bigswivle 10-Jul-19
Treeline 10-Jul-19
JL 10-Jul-19
LUNG$HOT 10-Jul-19
Buffalo1 10-Jul-19
WHOCARES 10-Jul-19
itshot 10-Jul-19
09-Jul-19
How’s the weather in Tampa the last week of Sept/first week of Oct? Still hurricane season at that time?

09-Jul-19
Hot, with a good chance of a tropical event!!!! slight chance of a night in the 60s

09-Jul-19
What bigswivie said. I would also add in very humid.

09-Jul-19
What bigswivie said. I would also add in very humid.

09-Jul-19
Yuck..

09-Jul-19
Yeah that’s what I figured. The wife loves tropical weather and wants to possibly take a trip there. In her head fall in Co means perfect in Florida. I tried to tell her we should wait a bit later.

10-Jul-19
Go to an island, the heat and humidity is tolerable with the ocean breezes moderating it. May I suggest Grand Cayman or Jamaica Mon!

10-Jul-19
Late October can be really nice

10-Jul-19
Wow, my favorite time of the year to be in the mountains...

My wife’s slack times are just after ski season in the Spring and just before ski season in the Fall. I am good to go anytime between November and May, but June through October is horrible weather anywhere else and awesome weather in the mountains. I don’t have many issues with going to the HOT places in the spring to warm up after 6 or 8 months of shoveling and plowing snow but you absolutely cannot drag me out of the mountains in the Fall!

Her Fall vacations do not include me....

Don’t think the tarpon fishing is as good down in the Keys in the Fall as in the Spring. If it was, I might consider it... But only after November!

10-Jul-19

JL's Link
At that time of the year this far out, the biggest unknown is tropical activity. Booking a place now for Sept/Oct runs the risk of being affected by late season hurricanes. If ya did book a place, make sure you know their storm cx policies and if they keep your deposit(s) if you cx. If they do full refunds up to a reasonable time, then you could book now and cx if the weather guy shows a storm track in that direction a week or two out. The attached article says Sept is a big hurricane month with most forming in the Gulf.

I just checked the Weatherunderground almanac for Daytona on Oct 1st going back 3 years and the temps mostly stayed between the 70's and low 80's.

10-Jul-19
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. Yeah I hear that Treeline. I’m taking the first half of Sept off to hunt then back in the woods with my son early Nov for a Rifle hunt. So there’s plenty of “me” time. Just thinking about making a long weekend, 4/5 days off to have some much needed time with the wife. Maybe the west coast is better option that time of year as much as I hate Cali... Dam Libs.

10-Jul-19

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
Buffalo1's embedded Photo
Here is the normal long-term trend for hurricanes in the Atlantic/Gulf of Mexico region.

10-Jul-19
Being a widower makes vacation planning easier. Not the chosen route but after 20 years it's a way of life. Any women I meet seem to understand my calendar. My daughters have even almost given up trying to line me up! Almost. I figure at my age why make two of us miserable. I know, I know, bad attitude. But I am livin' the dream...

10-Jul-19
you say the wife likes tropical weather, chances are good the weather will be tropical

i was in vail on a late august day a few years back, saw the first snow of the season...that will not happen here, ever

bunch of other places to go, why tampa?

• Sitka Gear