TreeWalker 18-Jul-19
Dino 18-Jul-19
JohnMC 18-Jul-19
Aces11 18-Jul-19
sitO 18-Jul-19
StickFlicker 19-Jul-19
Pop-r 19-Jul-19
18-Jul-19
Picked up a 3D Flambeau antelope decoy. Anyone ever use one while sitting in a blind? I have an alfalfa field I set a blind up in and debating giving it a try.

18-Jul-19
We do it every year during the rut, works great. The only bad thing is it's an all day deal, get in in the dark and leave in the dark you don't want to seen outside the blind.

18-Jul-19
The horns are removable. Do you set up as a buck or doe, or does it not really matter?

18-Jul-19
I've had better luck with doe when using one decoy, sometimes I use one doe and one buck. My buddy uses both and has more come to the buck but are aggressive storm in and knock it down, with one doe they usually come in and stand around before mounting the decoy. Place the decoy at a 45% angle away from the blind for the best shot and not getting seen in the blind. My distance from blind to decoy is usually 12 yards.

18-Jul-19
Be very careful if gun season overlaps your hunt and you are on public land. I would leave the horns on.

18-Jul-19
Aces11, where did you get your Flambeau antelope decoy from? They r hard to find.

18-Jul-19
When will you be hunting? I would probably steer clear of it in mid August. The further into Sept. you get the better a decoy will work.

18-Jul-19
Thanks for the reply’s. I will probably hunt mid August and then again later during the rut if need be. I will have to give it a try later. I found the thing for sale on Facebook classifieds for $40. Crazy thing was I seen it was for sale and then I looked at the seller and it was a lady that used to work for me. Her husband didn’t use it anymore. She said she had a lot of people contact her after I did wanting to buy it. Glad I snagged it right away.

18-Jul-19
I've got one, used one day, prefer the silhouette style for what I do. If someone is interested send me a PM and we'll work something out.

19-Jul-19
I have one. It appears to be a whitetail body with a pronghorn head on it, painted to look like a pronghorn. If you decide to try it as a doe, you might take something to cover the holes. If the wind is just right, it will make a whistling noise.

19-Jul-19
I might be interested in it sitO. I have my first antelope tag this year. I have a buddy that's a pro at it and idk his exact tactics yet but I'll find out in a lil while to know if I need it. He's killed 13 bucks & counting with the same arrow! Says he needs to retire it this year tho.

• Sitka Gear