Treefarm 18-Sep-19
spikehorn 18-Sep-19
Bassmaster9960 18-Sep-19
Glunker 18-Sep-19
Rock 18-Sep-19
MikeSohm/Magnus 18-Sep-19
17-Jul-19

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Oh yeah, and they put the hammer down on elk!
Oh yeah, and they put the hammer down on elk!
Every time I deal with Magnus I’m amazed at their communication and their way over the top customer service. I shot at a coyote last year and buzzed his back. The arrow bounced off a rock and the result was a banged up Broadhead. Then I hit a piece of rebar with another head. Both my fault, but I sheepishly emailed mike at Magnus, basically asking for a handout, and he thanked me for using his heads and sent me replacements.

The hardest part of their return policy is bringing yourself to use it when you probably don’t deserve a new head.

Every year we see the “what Broadhead should I use?” For a new Hunter or a seasoned hunter, it’s hard to look past Magnus. Their heads are awesome and their customer service and warranty are absolutely the best.

17-Jul-19
UC, I know what you mean. I do like the magnus But this year I am going to the dark side. I am trying the Rage.

17-Jul-19
It is amazing they do it and you get the new head quickly! Had to do that on a stinger and a bullhead.

17-Jul-19
I guess I should say I have zero affiliation with magnus. Just appreciate good customer service. Boris, I like to tinker and try different stuff, but I keep a magnus in my quiver. Never know when a good sturdy fixed blade will come in handy!

17-Jul-19
Best broadheads and broadhead company out there!

17-Jul-19
I’ve used their BHs on African game, deer, bear, and turkeys. Ruined a head or two, but never asked for replacement. I just considered it “cost of doing business” The Magnus heads performed very well.

17-Jul-19
Excellent Broadhead, Great company Mike stands behind what they sell. Blackhornets for me. Fly great.

17-Jul-19
Took my biggest buck with a stinger. It is a 10pt. with a 22 inch inside spread. young deer though. Scored 128. I do have to say, that I have 5 dozen Bear broadheads. Some still have the factory edge on then.

17-Jul-19
Couple of my brothers have used the Snuffer SS for a long time now. Have any of you guys had a hard time trying to get em sharp? I really like a company that stands behind there product like them so thinking about switching to them or VPA.

17-Jul-19
Majority of animals I've killed in the last 17 years have come from Magnus broadheads. Stingers and snuffers. Tune great out of my compound and my traditional bow. My wife has about 12 whitetails with them too. I have also sent heads in... and I always lead people to their heads every chance I get. My go to!

17-Jul-19
Their blades are just vicious. I have used them all, every kind too...but the Buzzcut saved me a couple times on bad shots. Once when it counted the most. Just battle axe tough and devastating.

17-Jul-19
Black Hornets are in the quiver.....screwed into some FMJ`s. I`m ready.

18-Jul-19
Stingers.

Herb’s Yellowstone Honing Compound.

A little time in quiet reflection visualizing “the moment” and shot sequence.

18-Jul-19
This: "The hardest part of their return policy is bringing yourself to use it when you probably don’t deserve a new head."

They have always treated me well over the last decade and while i do send in many heads that have been used on game i do try not to take advantage of the warranty.

I have always found it interesting that so many people change broadheads year after year, shoot mechanicals, drop $15+ per head, etc. I'm sitting over here with a reasonably priced broadhead (cheap in cost by some standards) that i can replace if desired. A broadhead that shoots great and is sharp, durable, and made in the US.

18-Jul-19
I bought my daughter some 85gr Stingers because they looked good for low poundage. These are some of the sharpest broadheads I’ve handled right from the package! Are all the magnus broadheads this way? Ive shot a lot of different broadheads over the years and it seems sharpness is not always consistent from year to year. What are the sharpest broadheads out of the package you have ever used?

18-Jul-19
They are sharp out of the package. I just opened one and it shaved. I stropped it 3 times on each side lightly and it shaved like a fresh razor!

18-Jul-19
Good to know, I may start shooting them myself. I remember talking to a hunter years ago that said he actually skinned and quartered a bull with a magnus because he forgot his knife!

18-Jul-19
Been shooting Magnus since a Thunderhead skimmed on the outside of the last rib on a a 390 Bull in 1997. I have mostly shot the old style snuffers, though now my quiver has 3 big old style snuffers and 3 snuffer SS. I wish Magnus hadn't sold the rights to the big snuffers but I probably have enough to last a lifetime. As for getting them sharp, flat diamond stone with equal strokes will eventually get them shaving sharp and once sharp, they stay that way. Great heads, great customer service.

18-Jul-19
I will never shoot another love the stingers and the bullheads. Just can’t take the chance of a mechanical not opening.

18-Jul-19
Love their heads and their customer service is top notch. Sharpening is a breeze on the heads and they fly great from both my compound and my traditional bows.

