drycreek 20-Nov-19
Rgiesey 20-Nov-19
bowhunter24 20-Nov-19
Scar Finga 21-Nov-19
BIG BEAR 21-Nov-19
Brotsky 21-Nov-19
03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Getting zeroed in with her new rifle. Notice the Ruger .17 that Ruger gave to us so she could shoot many shots on the same platform without the kick. Leupold also gave us a scope exactly like her new custom scope.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Getting zeroed in with her new rifle. Notice the Ruger .17 that Ruger gave to us so she could shoot many shots on the same platform without the kick. Leupold also gave us a scope exactly like her new custom scope.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Nailing it!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Nailing it!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Some of the crew supporting and cheering her on during target practice!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Some of the crew supporting and cheering her on during target practice!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Ice Cream...…..OH YEAH!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Ice Cream...…..OH YEAH!
Hello Bowsite friends, I have been on Bowsite I think pretty much since Pat started it. I remember many of us praying for Morgan as she battled like a warrior. I shared many private messages of encouragement with Kelly Harris. To hear of his passing was sad, but I also know we have an amazing creator and forever is promised to me because I love the LORD. I was asked to share a bit about our most recent "Hunting Dreams" hunt as the K114 knife for Morgan was a part of it. RIP Mr. Kelly, I was honored to be a part of this special projects journey.

So what is this thread about? "Hunting Dreams" was created by me through the kids hunting camp I founded/direct 18 years ago here in Idaho. Over 4,000 kids have been through our camp. "Hunting Dreams" right now is a Bear hunt each spring and an Elk hunt each fall for a child who has suffered/suffering a life threatening illness. All expenses paid. New Rifle, New Custom Scope, New Bino's, Clothes, Pack, Food, Travel, Meat processing and Taxidermy. (YES they are rifle hunts, don't like that then feel free to leave this thread). Sorry I have zero tolerance of the elitist attitude and these kids are worth better.

We took Bailey to the gun range to get her comfortable with her new rifle weeks before the hunt. We plug into these kids lives and show them as much LOVE as we can. She even earned some Ice Cream.

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
New boots and gloves, thanks Boise, Id. Cabela's!!!! I told her she had a future as a "Hand" model...LOL
Mt. man's embedded Photo
New boots and gloves, thanks Boise, Id. Cabela's!!!! I told her she had a future as a "Hand" model...LOL
Mt. man's embedded Photo
New Coat! (Hi Mrs. Mt. Man in the blue Shirt)
Mt. man's embedded Photo
New Coat! (Hi Mrs. Mt. Man in the blue Shirt)
Mt. man's embedded Photo
New Pack
Mt. man's embedded Photo
New Pack
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Sheesh, the thanks I get for spoiling this girl. Kidding I love this little lady.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Sheesh, the thanks I get for spoiling this girl. Kidding I love this little lady.
It's the day before the hunt. "Hunting Dreams" gives the kids a ton of goodies on these hunts. Then the local Cabela's Manager allows us to bring the kids in and does a shopping spree with the kids giving them new Boots, Pants, Base Layer, Gloves, Pack and Coat. Pretty awesome to see these special kids get blessed like this!

03-Jul-19
God bless you... GOOD STUFF.

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Dinner at Red Robin!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Dinner at Red Robin!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
The little turd made me cry when she presented me with a little wooden bear she hand made as a thank you for helping make this trip happen.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
The little turd made me cry when she presented me with a little wooden bear she hand made as a thank you for helping make this trip happen.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
ICE CREAM!!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
ICE CREAM!!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
She is starting to plant roots into our hearts! Little cutie!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
She is starting to plant roots into our hearts! Little cutie!
After Cabela's the girl needs to eat. So we treat the family and some of the crew to dinner. Tonight it was Red Robin. I gave little Bailey the choice of dessert and for some reason she chose Cold Stone Ice Cream. (She really likes Ice Cream) Of course my wife Kami was not complaining as Cold Stone is her Favorite!

