Jaquomo 17-Jul-19
Predeter 17-Jul-19
APauls 17-Jul-19
BULELK1 19-Jul-19
dgb 19-Jul-19
CO_Bowhunter 19-Jul-19
Shawn 19-Jul-19
17-Jul-19
I got lucky this year and drew a Nebraska bull elk tag for the NW part of the state. I can pretty much go any week in September but the rifle season opens on the 21st. Any thoughts on which week I should go? Thanks!

17-Jul-19
Good luck!!Start day one of archery and hunt every day.

17-Jul-19
If you have 1 week only, 7-14.

17-Jul-19
What Charlie said!

17-Jul-19
All day every day

17-Jul-19
I would hunt the “week” of Sept 1st-21st! ;-)

17-Jul-19
Quit your job if you have to so you can hunt the whole season!

17-Jul-19
What midwest said so after the season when your looking for a new job you don't have to say you got fired.

17-Jul-19
Will you be hunting private land? If so, rifle season may not be an issue. PM Beav on here. His son Zach killed a very good bull last year with a bow. They can probably help. Good luck!

17-Jul-19
If you need public land spots pm me. Deer hunted out there in early September in 2016 and 17. Saw very good bulls both trips in the same place.

17-Jul-19
Always pick the time when I am at work. The rut for deer or elk will always be insane when I am at my desk - that I can guarantee. huge animals will be seen rutting their faces off throwing all caution to the wind in broad daylight. The weather will be perfect...

19-Jul-19
Congrats on getting the Tag!!

That's some neat country in the NW area.

If ya don't live to far away, try and hunt as much as ya can before work or after work and then hammer it full time once ya get to know the area and bulls activities.

Good luck, Robb

19-Jul-19
Thanks guys!

19-Jul-19
The area you choose to hunt, and the lack of other hunters, has more to do with your success than any particular week. Avoid trailheads, 4wd roads and anywhere an ATV or horse has access. The best places to hunt are where there is barely enough room to pull your vehicle off the highway and you look up in the timber and say, "Hell No!". That's where you want to go, leaving the crowds in the dust. Like Bob Marshall, just put a few biscuits lathered with bacon grease under your left armpit and you should be good for ten days of hunting.

19-Jul-19
I agree if you only can hunt a week go so you can have a day with the rifle just in case. May be the only time yo get a tag so as insurance I would save a day for the rifle. Shawn

• Sitka Gear