DConcrete 12-Jul-19
Red Lion 12-Jul-19
ben h 12-Jul-19
Rut Nut 12-Jul-19
SBH 13-Jul-19
12-Jul-19

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
300" thread got me thinking.....lets see some on the other end of the spectrum....closer to 30" :) Post up your spikes! Most places I hunt we aren't allowed to shoot them in MT but there's a few spots and if I'm there and get a chance, I'm dropping that string! Best steaks I've ever had.

12-Jul-19

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo

12-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
My beautiful wife with her 1st ever bowkill 3 days after passing bowhunter ed. here in Idaho.

12-Jul-19

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo

12-Jul-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Best eating elk There is!!

12-Jul-19
Spikes are very good eating, but not better than a calf!!

12-Jul-19

FrontierMule's embedded Photo
FrontierMule's embedded Photo
My first elk. Had one of the smaller points broke. I call it my 1 1/2 by 2. Agree very good eating.

12-Jul-19
Charlie- is that for general areas, or only limited units?

12-Jul-19
The only place I’ve hunted in Colorado where I could legally take one was in unit 76, where I burned 12 points to hunt. Passed several on that hunt, plus a bunch of raghorns. I’d like to shoot one someday - test the “best eating elk” theory:)

12-Jul-19
I don’t know why, Memories perhaps, but I just love hunting Utah spikes. I love shooting them

12-Jul-19

Red Lion's embedded Photo
Red Lion's embedded Photo

12-Jul-19
Rut Nut, Most of Utah is limited entry for branched bulls, but many of the units you can hunt spikes or cows every year (some units are spike only) with a general tag. The general areas you can shoot whatever you want; spikes, cows, calves, or branched bulls. A handful of the units are strictly limited entry and you can't hunt them at all w/o drawing the tag.

12-Jul-19
Ok- thanks Ben! That is tempting, especially for someone on a tight budget. And it would probably be good experience for “rookie” elk hunters like me.

13-Jul-19
Mt man- your wife's bull had some crazy stuff goin on at the bases. Wonder if he woulda kept that going? Or just something he did first year.

Fall is just around the corner!

• Sitka Gear