03-Jul-19
Please let Bailey know we are all pulling for her. What a great smile! Scott, this is a incredible selfless act, Thank you for all you do. Best to you and your family

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Bailey and K114...………….looks too clean don't you think?
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Bailey and K114...………….looks too clean don't you think?
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Me and Bailey with K114
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Me and Bailey with K114
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Bailey and I wanted to tell Morgan, "Always Smile"! Hopefully this one brings you a smile!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Bailey and I wanted to tell Morgan, "Always Smile"! Hopefully this one brings you a smile!
We made it to camp!! Yahoo things are all set up! I show Bailey "K114" then explain the story to her and the outfitters. Her Parents and I sat around and said a prayer for Morgan. Then we got a few pic's of Bailey and K114 with the hope in the next few days we would be able to get it a bit bloody! We will be in the stand tomorrow, well I won't as I am headed back to town as my wife has treatments. (recently diagnosed with breast cancer). It's crazy I have been doing fundraisers for the local children's hospital for 20 years and these type of hunts for 11 years. I have been around many families fighting or fought cancer and now it's reared it's ugly head right under my roof. Sorry this thread is not about me. I was bummed to head back to town, but I left Bailey and her family in good hands with Sawtooth Wilderness Outfitters.

03-Jul-19
What a great thread. And really makes the whole K114 story more valuable.

03-Jul-19
Yes it is and yes it does Jay!!!! Kelly's dad was very happy to have Bailey use "The Knife" for her hunt! Kelly would have loved it as well!!

Bailey is Awesome, and cute as a button!!! I can't wait to read the rest of her adventure!

Mr. and Ms. Mountain Man are very good people doing a very wonderful thing! Stay Faithful, Stay Strong and Stay In Prayer Scott and Kami, and you are definitely in our prayers!! God Bless Brothers and Sisters!

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
The pool was a hit at the lodge. Geothermal and usually floating around the 98 degrees mark. Very inviting.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
The pool was a hit at the lodge. Geothermal and usually floating around the 98 degrees mark. Very inviting.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Sporting her new outfit thanks to Cabela's. Heading out for night #1 and her 1st ever Bear sighting in the wild.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Sporting her new outfit thanks to Cabela's. Heading out for night #1 and her 1st ever Bear sighting in the wild.
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Little Huntress with her new Ruger American 6.5 and her custom made scope thanks to the Leupold custom shop. Amazing sponsors!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Little Huntress with her new Ruger American 6.5 and her custom made scope thanks to the Leupold custom shop. Amazing sponsors!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
I don't know how she will ever see anything hanging out in the stand like this! LOL
Mt. man's embedded Photo
I don't know how she will ever see anything hanging out in the stand like this! LOL
First night in the stand. Bailey was asleep in her chair after an hour of "Boredom" set in on her little 10 yr. old brain. About 8:30pm the guide woke her up softly with the words "There is a bear coming down the far ridge." Bailey got up and ready and then it happened. A nice black bear stepped out on the ridge about 150 yds. away. This bear was very cautious monitoring each step as he meandered towards the bait. Just as the bear reached the bait he looked off into the next canyon and disappeared over the ridge. The guide said it happened so fast there was no chance of a shot. He is pretty sure on camera earlier in the day was a sow and he was betting this boar caught her scent and was in pursuit mode immediately. On Tues. the guide saddled up some horses during the day and Bailey was in Heaven as he took them on a 8 mile backcountry trail ride. There was also some good daytime soaks in the geothermal pool. Then back to the bait. The 2nd night was cloudy and rainy with no bear sightings. The cool day was soothed with smores around the campfire.

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Guns up! Confidence is back and ready to tackle any bear that comes close!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Guns up! Confidence is back and ready to tackle any bear that comes close!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Let's do this!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Let's do this!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Settled in and READY! Wait...…….What was that sound, don't move!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Settled in and READY! Wait...…….What was that sound, don't move!!!
Hunt #3 on Wed. evening. WOW what a night and guess who showed up back at camp. Yahoo I am back in camp. Tonight little Bailey took a little spill on the way into the stand. It wasn't until the next morning would a ding in her new fancy scope would be discovered. Anyhow tonight Bailey got the full show and the full gamete of emotions that hunters go thru. She had 4 bears come into the bait tonight. Bear #1 was a 100# dink and the guide told her to hold out. #2 was much better and Bailey settled in and squeezed but the guide and review of the camera clearly showed a hit in the dirt about 2" above it's back. #3 came in about an hour later and Bailey was a ball of nerves by now. Again she squeezed and again dirt about 2" above it's back. DARN IT!!!! Just as the guide was debating going over to make sure there was no blood bear #4 came in but since the guide wasn't positive about the 2nd shot yet he made her hold out. They came back to camp, I got a big hug when she knew "Uncle Scott" was back in camp. We put the footage on a laptop and could clearly see #2 was a clean miss. Bailey was a very upset little girl. Her and I took a walk in the dark. I explained that missing is part of hunting and not to get down on herself. She wanted to quit, but I dropped to my knees and we began to pray. I prayed for strength, I prayed for her and I prayed for encouragement that only our Father above can deliver. The next morning she came to me and asked if we could go shoot her gun, then she told me about dropping the gun when she fell the night before. This is when I saw the ding on the side of the scope. We put it in a lead sled and sure enough about 7" high, we adjusted to dead center. Bailey shoots 5 shots and has a group the size of a quarter touching top center. She's good to go and her confidence is back. Thank you Lord!

