Scar Finga 04-Jul-19
lv2bohunt 04-Jul-19
Bowfreak 04-Jul-19
Bou'bound 04-Jul-19
wildwilderness 04-Jul-19
Two Feathers 04-Jul-19
Franklin 04-Jul-19
04-Jul-19
A friend decided to get into archery, went to Cabelas, bought a new bow and they set it up for him. He's a big guy with a 34" draw and his set up leaves him short at full draw. He can't fully extend his bow arm without his anchor coming up short. When he anchors, he has to bend his bow arm so he can reach his anchor point. Can he add length to his D loop (like a couple inches) to allow him to get his bow arm fully extended at full draw?

04-Jul-19
Cabela's is not a archery shop go to a real professional

04-Jul-19
They might be out there, but I am not aware of one bow that has that long of a DL. (I did not look it up)… I say give it a shot and see what happens! Maybe nothing and maybe something! I would also advise that he goes to a "real" archery shop, not BP/ Cabelas!

04-Jul-19
Your friend Can extend a D-Loop a little but not much. You can gain a little more by also using a release with some length adjustment.

04-Jul-19
He can extend his d loop as far as he likes, but his face will never get any closer to the string. So....he could have a comfortable anchor but the peep is a mile in front of his eye.

04-Jul-19
You can do anything but that does not make it a good thing to do.

04-Jul-19
What’s the wing span on your friend? I bet there is a custom way to get a bow with a DL of 34 but that would be a big investment if he doesn’t know how much he likes archery. I’m sure a trad bowyer could make something for less than a custom compound. But having the correct DL and set up is important to his future in archery. Glad you can help a friend out.

04-Jul-19
My friend is 6' 8" tall and his wingspan is 85 inches. I didn't know he was going to buy a bow and get into archery, he just did it on his own last week. He did loosen the release wrist strap and that helped a little. Thanks for the input

04-Jul-19
What is his anchor point that he can`t get to?

A friend just bought a new Hoyt RX from a pro shop and his bow arm is fully extended and his anchor point is his ear lobe. This IMO is not the correct draw length.

I personally have quite a bit of a bend in my elbow....more than most.

• Sitka Gear