Matt 14-Jul-19
arky 14-Jul-19
Nick Muche 14-Jul-19
mgmicky 15-Jul-19
arky 20-Jul-19
IdyllwildArcher 20-Jul-19
arky 20-Jul-19
13-Jul-19
I know it’s comparing apples to oranges but which would y’all suggest? If anyone has experience with the first lite does it run a little bigger? I have a kuiu synthetic down jacket with no hood and the only thing I don’t like about it is no hood. I can get either one of these for the same price the only difference is I can try the kryptek on bc it’s in store. I don’t like baggy jackets and I usually wear large but I’m wondering if I should run a medium if I go first lite. I am 6 and weigh 200. Thanks for the help!

13-Jul-19
I'm not sure mine was and Ares, but I bought a kryptek puffy a few years ago and the 2x was very tight. I replaced it with the 2x in FLand it runs big. Big difference in sizing.

13-Jul-19
If your 6' 200 lbs how the heck will you fit in a medium. Clothing manufacturers have been running the sizing really tight lately. With some of this stuff my arms and forearms won`t fit in the damn sleeves.

13-Jul-19
You’ll be right in between on the Unc. I think you’ll wanna order both sizes and try them on. Par for course on that jacket is it runs a little big.

13-Jul-19
It’s not that I run medium I’m anything else I’ve just heard the first lit puffy is big. I like my jackets to fit in the tight side so there ain’t as much swishing. I’m also an athletic 200 at 6 lol

13-Jul-19
I'm 6', 165 the FL large is a little big around my middle. I like it.

14-Jul-19
I agree on getting the large. The First Lite does run a little big, but with a few layers underneath it fits me perfectly. It's my favorite piece of clothing. I wear it as my outer layer many days. Worst case if it's just way too big you send back. Or what I've done before is buy both sizes and return the one you dont need.

14-Jul-19
Why not buy a Kuiu with a hood?

14-Jul-19
I just wanna try some first lite lol

14-Jul-19
Cirrus early season, uncompahgre middle season and then the chamberlin for real cold. Cirrus doesn’t have a hood but both my merino hoody and fleece do so it works.

15-Jul-19
I’m 6’2” and skinny. I wear a large top in Kuiu but need a medium in all the first lite stuff from short sleeves to puffy jackets. Plenty of sleeve length on the mediums for me...

20-Jul-19
Got the first lite in medium and it just came in. It’s exactly what I was wanting and fits perfect I’m glad I didn’t go large.

20-Jul-19
I have a FL Uncompagre in Medium and it fits me perfectly. I'm 6'0" and 155 lbs. Absolutely love the jacket - it's incredibly warm. I've worn it in -20 ambient with a single synthetic base layer and was warm on my 4 wheeler. The hood is not as warm as the jacket though, so you need a beanie or insulated hat to go under the hood to match the warmth of the rest of the jacket, but I've found that the case is the same for my Kuiu puffy.

20-Jul-19
I’m completely fine excited about it! I’m not necessarily ready for winter lol but this jacket seems like exactly what I was wanting. The medium is definitely more like a large in a lot of jackets

• Sitka Gear