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
BEAR DOWN!!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
BEAR DOWN!!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Recovery crew!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Recovery crew!
Night #4 After the target practice today her confidence is back and she is ready. Bailey, Dad and Guide had literally just sat down in the blind. Dad didn't even have the video camera on the tripod yet when the guide says "Don't move there is already a bear on the bait." It's barely 6:00pm and sure enough a new bear is on the bait. Bailey get's settled in and this time her Hornady ELDX hit's it's mark. The bear tears off into the brush so they back out and come back to camp. It's a mad rush to grab gear and 5 of us head back in with Bailey. The outfitter has 2 great Karelian Bear Dogs that join us. Bailey is a dog lover so this actually helped her be calm watching the dogs. We looked for a blood trail for about 3 seconds....LOL. When the dogs fired up about 80 yds. from the bait and had found the dead bear. 7:30pm plenty of daylight and time for many pictures. We got to see an amazing transformation on that mountain. At first Bailey didn't want to touch the bear and was upset she killed an animal. Our excitement, praying over the harvest, the dogs licking her, notching her tag with my grandfathers pocket knife and many positive comments and hugs lead to something awesome. Bailey became a huntress, soon she asked to touch the bear, do some cuts with K114, held the leg while skinning and helped put 1/4's in the game bags for sausage. I cannot describe it here in written words but it was a miraculous transformation in that little girl.

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
So proud of this little lady!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
So proud of this little lady!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
SO HAPPY!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
SO HAPPY!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
So many great memories on that mountain!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
So many great memories on that mountain!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
success WAR paint!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
success WAR paint!

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
K114
Mt. man's embedded Photo
K114
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Adding some color to a beautiful piece of art! An amazing knife on and amazing journey!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Adding some color to a beautiful piece of art! An amazing knife on and amazing journey!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
I might be biased boys and girls, but I don't thing K114 ever looked better!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
I might be biased boys and girls, but I don't thing K114 ever looked better!
Bailey warmed up to the fact that she was a successful hunter. So we broke out K114. We are blessed to be a part of this knife's journey. Morgan you will always be in our prayers little lady. PROUD OF YOU!

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Notching her tag!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Notching her tag!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Amazing milestone right here!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Amazing milestone right here!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Our little huntress made the decision to ride back into the lodge parking lot up on the dog boxes howling her success! So FUN!!!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Our little huntress made the decision to ride back into the lodge parking lot up on the dog boxes howling her success! So FUN!!!!!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Special thanks to the Sawtooth Lodge and Sawtooth Wilderness Outfitters for all they did to help this little girl have the trip of her life. "HUNTING DREAMS" (Where God guides, GOD provides.)
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Special thanks to the Sawtooth Lodge and Sawtooth Wilderness Outfitters for all they did to help this little girl have the trip of her life. "HUNTING DREAMS" (Where God guides, GOD provides.)

Mt. man's Link
Bailey notching her tag with my late grandfathers pocket knife is how I have topped off the end of 12 years of doing these hunts. Truly a special moment as I never had a father growing up and my grandfather did his best to teach me about the outdoors. If you want to see more photo's and info about the hunts we do for these kids. Please check us out by clicking the "Hunting Dreams" tab on our website. Thanks Scar Finga for letting me be a part of this journey!

03-Jul-19
Simply an amazing story Scott! Bailey is a very impressive little girl! Thank you for all you do for these kids, no one deserves it more. One of the best stories on Bowsite in quite awhile! God bless!

03-Jul-19
Way to go Scott!

