Herbhunter's embedded Photo
Red Hartebesst
We just returned from a 9 day hunt in Namibia-wow, what a place! Everything you read about it can't do the place justice. Hunting for 8 species at the same time is indescribable, talk about target rich environment! We had opportunities at everything we wanted but still came up short on Zebra and Kudu. So we will be back.

17-Jul-19
Awesome! Congratulations on a great safari! Africa is an amazing place

17-Jul-19
More pics and details!

17-Jul-19
Nice!

17-Jul-19
I am looking at Namibia. Who did you hunt with? Property size? How are things with the current drought? Nice Impala.

17-Jul-19

Herbhunter's Link
I attached a link for my outfit, super family run operation. The drought is brutal we heard but the farm we hunted on is one of 3 family members that all touch each other. So we had 30,000 acres around us with plenty of ground water and they had decent rain combined with not over-grazing their properties, so the dryness was no issue.

17-Jul-19
Why did you and your wife switch arrows for the photos? :)

Looks like you both had a great time! Congrats!

17-Jul-19
Makes me want to go back and take some more game. Do it up bigger each time. Congrats on such a great bunch of hunts.

17-Jul-19
Nice thanks for sharing I want a red so bad, hope this is my year

18-Jul-19
Pink’s the new black right?

18-Jul-19
Haha first thing I thought too. My girlfriend has those same pink ted nugents!

18-Jul-19
Congrats on some great animals.

19-Jul-19
Ya'll did Great!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

19-Jul-19
Looks like tons of fun... nick beat is all to it..

19-Jul-19
Congratulations to you both, but I can't believe nobody has commented on your quivers. Tell us about the quivers.

19-Jul-19
I don’t know.... I like challenges. Hard earned paychecks. I’d rather hunt one big bull elk for 9 days than drop an animal every day for that long. The adventure sounds awesome. I love to travel and see new places and meet different people. But as far as the hunting goes I’ll take elk and moose right here in the good ol USA.

Nick you don’t miss a thing!

19-Jul-19
Yes, I just noticed the quivers as well. What fur is on the quiver and where did you have it done?

19-Jul-19
Nice work!

19-Jul-19
The quivers are made by herbhunter's father. He is a trapper in NY. Fox and mink. As far as the hunt being too easy.... The only difference between hunting in the states and hunting in Africa is you are fortunate to have many different tags in your pocket. Imagine sitting in your treestand with a moose, deer, elk, mountain lion, bear, turkey, caribou, antelope, and a wild hog tag. The hunting is still hard, you just have more opportunities. We hunted our asses off- all day sits, jumpy and nervous animals, the need for proper wind and weather conditions, good shots, and good guiding. Bowhunting in Africa is NOT easy, it just provides an opportunity for several species. Toekem's Bowhunting Safari's farm is full of predators- leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals, etc. so everything is harder!! It was a hunt of a lifetime, no doubt!

20-Jul-19
I love Africa, and no doubt I would love to go back some day, but it is definitely what I would call "easy" if you are hunting from a blind anyway... JS

Congrats on the a beautiful adventure. Maybe the guy just likes pink, and she shoots normal gear???

20-Jul-19
Elkman- I guess you could say "easy".. everything is just more controlled and you are not doing physically grueling activity. Just curious if you think because something is pink it is not "normal"? Haha.. interesting.

20-Jul-19
That fur quiver would look great on a trad bow!

22-Jul-19
Very nice congrats

06-Aug-19

Namibia, what an adventure for the price of a mediocre western guided elk hunt!

06-Aug-19
Awesome adventure, Africa is addictive. Forrest

07-Aug-19
Lol no kidding!

• Sitka Gear