fubar racin 29-Jun-19
JTV 29-Jun-19
Starfire 30-Jun-19
fubar racin 30-Jun-19
wyobullshooter 30-Jun-19
JTV 30-Jun-19
patience2spare 01-Jul-19
28-Jun-19
How does it compare to the S-coil. Just looking for a short light shock absorber. I don't really need a stabilizer or anymore weight on my Vertix but I figure since my sight sticks out from the riser I could put a small light stabilizer and maintain the profile.

28-Jun-19
I'm a BeeStinger fan, just put a 15" Sport Hunter Counterslide on my Ally, 8" out front w/2 oz and 7" out the back w/ 3oz., balances much better, allows the pin to settle, offsets the weight of the sight, bow balances much better, I always take the quiver off ...I was looking at the Micro Hex Counter Slide, but I didnt want to drop that much $$ ... as for what you mention, never used it ... my previous was a 10" Beestinger Max I used on the Ally .... never been a fan of the shortys ...

29-Jun-19
And yet it has a 4.7 rating on BassPro. Must be pretty bad.

29-Jun-19
LOL .... some of those weekend warriors/nimrods that shop and work there wouldnt know what a "good" stabilizer is, let alone know what one is actually for and how a good one can enhance their accuracy ... it may be a decent dampner, but just because some gave it a rating on a Basspro site dosnt impress me one bit ... the only way you'll know is by shooting one

29-Jun-19

fubar racin's embedded Photo
fubar racin's embedded Photo
Reviews don’t always mean a ton.

29-Jun-19
DeerView Mirror® Item # WX2-110825 / Mfg. Number: DEERVIEW / UPC: 855981000002 4.6 out of 5 star rating (23 reviews)

'nough said !!

30-Jun-19
"might be a decent dampener" which if you read my post is just what I was looking for.

30-Jun-19
Ok so all joking aside man you would probably be better off without it. It may help a little but that bows pretty darn good without and it’s just one more thing ya know what I mean? If you don’t want or need a full size stab I’d go without just my personal opinion.

30-Jun-19
Agree with fubar. With all the technology built into today’s bows, they’re pretty much as quiet/vibration free as you’re going to get anyway, providing you’re shooting an arrow of reasonable weight.

If you’re not looking for the benefit a true stabilizer provides, I wouldn’t bother.

30-Jun-19
I learned the advantages of a good stabilizer long a go when competing, same for my hunting .... a good stab. will enhance accuracy while dampening vibrations ...I am really liking the Bee Stinger Counter Slide (15"), it balances the bow perfectly and my groups are more consistent .... I like the back bar/sliding design and get the benefits of a back bar without having to worry about one getting knocked out of whack while hunting .... with so many designs and companies out there, you can find one that suits your needs ... the shortys dont do much of squat, yea they may dampen some, but other than that, they dont impress me one bit ....

01-Jul-19
I will be voice of dissension and say that I think even a short stab is better than none.

If your looking for dampening effect, that x-factor looks pretty minimal and stiff. You compared to the S-coil - which is quite pliable and absorbs vibration very well. Also, at ~$7 I would be skeptical of the x-factor's effectiveness/material quality. Why spend what you did on your Vertix and then skimp so far on a short stab/dampener?

Another plus for even a short stab is it's ability to lock in a wrist sling. In my opinion, your pin(s) will settle more quickly and you will shoot better with even a short stab out front. Pete

• Sitka Gear