03-Jul-19
Awesome. Forrest

03-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
The amazing Sawtooth mountains in Idaho!
Mt. man's embedded Photo
The amazing Sawtooth mountains in Idaho!
OK I have blown up your Bowsite screens enough. Thanks for letting "Hunting Dreams" and myself be a part of the K114 journey. The success was in much more than a bear harvest. Deep sincere prayers, God's creation in one of the most breathtaking places, great people and a little girl making huge maturity strides as well as the entire family getting a week away to bond and heal as a unit. That is why we do what we do.

Thanks & GOD BLESS Scott "Scooter" McGann Mt. Man

03-Jul-19
Scott/ Bailey,

This is so incredible man, I don't even have the words to describe how happy I am for both of you!! Bailey, You Are AWESOME!!!!! Great Job Kiddo, very well done and a cute little huntress to boot:)

Scott, I can't thank you enough for #1 Taking us along on this excellent journey #2 for an incredible and wonderful introduction to hunting for a very special and beautiful warrior! #3 for taking K114 and the Journal along. I hope you, Kami, the guides and Bailey all signed it, lol!!!!! If not, we will get it back to you so everyone can sign it. #4 Thank you for being a man of honor, integrity, kindness and unwavering generosity!!!

God Bless Bailey, you and Kami as well!

BTW, the knife has never looked better, great pictures!

03-Jul-19
Really nice write up, Scott! Bailey, congratulations and hope life treats you well. Best of luck with the battle you are undertaking within your house too, Scott. Best wishes and prayers for your wife.

03-Jul-19
Amazing story!!!

03-Jul-19
That was the best read on Bowsite in quite awhile. Well done everyone. Prayers and well wishes to everyone.

03-Jul-19
Way to go Mt. man. And praying for your wife! Greg

03-Jul-19
That is awesome Scott. Thanks for sharing that with us! Congrats to Bailey and to you.

03-Jul-19
Wow, wonderful story and a great job by all who were involved.

I really enjoyed following along even though reading it got a little tough with something in my eyes.

03-Jul-19
Thanks Scott for all you do!! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Hunter

03-Jul-19
Absolutely awesome! So happy for that little girl. Scott, thank you for doing what you are for these kids, these things will be remembered for the rest of their lives.

03-Jul-19
Another awesome story on Bowsite! Thanks Scott for bringing it to us and all you do! Bailey your another hero of mine! Kami you will be added to my prayer list as well! Thanks again.

03-Jul-19
Congratulations Bailey! Well done to all. Scott you are an incredible person. Prayers are being sent to you and your family, you will be in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless

03-Jul-19
Great story & pics. Thanks for sharing!

04-Jul-19
Great story we are very lucky to have people like you doing things like this.

04-Jul-19
What a great recap! Congrats to all of you and wishing you the best.

04-Jul-19
The joy you get personally is obvious. Impacting one life at a time is the gift! Carry on.

04-Jul-19
Very awesome story! Fitting for K114!! Way to go Bailey!!!

Scott - best of luck and prayers for your wife and her battle with cancer.

04-Jul-19
10000% awesome! God bless you Scott for what you’re doing! You and your foundation are simply incredible. Is there a way we can help support Hunting Dreams?

04-Jul-19
Great bear young Lady awesome, congrats to all involved.

04-Jul-19
This is what it's all about. Thanks for the post Scott, very inspiring. You are doing it right. Keep up the good works!!

04-Jul-19
Best thread ever! You're a good man Scott.

05-Jul-19

Scar Finga's Link
Guys,

Here is the link for the Dream Hunts, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can donate.

God Bless and give freely!

Scar

05-Jul-19
TTT

05-Jul-19
Thanks all, as Scar said there's a donate button on our website. The K114 is on its way to you Brotsky for it's next adventure!

20-Nov-19

Mt. man's Link
Thought I would share the News story that covered our little Huntresses this year for you to check out.

20-Nov-19
Awesome congrats young lady good shot.

20-Nov-19
I don’t use the word “awesome” much, but it fits here. Just plain AWESOME ! Prayers for your wife, and thanks to you and Hunting Dreams.

20-Nov-19
Great story. Glad to see it out there. Looks like one happy little girl. Thanks! Also praying for your wife.

20-Nov-19
Thanks for the updates prayers are still being sent!

21-Nov-19
Thank you for sharing!!!

Praying daily for a miraculous recovery for your wife!

God Bless Brother!

21-Nov-19
That’s fantastic !!!!

21-Nov-19
That's awesome Scott! Thanks for all you do for these kids! We are also still sending prayers up for your wife!

• Sitka Gear