Grey Ghost 30-Jun-19
Robear 30-Jun-19
herdbulll 01-Jul-19
Treeline 01-Jul-19
MQQSE 01-Jul-19
CBFROMND 01-Jul-19
MQQSE 01-Jul-19
30-Jun-19
A very good friend of mine drew an elk tag in 22 over near Rawlins. Since it takes max points to draw there aren’t that many people with experience in that area.

Can anyone help us get started zeroing in on some spots? Thanks

30-Jun-19
There are elk in the sage flats around that mountain. You will also want to get access from some of the landowners to more easily access the mountain. Landowners frequently give permission. Call the state office in Casper and I think they can give you some names of people to contact.

Good luck

30-Jun-19
I was in Rawlins last week looked more like an antelope area south of there looked like elk

30-Jun-19
I have no direct experience, but I've heard hunters talk about the Ferris Mountains as the place to hunt in 22. Rough terrain, and not great trophy potential, but a lot of elk and very little pressure. Sounds like a fun hunt.

Matt

30-Jun-19
I can help you. PM sent.

01-Jul-19
I am surprised to hear that the trophy potential is not that great. The draw odds are very low for sure. It sure looks like rough terrain from what I have seen. Lee

01-Jul-19
This unit made my top 4 choices when I had a Commissioner's tag several years back. Should be an excellent archery hunt for a guy that is in shape for sure! There are good bulls there.

01-Jul-19
I drew it a few years ago and ended up only hunting for a few days due to other tags I had that year. Wish I didn’t blow my points that year and could have enjoyed it more than I did.

01-Jul-19
Does this unit cover the area around Jeffery City? drew goat tags out there last fall and we stayed at a small motel in Jeffery City.. Looks a bit shaky from the outside but rooms were nice and clean.. people were very nice.. most camp I realize and I usually do as well but if you are looking for a place in that country I thought I would add this. Very remote out in that area.

01-Jul-19
South of JC is elk unit 24. 22 is east of Muddy Gap.

• Sitka Gear