Starfire 28-Jun-19
Starfire 29-Jun-19
fubar racin 29-Jun-19
Starfire 30-Jun-19
fubar racin 30-Jun-19
wyobullshooter 30-Jun-19
patience2spare 01-Jul-19
28-Jun-19
How does it compare to the S-coil. Just looking for a short light shock absorber. I don't really need a stabilizer or anymore weight on my Vertix but I figure since my sight sticks out from the riser I could put a small light stabilizer and maintain the profile.

29-Jun-19
And yet it has a 4.7 rating on BassPro. Must be pretty bad.

29-Jun-19

fubar racin's embedded Photo
fubar racin's embedded Photo
Reviews don’t always mean a ton.

30-Jun-19
"might be a decent dampener" which if you read my post is just what I was looking for.

30-Jun-19
Ok so all joking aside man you would probably be better off without it. It may help a little but that bows pretty darn good without and it’s just one more thing ya know what I mean? If you don’t want or need a full size stab I’d go without just my personal opinion.

30-Jun-19
Agree with fubar. With all the technology built into today’s bows, they’re pretty much as quiet/vibration free as you’re going to get anyway, providing you’re shooting an arrow of reasonable weight.

If you’re not looking for the benefit a true stabilizer provides, I wouldn’t bother.

01-Jul-19
I will be voice of dissension and say that I think even a short stab is better than none.

If your looking for dampening effect, that x-factor looks pretty minimal and stiff. You compared to the S-coil - which is quite pliable and absorbs vibration very well. Also, at ~$7 I would be skeptical of the x-factor's effectiveness/material quality. Why spend what you did on your Vertix and then skimp so far on a short stab/dampener?

Another plus for even a short stab is it's ability to lock in a wrist sling. In my opinion, your pin(s) will settle more quickly and you will shoot better with even a short stab out front. Pete

• Sitka Gear