Contributors to this thread:
Dyjack 11-Jul-19
Buskill 11-Jul-19
Rgiesey 11-Jul-19
Rgiesey 11-Jul-19
badguybuster 12-Jul-19
spike buck 13-Jul-19
11-Jul-19
If you guys who have had success spot and stalking black bears, what's the one tip you'd wish you knew earlier? Besides wind... LOL

11-Jul-19
If cruising the shore and you see a bear , even far away , don’t turn your boat motor on or off. On seems like a no brainer but turning your engine off is about as bad .

11-Jul-19

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
My son has been chasing them up in Juneau for the last two years. Said he wasn’t able to do any good this year till he wore his mountain trash hat.

11-Jul-19
I have heard of guys closing the deal on spring bears by chasing them up trees. Personally I’d make sure they were running away.

12-Jul-19
While not in Alaska....i spot and stalk here in WV. My best advice is to take your time and pay attention. When i first started out i jumped a lot of bear and missed out on some real dandys

13-Jul-19

spike buck's embedded Photo
Bears in Blueberries are more worried about filling their stomachs than hunters...unless they get shot at.

I like to know the layout of the clear cut, rock ridges and where they go and hunt when berries are at their prime. Rock ridges helps you close the deal quick. Usually quiet on the high ridges.

• Sitka Gear