wildwilderness 12-Jul-19
Rut Nut 12-Jul-19
SD BuckBuster 12-Jul-19
Brotsky 12-Jul-19
Vonfoust 12-Jul-19
hdaman 12-Jul-19
Dale06 12-Jul-19
12-Jul-19
What qualifies in your mind as world class? is it an absolute number in relation to the world record, i.e top 10? is is a certain percentile, i.e 90th percentile. any BC level trophy, etc. This is about specimen rarity and uniqueness relative to the norm.

12-Jul-19
Anything that is exceptionally big for the area it was killed in. Whitetails anything that is typical and over 180"s and NT over 200"s. Shawn

12-Jul-19
I give weight to the circumstances of pursuit...a 360” bull (B&C minimum) taken with a $20K Deseret tag holds little sway with me, it’s an exercise in your pocket book, not your merit. That same bull taken on an OTC tag is an entirely different level of difficulty that commands my respect. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with land owner tags, but you gotta take into account the circumstances. Public land B&C with a bow is pretty impressive to me and a very high bar to clear. Perhaps not “World Class”, but knocking on the door in my opinion.

12-Jul-19
What it is and how I killed it. I like big horns. I will shoot them quicker no doubt. But, the horns don’t define the trophy. It’s the hunt, the people I’m with, etc... that do that.

12-Jul-19
The size of the smile.

12-Jul-19
+1 Brotsky

12-Jul-19
The definition of world-class is being of the highest caliber in the world and I’ve never really thought of it differently.

In hunting and animals anything scoring B&C I’d prob say is world class.

Doesn’t mean I need a world class animal to have world class experiences or world class smiles though

12-Jul-19
To me..... A world class animal has nothing to do with how it was harvested. A deer could get hit by a car and killed and be considered a world class buck.

I think B&C minimums are a fair starting point in my mind to be considered world class. P&Y minimum animals are fairly common. B&C not so much.

12-Jul-19
If referring to dead animals, I don't think "world class" has anything to do with the hunter or how or where an animal was killed. In the context of antlers of dead animals, "world class" means "among the best in the world". How you define "best in the world" would be determined by whatever scoring system you believe in.

12-Jul-19
World Class is defined by the overall experience and how you feel about your adventure.

Really has nothing to do with the size of the critter or the head gear they wear.

You can have a world class outing without shooting anything.

12-Jul-19
World Class in my mind refers to how long it takes from field to freezer. The less the time it takes me the closer it is to "world class"..

12-Jul-19
Yes sir South Farm

12-Jul-19
Brotsky is a world class bullshitter. I think everyone could agree on that.

12-Jul-19
"World class" to me is anything that makes you feel like there's no where else you'd rather be at that moment in time. It has nothing to do with dead animals, or inches of antlers. It's all about experiences that leave you completely happy, satisfied, and content.

Matt

12-Jul-19
last year offshore fishing found a big mat of sargasso weed with a palm tree floating along with it & cought 2 blue marlin 1 white marlin 17 big gaffer mahi & a bunch of trigger fish. this happened off the VA coast & was absolutely a world class day of fishing

12-Jul-19
Brotsky is not in TBM’s or Bowriter’s league, but certainly in the next tier! Probably from all the specialized training he does. That and a strict diet of Dot’s pretzels and Grain Belt Premuim.

12-Jul-19
Brotsky, Midwest and t-roy are all "World Class" bullshitters. :)

12-Jul-19
world class = best of the best ....

12-Jul-19
World Class animal means just one thing to me....rare large size. To put a number on it for North American game, I'd say roughly in the top 5% of all officially scored and recognized, either by B&C or P&Y. Let's say typical whitetail over 190 net, typical elk over 380 net, bighorn sheep over 190, and etc.

World Class experience means something different, but that's a separate question from the one asked by the OP, who said "specimen rarity".

12-Jul-19
I would be a bit more and say top 10% of the the curve. Just like in school if you are in the top 10% that's an A!

12-Jul-19
I have been told that some of the guys I hunt with are world class funny.....personally I don't find them so amusing most of the time.

12-Jul-19
I'd say if you had to put a number on it, 10 or even 5% is high when you are talking truly WORLD CLASS! THink about world class athletes.............................are they 5% of the population? Not even close!

12-Jul-19
Been with a few chicks that I thought were "World Class" and that definition is different from one Bowsiter to another too....

12-Jul-19
I do heed my calling boys! :-)

12-Jul-19
I've seen quite a few PA whitetails in the 120" range called world class.

12-Jul-19
Corey Jacobsen winning the RMEF elk calling contest...again!

12-Jul-19
Never thought about it, as I’m not an “inches” guy. Brotsky comment works for me

• Sitka Gear