'Ike' (Phone) 12-Jul-19
IdyllwildArcher 12-Jul-19
Franklin 12-Jul-19
elkmtngear 12-Jul-19
ND String Puller 13-Jul-19
Ucsdryder 13-Jul-19
otcWill 13-Jul-19
12-Jul-19
So for you 4 fletch guys, can you do a helical twist? What are your reasons for shooting 4 fletch?

12-Jul-19
4 fletch helical with heat vanes and injexion shaft. Main advantage is a lower profile vane, but adding the 4th to still stabilize broadheads. No reason not to put on the helical imo. Another is you can nock the arrow up or down! It’s the same

12-Jul-19
My latest setup is a helical 4 fletch with AAE Pro max. They're lower profile and they are absolutely quieter during flight. Stood down range and had my dad shoot old vs new. Significant difference.

12-Jul-19
Idyll.....what were you shooting before....a Blazer or a 4" vane type of deal.

12-Jul-19
I 4 fletch with AAE 2.3 elite. On a victory vap tko. Much better broadhead stabilization

12-Jul-19
Reason I have done 4 fletch is like others have said: to be able to use smaller vanes

Smaller vanes make Better profiles in the wind.

lower profile for clearance and also quieter

Now days it’s the hip thing thou it seems. People want to shoot 4 fletch just because it’s cool. I always did it for a reason thou.

12-Jul-19

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
4 4” or 5” Duravanes. I like to see that big tennis ball hit.

This is normally how they look. Always shot them off wheeled bows because I suck tuning and they assist in getting big broadheads like the original Snuffers to fly well.

12-Jul-19
I switched to four low profile from three Blazers. I was getting fletch to cable contact occasionally when I hand torqued. Helical on a very old Bitz that still has the old 75-55 configuration. Better clearance on cables, rest and sight housing and you can’t put it on wrong.

12-Jul-19
I have had zero problems with 4 blazers. And it sure stabilizes Broadheads. Main reason I switched though was so I did not have to worry about weather I knocked it correctly. Also I can see them better in flight. Eliminates using a lighted knock. (I don’t want to add weight to the back of the arrow and the extra blazer is lighter) also usually have an arrow with 4 4in feathers. Now that is visible and flys great. Greg

12-Jul-19
What's everyone's opinion on VaneTec low profiles/

12-Jul-19

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
No real reason to change, just playing around! They fo fly nice though....Blazers

12-Jul-19
Franklin, my old setup was 3 blazers at 3 degrees helical.

12-Jul-19
I am going with AAE 3 fletch helical on FMJ`s for elk....I was shooting 4" helical vanes so I was curious which was quieter.

12-Jul-19
I switched many years ago from 3 fletch helical to 4 fletch helical, due to arrows planing (I shoot a compound with fingers). Seemed to help with stability.

Main reason, I don't have to look at my arrow to nock it. I could "rapid" fire, if needed. Just one less thing to think about.

13-Jul-19

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo
AAE pro max 4 fletch (left helical) since my bare shafts naturally spin left out of the bow. I noticed that years ago but had always fletched right. I wanted to try 4 low pros for clearance issues, and they took care of it. They seem to control the arrow really well, GT pierce platinum 300’s w/ 100gr slick trick standards. I’m not sure if I just got lucky with this setup, but it’s shooting great.

13-Jul-19
I always fletched 3 blazers at a right helical. I bought some arrows that had aae promax vanes, half were 4 fletch and half 3 fletch. Identical to my arrows. I shot all 3 configurations and the blazers produced the tightest groups out of my setup.

13-Jul-19
Justin, I'm using 4 fletch vanetec vmax currently. I tried them mainly for the specs. I won't be switching anytime soon. Great vanes

• Sitka Gear