skookumjt 02-Jul-19
Big Nine 02-Jul-19
dm/wolfskin 02-Jul-19
skookumjt 02-Jul-19
Ollie 02-Jul-19
BullBuster 02-Jul-19
Shortstop 03-Jul-19
02-Jul-19
I have about a 1/4 acre of clover, this is the second season. It’s doing ok but it also has grass in it.

Can I spray Gly on it?

What’s the ideal (temp, rain forecasted, etc...) conditions to spray Gly on it?

02-Jul-19
No. Glyphosate is a non selective herbicide intended to kill all vegetation. People who advocate using weak solutions of glyphosate on clover or other vegetation are promoting herbicide resistant weeds. Find the right chemical to treat whatever you are trying to get rid of.

02-Jul-19
Do not use Gly on clover. If you catch it early grass can easily be controlled with Clethodim 2e with crop oil. We have good luck spraying early in the morning as the dew is drying off.

02-Jul-19
Most clover has a slight resistance to roundup. So does Alfalfa. The clover will turn yellow but most grow out of it. There is herbicides for grass in clover.

02-Jul-19
Herbicides should be used after the dew has dried.

02-Jul-19
Imox is another option for clover that is gaining in popularity. It will kill many grass and broadleaf weeds.

02-Jul-19
As mentioned, Clethodium is good for a grass in clover early on. I have NOT had luck with spraying mature grasses in clover. Some will advocate mowing and then spraying it one week later, but I still haven’t had success with that technique. Just mowing at this point to control in my experience.

03-Jul-19
Give it time. Clover might crowd out the grass...eventually.

• Sitka Gear