Bowfreak 03-Jul-19
sticksender 03-Jul-19
Bowfreak 03-Jul-19
sticksender 04-Jul-19
Bowfreak 05-Jul-19
BUCKeye 05-Jul-19
Cheesehead Mike 06-Jul-19
03-Jul-19
Does anyone have this stand? I have pretty much written off climbers as they pack horrible and I sweat like crazy climbing in them, but I am intrigued by this stand. The cost is a little crazy, but other than cost it seems like a nice setup.

I would use this on kamikaze missions for whitetail and sitting over water or wallows while elk hunting.

03-Jul-19
I converted my original LW combo to a flip seat several years ago. Good stand. Packs flat, relatively lightweight, relatively quiet when climbing, and solid/quiet during the sit. Only drawback is the limitation to trees under about 18" diameter. And due to the small contact area with the tree, the base can be a little "tippy" if you're not careful on how & where you secure it to the tree. But you get better with it over time. I use mine almost every day of the season for whitetails. If you spend a lot of time seated while on stand (I don't) you might not like the flat seat.

03-Jul-19
So you are saying that trees over18" are problematic?

03-Jul-19
Anything under 18-19" tree diameter is no problem. The design (length of the belts) doesn't permit you to climb trees bigger than that. I believe they sell longer belts that will gain you a couple or three inches of tree size.

03-Jul-19
Do you prefer the flip top seat?

04-Jul-19
I do prefer it personally. Nice that it's easily adjustable to any angle. Like I said, comfort-wise it's a flat seat with minimal cushioning, but I don't remain seated for hours at a time so the seat comfort is not a big issue.

05-Jul-19
Anyone else?

05-Jul-19
I have with the hunt comfort gel seat pads and love it, but have a big scar on my arm that shows why you shouldn't try to climb too big of a tree with it....think baker slide...

06-Jul-19
I have the LW sit and climb with a Hazmor seat. Comfortable when sitting and pushes completely out of the way when standing or climbing, the best of both worlds. Sit and Climb also packs completely flat and the addition of MOLLE shoulder straps and hip belt makes carrying it a breeze.

• Sitka Gear