sticksender 02-Jul-19
milnrick 02-Jul-19
JTreeman 02-Jul-19
Russell 02-Jul-19
Bustalung 03-Jul-19
oake 03-Jul-19
JTreeman 03-Jul-19
01-Jul-19
Last year I just flew with my PoS Plano, but this year I'm going to have a pistol in there so I need a bow case that I can fly with and has holes for padlocks so I can put my pistol in it. I'd prefer a case that has slots for arrows as well.

01-Jul-19
SKB all the way. I’d put a locked pistol case inside the locked bow case. Flying with a pistol is pretty straightforward, most of the time. Ran into an agent that tried to pry my gun case open and made me come up with a box to put the ammo in. She was trying to be a pain.

01-Jul-19
SKB

01-Jul-19

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
SKB i-Series. I’m confident you will not regret it. This one has been on a bunch of flights with bows, rifles, muzzleloaders and pistols and I have yet to have an issue.

01-Jul-19
SKB i-series double- bow case

Or a Tuff Box case

01-Jul-19
Skb for me also

02-Jul-19
I just switched from a SKB to a Legend Everest and really like it so far. You could put a lockable pistol case in one of the internal pockets. It has an arrow tube and can hold two bows.

02-Jul-19
Why not use something more practical? I've been using a Legend rolling duffel. It is specifically made to carry a bow, arrows, and lots of other gear. By combining your bow and other gear all in one bag you will save $$ in baggage fees. Your pistol can go in its own (lockable) hard case within the rolling duffel. This saves $$ by minimizing the number of bags.

02-Jul-19
SKB series I .. like the one Zib shows + it floats when loaded

02-Jul-19
I prefer a rolling duffle (Badlands) for the anonymity. But if I really needed security, I'd reluctantly use my SKB. The main drawback is they're super heavy....the double case weighs about 25# empty.

02-Jul-19
SKB for our bows, and some of our clothing and support gear (rolling duffel for the rest).

Saw the BRONC bow case at ATA this winter and was impressed, but size and weight take it out-of-play for air travel.

02-Jul-19

JTreeman's embedded Photo
Everest 40’s ready to go
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Everest 40’s ready to go
I’m on the rolling duffle band wagon (and have been for years). I own a couple of those Everest 40’s (among others). I think it’s the best way to go personally. I still prefer the badlands to all others, but can’t get them and I would consider the Everest a decent second choice. The pic is both of mine loaded with bows and everything for 2 weeks in Australia.

If I was gonna buy a hard case I don’t know why you would look at anything other than SKB. I can’t recommend a specific model though.

—Jim

02-Jul-19

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
This one is nearly indestructible.

03-Jul-19
Does anyone have a Sitka Nomad? I'm in the market for a new bow case also and want the duffle type.

03-Jul-19
Ike,

I currently use a Plano that is lockable, but I've been looking more at the ENKI case. Probably put it on the xmas list this year.

03-Jul-19
I have the Sitka, it’s my least favorite. I prefer both the Badlands and the Legend cases.

—Jim

• Sitka Gear