Bottomdweller 09-Jul-19
wildwilderness 09-Jul-19
IdyllwildArcher 09-Jul-19
Bottomdweller 09-Jul-19
wildwilderness 09-Jul-19
mpesto 10-Jul-19
wildwilderness 10-Jul-19
09-Jul-19
So I will be elk hunting CO 66 with my brother this year. He has the elk tag. I’m thinking of buying a bear tag.For those of you familiar with the area, what is your take on the bear density? Worth it? For what it’s worth, we are planning on truck camping and hunting from there each day. No wilderness areas for us. Thanks in advance

09-Jul-19
What season is he hunting? Are there OTC Bear tags for you?

This is what will happen- You buy a tag you will not see any bears. if you don't buy a tag you will have to kick bears out of your camp!

09-Jul-19
They reduced the price of the bear tags in CO. It's a no-brainer now. There's tons of bears in CO because of how much they limit the hunting methods/seasons.

09-Jul-19
Archery season. I agree about the $100 being a no brainer. Guess I should’ve included, I’ll be hunting OTC elk for 5 days before we move to 66 so I’m not sure where to get my bear tag. Their are some bears in the OTC area but not thick and it’s difficult enough to kill an elk in 5 days along with a bear..... So I thought I might get a 66 bear tag instead but wasn’t sure which might prove my best option

09-Jul-19
If you want to shoot a bear, then I would say 66, your friend will more likely kill an elk. then sit the gut pile/carcass for a few days till you kill a bear.

10-Jul-19
Is that legal in CO? I'm in the same boat w/a 66 elk tag..

10-Jul-19
It is perfectly legal as long as you don't purposefully move/ relocate the carcass/gut pile to specifically hunt over it. It may take a few days for bears to find it depending on all the factors, but once they do it goes fast. I would cover it to keep the birds off the first day or two.

• Sitka Gear