BOWUNTR 20-Jul-19
Buglmin 21-Jul-19
12yards 22-Jul-19
ROUGHCOUNTRY 22-Jul-19
LFN 22-Jul-19
18-Jul-19
Any thoughts or comments on these, been a long time since i tried them

18-Jul-19
The newer, shorter versions shoot a little better but the originals penetrate and kill ruthlessly.

18-Jul-19
I use the 3 blade & they perform better than any other I have tried. They fly great out of my bow as well. Hit the offside leg after going through the heart of a whitetail from a tree stand. Shattered it, looked like a bullet hit. Only one blade was bent a little.

18-Jul-19
I use to shoot the 3 blade

18-Jul-19
If I was using a 100 gr it would be the musacchia Broadhead. Sharpen the tip and these and the muzzys penetrate fantastic.

18-Jul-19
Awesome to see Musacchia making heads again! Didn't realize he was.

18-Jul-19
I’ve taken a dozen deer with them and 9 animals in RSA with them. Never had a complaint about them. Have no idea why I changed other than I’m a broadhead junky. Hi, my name is Jim and I’m a broadheadaholic.

18-Jul-19
+2 ^^^^ except for RSA I’ve killed dozens of whitetail with them. I will be using them on my first elk hunt this fall! Hi I’m Tom and I’m a broad head junky.

18-Jul-19
TMac are you saying you used the original muzzy?

18-Jul-19
They work great for me. Went with mechanicals one time and wont be doing that again anytime soon

18-Jul-19
I quit counting after taking 60 deer and 4 black bears with the 100 gr. Muzzy. Have 6 125 3 blade Muzzy ready for my Ontario bear hunt in three weeks. Only reason I am using the 125 gr is that I am now going to use my Switchback XT instead of my Switchback. XT tunes better with 125 gr .

18-Jul-19
I shoot the current 100 grain, 3 blade variety. Flies great and kills efficiently. And, I often find them as low as $3 apiece on clearance at the end of the season.

18-Jul-19
I used them until 2010 when I discovered SlickTricks. Killed a pile of elk with them but didn’t like the fact the blades were a beeatch to resharpen

18-Jul-19
I used the muzzy 125 gr on elk for awhile and my results were less than satisfactory. first elk I ever shot was 30 yrds broadside. went 50 yrds and laid down, I could see entrance was good, complete pass thru, arrow was on the ground where I shot him but 2 hours later he got up and walked away leaving no blood trail. (I couldn't get another shot due to brush) I was stumped as to what went wrong until years later when cleaning out my gear I came across the blades which I had wrapped in tape, one blade the full length of the sharpened edge was completely curled over, I believe it was deflected on rib on entry missing off side lung. second failure was more my fault, I hit bone and broadhead blew up, no penetration and blades and tip missing. this was with a 550 gr arrow. after that I switched to magnus buzzcuts and next bull arrow went thru the scapula and was located 15 yrds beyond in usable condition. I think they are a good broadhead but there are better choices for heavy boned critters

18-Jul-19
Yes original muzzy robbo

19-Jul-19
Think Bud Light can....Lol

19-Jul-19
Aluminum ferrule... but stainless center where the blades connect. I used to shoot the original 125, then the 100 and now the MX3 100. I've been shooting Muzzys for over 25 years and have killed well over 100 animals with them. No reason to go broadhead shopping. Ed F

19-Jul-19
They do what they're supposed to I just think there's better heads out there. Last thing I shot with the original Muzzy 100 was a black bear that went 40 yards.

19-Jul-19
Im shooting the new Musaacchia heads, have been since Febusry that John was finally satisfied with the tolerances. I tried to let everyone know about them, but... The tolerances in John's broadhead are very tight broadhead to broadhead. The four blade is 100 grains are 1 1/8" wide, with the blade angle set to where the blades slice, not chop, like most short heads do these days. I shot Muzzy from 1995 till 2006, killed a lot of elk, bear, mule deer and antelope with them with great results. The thought that guys blame a broadhead for an elk living for 2 hours that he shot through the lungs has me thinking. As a guide, I used to see elk shot with every kind of head made, and when hit properly, most didn't go 30 yards and died in seconds. When a longbow shooter shot a bull with a field point, even that bull was dead under 80 yards and dead sighing minutes.

19-Jul-19
They work well but have been passed by with other options

19-Jul-19
I've killed a pile of animals with them over the years and they are priced right... That being said I've never been overly happy with how they flew out of my bows... For example a couple of years ago I was messing around with BH's at 50... Slick Trick 4 blade standard, Trophy Taker Terminal t-loc, NAP Killzone, Rage Hypodermic and the old Ulmer edge heads flew relatively the same... The muzzy almost missed the target completely... I'm sure some of their newer heads with updated aerodynamic profiles would fly better...

20-Jul-19
Broadheads are gadgets... the argument that technology has surpassed muzzys design is negligible to 90% of bowhunters. Shot placement, with any broadhead trumps the argument. Old school Muzzys are just fine for bowhunting. Ed F

21-Jul-19
Far more superior heads? How so? Are you talking single bevel heads, or what? Superior in which way? Slick Trick? Wasp? Have you any experience with John Musacchia's NBS100? I know guys that have shoot Muzzy for over 20 years and still shoot them with great success on big elk and mule deer. As far as not getting a head to fly, it's all about tuning. If you can't get a bigger profile to fly, but smaller profile heads fly, better tune some more.

22-Jul-19
I have some original 100 grain 3 blades and some extra blades. If anyone wants them I can send free of charge. I used some for practice but ended up never using them for hunting. Cut the hell out of a finger putting one together though. LOL.

22-Jul-19
They are a pretty good balance of quality, accuracy, toughness and PRICE. I hunt so many different animals every year that I've decided I'm not paying 20.00 per head for something I use so frequently. And yes, very good results for a LONG time.

22-Jul-19
Buglim, for the record I never said I got both lungs, I don't know where the arrow exited only that the entry looked good, had lots of time to study it. I believe the damaged blade is a clue to what happened but I will never know. and yes I believe the damaged blade was a factor in the non recovery. after all if I had said this was a mechanical broadhead there would be screaming from the never mechanical guys "see told ya mechanicals are not sturdy enough for elk" the OP asked for opinions, this is mine nothing more. on another note what did the warden say about the poacher killing an elk with a field point, you did report him right?

• Sitka Gear