely time well spent!

28-Jun-19

Lovehunt11 's embedded Photo
Lovehunt11 's embedded Photo

29-Jun-19
I agree, the more realistic to the species a guy is bow hunting, the less uncertainty he may have when the real animal comes into his comfort zone distance to let an arrow fly.

What is the theory behind that Pyramid style target? Interesting look.

Good luck, Robb

29-Jun-19
I have the Rinehart pyramid target and it works well for a camp target that doesn't take up much space. Brought it on my drop camp goat hunt in Nevada as well.

I much prefer a more realistic species specific target when I have the room. Who makes that elk target body?

29-Jun-19
Renehart is realistic, convenient for elk camp target.

30-Jun-19

BULELK1's Link
Here is the link fella's.

Plenty to choose from that is for sure.

Good luck, Robb

01-Jul-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I used this lil Riverbottom Buck for a few years and it worked great but sometimes I would have the broadhead and some arrow length pass thru and it was a Beotch to remove.

Good luck, Robb

01-Jul-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

01-Jul-19
I picked up a Matrix target this spring. So far, really impressed.

01-Jul-19
Agree with the Matrix target. I have had one for over 3 years. Very durable and best design ever. Just rotate the middle section to the edge when it gets shot out. Can also buy individual section for around $45. It is a bit heavy to move around all the time but they came out with a smaller one which is more mobile.

01-Jul-19
LOL, you guys... After you kill a plastic water bottle, fill it with creek water, stand it on it's cap-- then pop it with the Zwickey at odd yardage.

01-Jul-19
You've got me thinking, Robb...I'm gonna make something...

01-Jul-19
18 in 1 on sale at Camofire.

02-Jul-19

BULELK1's Link
I've found combining the Yo Buddy with a heads Up Decoy makes for a dang good realistic target.

I think Reinhart has that new 1/3 size Full body Bull Elk decoy but it would be kind not space saving for hauling to Elk Camp as a portable target.....

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear