JayZ 17-Jul-19
Jaquomo 17-Jul-19
Kurt 17-Jul-19
Brotsky 17-Jul-19
shorty 17-Jul-19
buzz mc 17-Jul-19
Whocares 17-Jul-19
16-Jul-19
I have a 6yr old 3 pin slider are the new ones any different?

16-Jul-19
Yes there has been some minor changes. Mounts, sight tape plates, 3rd axis on some mounting plates. Extended drive knob, they changed the internals a bit to. I have two and just ordered a third. Good soild sights

16-Jul-19
Yep^^^what he said.

17-Jul-19
MANY changes for the better

17-Jul-19
You guys are strongly making me consider spending money :-) My old MBG slider is trucking along beautifully but upgrades....upgrades...hmmm???

17-Jul-19
Montana Black Gold is the best in the business IMO.

17-Jul-19
I've used MBG fixed pins on my compounds for years but had never used their slider before this summer. Installed a MBG single pin on my new RealmX and am very impressed.

17-Jul-19
I've got two, one started life as an Ascent Verdict with a 4" dovetail and the other is their new Whitetail Ascent. The Whitetail weighs under 8 ounces and is the shortest, sitting within the profile of my Prime bow, and it also has the adjustment dial axle shortened...it sits closer to the sight and doesn't catch and bump on stuff as readily. To me it makes for a compact and better protected hunting sight, and yup I can still practice out to 100 with it.

I like the Whitetail Ascent so well that I contacted BG and was able to buy a Whitetail base and converted my Verdict over. Seems that all the BG components are interchangeable over the years. The sight head on my 2007 BG bought as a fixed pin head fits the latest sliders as the dovetail is the same.

I use 5 pins @ 0.019" as my old eyes don't see 0.010" pins in all lighting conditions. Color choice is green, yellow, green, yellow, green. I don't see red as well and it gives me a bit of parallax, meaning that it doesn't appear to be lined up with the green and yellow pins when looking through glasses, even though it is.

Good luck with your new sight!

17-Jul-19
I will also add that MBG has stellar customer service should you ever need to use it. Top notch! They are the ONLY bow sight I will ever consider for our rigs.

17-Jul-19
I have two of their sliders. One is older the other is two years old. I am thinking about going with a new one this year because I like the upgrades so much.

17-Jul-19

buzz mc's embedded Photo
Just after mounting on my bow
buzz mc's embedded Photo
Just after mounting on my bow
I just recently got a 3-pin slider. Although I normally take a couple western hunts a year, 90% of my hunting is for whitetails in the eastern states. I wanted a sight that was the most visible in very low light conditions. I ordered the Whitetail model with the 2" housing and 3 0.019 pins, all green. I've been getting it sighted in and think I have a tape picked out (just want to shoot some more to confirm). I'm very happy with the choice I've made so far.

17-Jul-19
Thought you were talking about something made out of moose burger! made me hungry so poured a glass of wine with crackers and cheese...

• Sitka Gear