Bowfreak 12-Jul-19
Franklin 12-Jul-19
jdee 12-Jul-19
BowYoda 12-Jul-19
BowYoda 12-Jul-19
Buglmin 12-Jul-19
carcus 13-Jul-19
12-Jul-19
hello all, new here but not to hunting. Pulled an archery tag for elk in The Valles Caldera this sept. been shooting daily out to 90yds. put FB BH on bow and they dove into ground 3' short of target.. went to shop to "re-tune". I cannot get a bullethole unless arrow is extreme to left out of rest. take 3 turns off poundage and get bulletholes at suggested setup. Z7 Magnum, 30" draw. idler wheel is parallel. i'm at a loss... can someone throw a couple of "checks" to look for or have ideas what may be causing this? Thanks in advance!!!

12-Jul-19
What spine arrows are you shooting?

12-Jul-19
Weak spine unless you have some horrible nock travel or something weird.

Arrow length, tip weight and spin?

12-Jul-19
What yardage are you saying you are 3' short at....90 yards? What is your impact points at regular yardages like 20...30....40 yards?

12-Jul-19
I had the same problem with a Z7Xtream and never could get it tuned, couldn’t hit a darn thing. Had a couple heartbreaking hunts with that bow that year then sold it and bought a new Bowtech and am back on track now. I don’t know what the problem was but after that season that bow had to go and I had spent a lot of time and money trying to get it right, everything on it was first class.

12-Jul-19
thanks guys will check the above... esp the cable-timing hole... completely forgot that. Shooting Axis 340s at 28.5" arrows, 100gr field points. Shot BH at 60 that dove into the ground. All arrows have been spin tested.... have been shooting 4" groups out to 60. Put a new string on it 4wks ago... shot it in... thought I was set until I shot the BH..?? have NEVER had this issue with this bow. center punched a bull 3yrs ago at 75yds. 20,30,40 yd shots I don't shoot at the same dot. I have nocturnals on all and got tired of busting them.

12-Jul-19
thanks guys will check the above... esp the cable-timing hole... completely forgot that. Shooting Axis 340s at 28.5" arrows, 100gr field points. Shot BH at 60 that dove into the ground. All arrows have been spin tested.... have been shooting 4" groups out to 60. Put a new string on it 4wks ago... shot it in... thought I was set until I shot the BH..?? have NEVER had this issue with this bow. center punched a bull 3yrs ago at 75yds. 20,30,40 yd shots I don't shoot at the same dot. I have nocturnals on all and got tired of busting them.

12-Jul-19
Bare shaft tune. Tune the arrow to the bow. Lots of useful information on bare shaft tuning on YouTube.

13-Jul-19
Is there a static yoke on that bow, I believe there is one, if so start twisting! If you can afford get a new bowtech realm or reckoning, they are the most tune-able bows, for the best deal contact a canadian dealer, your dollar will get you a smokin deal

• Sitka Gear