18-Jul-19

Southern draw's embedded Photo
Southern draw's embedded Photo
Anyone using the black Hornets

18-Jul-19

MikeSohm/Magnus's embedded Photo
MikeSohm/Magnus's embedded Photo
Thank you for all your kind comments. We appreciate you using our broadheads. We are made in America, We use American materials and American Labor and we pay American Taxes. We are all about customer service, we definitely are not perfect and make mistakes but we will always take care of you. We are the first broadhead company to ever offer a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee and we donot require bowhunters to send them in or have a RA number. You take a picture with your complete name and address you email it to us and we replace its that simple. We are very fortunate to have hard working americans working with us making broadheads to the best of our ability, we do this fulltime and been very blessed to do for this our 35th year since I started Magnus in 1984. Thank you and good hunting to all and have a great day

18-Jul-19
Love the Stingers, Mike but wish the inserts were solid...

19-Jul-19
I used the 150 grain 4 blades last fall. They really fly amazing, even if they aren't spinning perfect. That is the one thing that you need to be careful of with them. Make sure the main blade is tightened down in perfect position to get them to spin perfect.

19-Jul-19
My wife has used them (stingers) for years. They have worked very well!

19-Jul-19
Mike’s post just convinced me. I’m going with a magnus head from now on.

19-Jul-19
Buzzcuts have done me very well and warranty is the best..not that I miss or anything.

19-Jul-19
Rookie you'll be glad you switched check out the black hornets.

01-Aug-19
I've been using stingers for years. A couple of weeks ago I emailed magnus and asked if it would be possible to exchange 9 unused 100gr stingers for 9 125's. In less than 30 minutes, I received a reply from Mike saying that they would take care of me. Needless to say, mike did just what he said he would! Within days of them receiving the heads I sent in, I received the replacement heads! If there's a company out there that can top magnus for customer service, I don't know who it would be! Thanks again Mike!

01-Aug-19
Yep, the best all the way around!

Mike, Thanks for an awesome product!

01-Aug-19
I agree with the others, Magnus is a top shelf Company, and their heads get the job done! Makes me glad I made the switch a couple years ago.

Thanks for your excellent support, Mike !

02-Aug-19
My FMJ's are loaded with 100gr. Black Hornets just waiting for opening day!

08-Aug-19
Thank you for kind comments we will always take care of you. Good hunting to everyone if we can be of service please email us anytime. Thank you

17-Sep-19

I had to bring this to the top one more time. The girlfriend killed an aspen this weekend. I sent mike an email a few months back asking for advice on a head for a low poundage setup. I sent him the picture of the dead tree with the arrow sticking out. His response was to offer to replace the head. I told him that was taking his ridiculously good warranty too far and I’ll chalk that one up to her bad! Here’s the trophy tree.

18-Sep-19
125 Black Hornets Serr's are amazing.Fantastic blood trails.Fly like darts.Great heads,great company.

18-Sep-19
Yep Mike is a great guy with a great product. But the way he backs it up with his no questions asked replacement policy really sets Magnus apart from the rest.

18-Sep-19
I am a 100% Magnus customer. I just got back from Africa and used Black Hornets. They are just flawless! Two additional deer opening day of archery on Saturday with short trail.

I second their customer service. Bar none, Mike Sohm is a great business owner and personally responds to emails. Great company philosophy. A fixed head that performs flawlessly and has a lifetime guarantee!

18-Sep-19
Last season I added Black Hornets to my collection of Snuffers. I was broadhead shooting last week with a BH and after 15-20 shots it was still scary shaving sharp! Never tried that with a Snuffer, I'd just resharpen.

18-Sep-19
Love them. Had two pass throughs on whitetails only drawing 40 pounds.

18-Sep-19
I too used to use thunderheads but they are harder to get to fly perfect and the tip sharpness is poor. I like the non solid bleed blade as if it hits too much bone it breaks off to get penetration with the main blade. They resharpen easily and have the best warranty. I like that they also make a 150 grain head. What I would like them to consider is a 150 grain head with a steel ferrule. Any chance?

18-Sep-19
I started using Magnus I, 4 blade 150 grain heads in 1984 when Mike first started making them and will continue using them until I can no longer hunt. As I had enough forethought to tell Mike years ago that if he ever stopped making them to let me know before he did so I could buy a bunch. When he let me know he was selling off his traditional line of heads, I asked him how many he had in stock which was 60+ packs (around 33 doz). Told him to send them all to me, so I now have a lifetime supply.

18-Sep-19
Glunker-Our broadheads are made with 7075 t6 aluminum and this material has the same tensile strength as a mild steel and works well, they are not indestructible, but no broadhead is. If we were to make a 150 grain our of steel the broadhead blade would have to be completely changed with thinner materials and the broadhead would not meet our standards for broadheads. Plus even with a steel ferrule, the broadhead would still not be indestrucible. Thanks

• Sitka Gear