SBH 14-Jul-19
c5ken 22-Jul-19
MichaelArnette 23-Jul-19
MikeSohm/Magnus 23-Jul-19
sir misalots 24-Jul-19
FORESTBOWS 24-Jul-19
Spiral Horn 25-Jul-19
11-Jul-19
So I have shot Muzzy 125s 3 blades for years, but my last pack did not spin well and I heard rumor that they have outsourced production/sold.

So I am looking at my options. My wife and daughter both used Magnus Stinger 2 blades last year. They flew well and did the job on lopes. I am hunting big bulls and looking for options. I need at least 6 prefer a 12 to go with me on the hunt(I never really miss, but I also know crap happens). As such I am looking for an affordable head that flys well.

Any thought?

11-Jul-19
What’s wrong with Magnus? 4 blade 125gr is a great elk head. I killed a nice bull a few years back with one. Broke the onside rib and penetrated through the bull and I never found the arrow.

11-Jul-19
Magnus 4 blade, or black hornet, or Exodous

11-Jul-19
I’ve used Slick Trick Vipertricks the past two seasons, and am extremely impressed.

11-Jul-19
I've shot a ton of heads and yet to have one not fly well. Best I've had fogiveness-wise in a FB is the Iron Will. Accuracy is best I've ever shot, same with the edge. You're paying up front there but should have longevity.

QAD, Slick Tricks, Innerloc, Magnus, Steel Force the list goes on and on. There are a lot of great heads, but on the low sticker price QAD and slick tricks would be towards the top of the list.

11-Jul-19
VPA 3- blade solid head, come in a bunch of weights, easy to sharpen and are tough as nails. Shawn

11-Jul-19
Maguns stingers or buzzcuts

11-Jul-19
I'm sold on Stingers...I'm a 2 blade guy.

Beauty of Magnus, if a head gets broken, bent, or unserviceable...you just drop it in an envelope, and send it in. You'll have a new head in a week.

11-Jul-19
I have a couple extra packs of 125 2 blades if anybody is interested in buying them for a discount. They’re new. Shoot me a pm.

11-Jul-19
For compound, just go with Slick Tricks. Trocar style point and short ferrel means no bent tips or bodies. Easy to find and carry extra blades for.

11-Jul-19
viper tricks, Oz cut ultra 4

11-Jul-19
SlickTrick and Magnus have killed every elk I’ve ever hit right. You can hit an elk in the butt with a hundred dollar bh but it’s still not going to help... hit them in the right place and just about any bh will work.

11-Jul-19
If you are interested in a solid-built BH consider a 3-blade VPA. You will not be having to buy BH’s often.

11-Jul-19
Ramcats for me

11-Jul-19
Another vote for Vipertricks, solid head that's killed a lot of animals for me and blown through some pretty thick bone.

11-Jul-19
Viper trick. Or Slick Trick Magnum. I use 125 grain, which has a beefier ferrule than the 100 (not that I've ever heard anything bad about the 100s)

11-Jul-19
Brad, John is making broadheads again, Musacchia NBS100. 100 grain four bladed heads. Heads look great and spin perfect, blades are extremely sharp, they come assembled. John designed broadheads for Muzzy before leaving the company. If you want to see some, shoot me a pm and I'll get you some pictures.

11-Jul-19
I ordered a set of the black hornets and a set of buzz cut 125s to try.

12-Jul-19
VPA

12-Jul-19
Rob, I went to the Cutthroat broadheads from Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear and am very impressed with how they performed, they fly very well and the single bevel is no joke, it corkscrewed right through my deer and elk. I'm still a big fan of Muzzy, but now that the company that owns rage owns Muzzy I believe the quality has gone down. Give the Cutthroats a try. Best of luck this season!

12-Jul-19
Magnus 4 blade, or black hornet, Or stinger. Pick your poison. All great

12-Jul-19
Magnus Stinger- Only issues I have ever had were bent ferrules (Hitting bones or penetrating my BH target and subsequently hitting my fence at an angle!) after they have accomplished their mission. And they were addressed by sending them into Magnus for warranty replacement. As long as you can find your arrow, your broadhead will be replaced under warranty (Minus shipping cost) If you cannot get them to fly right, your bow is severely mistuned.

12-Jul-19
I think you already own your answer. Magnus makes great heads and really aren't that costly; especially if you factor in the lifetime replacement guarantee. A good quality fixed head is the best broadhead imo.

12-Jul-19
Not much stronger that SOLID STEEL. VPA for years and won't be changing unless they do. Nothing stronger and great pricing.

13-Jul-19
Agree with the VPAs. I like the three blade heads like this. Lancaster has them for a good price. I also like the NAP Hellrazors and Magnus Stinger 4 blades.

14-Jul-19
What is your definition of affordable?

22-Jul-19
You will not be unhappy with Viper tricks...

23-Jul-19
VPA

23-Jul-19

MikeSohm/Magnus's embedded Photo
MikeSohm/Magnus's embedded Photo
Our broadheads have taken a lot of elk and moose and big african game. Our lifetime replacment guarantee covers everything but loss, you damage one, email us a picture with your name and address and we replace. Also if you mess up resharpening our broadheads send it to us and we replace. We will always take care of you. Just remember no broadhead regardless of cost is indestructible, its just not possible, when you have a projectile flying over 300 feet per second when it hits something extremely hard something is going to give way. Thank you to all who use our broadheads and have a good and safe bowhunt.

24-Jul-19
Magnus very sharp. wish they still made the trad line of heads Loved them

24-Jul-19
Vortex

25-Jul-19
Been using QAD Exodus since they first came out - fly well, great cut, fantastic penetration. Have taken many different species and all have been impressed. I’m still not looking to switch anytime soon,

• Sitka Gear