carcus 20-Jul-19
The dream 20-Jul-19
c5ken 21-Jul-19
shorty 21-Jul-19
Pat Bischoff 21-Jul-19
Bowfreak 21-Jul-19
c5ken 22-Jul-19
19-Jul-19
Thinking about switching from a Carter Rx1 trigger finger release to a T-Handle thumb trigger. Can't find a shop that has several top of the line T-handle releases to test. Anyone using a T-handle for hunting? If so, which one are you using? Need one that's quiet, easy to attach to a D-Loop & attach it to my wrist so I don't drop/lose it. Any suggestions?

19-Jul-19
I don’t want to even talk about how many I own ;) after an extensive search and try I have settled on the Stan PerfeX, I don’t think I can find anything better for me! I shoot the short neck and wish that they made one with a closed jaw to hang on the string when in a treestand/blind, but that is minor. They do make the long neck that can do that, but I don’t want the long neck. Other than that I think it’s about perfect for my needs/requirements. Very high marks from me and I have tried a bunch of them.

—Jim

19-Jul-19
Stans seem to be the best lots of the best shooters use them. Shawn

19-Jul-19
Carters have quite few. I use the ember.

19-Jul-19
Thanks for the input. I'll see if I can find the suggested T-handles & give them a try....

20-Jul-19
I shoot T.R.U.Ball. I've got a pair of Sabretooths I bought in 2005. They both still perform like new, and are absolutely stable. No adjustments in years. This despite one of them spending 1 full year in the woods after I dropped it. Yep, found it a year later. Just sprayed it full of WD40 a couple of times. Today, I don't know which one was lost. I recently bought a Fang 4 finger because it will hang on the loop and stay there with the 'fang' keeping it there. It feels the same as the Sabretooth. When I use it, I will attach something on it to make it easier to find! Lastly, it is NOT to early to make the change for the coming season. But you may find yourself grabbing the old release opening day.

20-Jul-19
Nock 2 It by Carter.

20-Jul-19
I prefer the wrist strap index for hunting myself, and I have been shooting a handle/hinge for over 20 years for tournaments.

20-Jul-19
I’ve used tru ball t handles for many years. Mainly the pro diamond, but also have a fang 4

20-Jul-19
Elkman X 2, I got a hinge and a resistance activated t handle(haven't used yet, scared!) That I practice with and switch to a carter quickie wrist release for hunting, I had 4 different thumb t handles, i never felt confident enough to hunt with.

20-Jul-19
Wise choice!

21-Jul-19
So many T-handles to choose from. Wish I could find a shop that had several top of the line T-Handles so I could test drive them. I've been shooting a Carter Rx1 for years for hunting, 3D & indoors. I tried a Keeton several months ago & could never get comfortable with it. Would like to test some hand-held releases to see if it's worth the switch....

21-Jul-19
John Dudley has several videos on you tube. Check them out, you won't be sorry.

21-Jul-19
Spot hog whipper snapper for hunting. Carter wise choice for tournaments.

21-Jul-19
Go to archery talk and pick up a seared release by Carter, Stan or Tru Ball. Buying used will save money and of you don't like it you can turn around and sell it for pretty much what you paid for it. Rinse and repeat until you find what you like.

22-Jul-19
Thanks for all of the info... Hopefully I can find one that will work for me...

• Sitka Gear