sir misalots 28-Jun-19
longbeard 28-Jun-19
SaltyB 28-Jun-19
Franklin 28-Jun-19
Bou'bound 29-Jun-19
LBshooter 29-Jun-19
Paul@thefort 29-Jun-19
28-Jun-19
anyone paint theirs? Mine is brown but most deer are gray by fall. Just wondering what paint to use.

28-Jun-19
I would be more worried about the scent that is given off by the paint rather than the minor difference in color

28-Jun-19
I painted mine with rustoleum plastic paint. Did an overspray with different colors to mimic the coat. Made the whites brighter too. Then I replaced the eyes with taxidermy eyes. Really made a difference for committal. Biggest thing that helped was a tail wagger. That's a must.

28-Jun-19
I tanned a lifesize deer skin for a guy that was going to cover his decoy with it. I used a synthetic tan incase he used it in foul weather.

Some people take their decoying seriously....hard core.

29-Jun-19
paint scent wears off

29-Jun-19
I painted mine brown and it's been fine, deer are color blind. Paint them early and leave them outside to get rid of the smell. A couple months is the weather takes car of any odor. Wash with scent free soap or baking soda and place in woods and shoot deer, hopefully lol.

29-Jun-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I have not repainted this decoy in the past 25 I have had it. Yes, a touch up here and there. I did add more white paint around the face, eyes and belly. Even in the Fall, a wt deer's coat can be various shades and I do not think if it is brown, tan, or gray, it matters.

• Sitka Gear