Kydeer1 22-Jul-19
Catscratch 22-Jul-19
Schmitty78 22-Jul-19
Schmitty78 22-Jul-19
t-roy 22-Jul-19
t-roy 22-Jul-19
Schmitty78 22-Jul-19
22-Jul-19
I was just curious if anyone on here uses a spreader that fits into a 2” receiver on your side by sides? Good ones, bad ones? Any help would be appreciated! I’m mainly wanting to use it to spread lime and fertilizer, I prefer to hand seed. There are just so many out there it’s hard to decide which route to go. Any opinions?

22-Jul-19
From experience, unless your plot is really flat with minimal debris I would not do a pull behind. I tried that once, forgot the brand but got it at TSC, and it was a pain in the butt. Tire ended up going flat in the end. I would recommend one that mounts on the back of the unit if possible. I'm going with one for a tractor on my next one.

22-Jul-19
I have a (small John Deere) pull spreader. I won't use it. I've had it tip over before and it sits too low to spread over vegetation. It's agitator doesn't break up fert that has some clumps and clogs often. I would look for one that either has features that overcome these problems.

22-Jul-19
I have tried the pull spreaders and they suck trying to pull through worked ground. I’m not looking for one of those, I have one that has an arm that slides into the receiver but it’s locked up from years of fertilizers going through it. Just trying to find a similar one. There are tons of options, I’d just like to hear from guys on here with personal experience with a certain spreader instead of a bunch of reviews from others that I can’t ask questions to.

22-Jul-19

Schmitty78's embedded Photo
Schmitty78's embedded Photo
One like this, but the reviews on this one weren’t very positive.

22-Jul-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
Not the best pic, but you get the general idea.
t-roy's embedded Photo
Not the best pic, but you get the general idea.
I have a really nice Tarter Brand pull behind spreader (paid around $800 for it) that works very well, but Kydeer and Catscratch both make some valid points. You definitely do need to be pretty careful on uneven ground and if the vegetation is over about 12”-14” tall, it doesn’t spread the media consistently. If I were to do it over again, I would definitely go with a 3 point mounted spreader for my tractor vs what I have now.

22-Jul-19
Sorry Schmitty. I was posting this as you were posting your above comments.

22-Jul-19
Thanks t-Roy. A buddy and I plant our properties together, we actually have one for the 3-point on the tractor and it works great!! Just trying to find one for the side by side so while one guys working ground the other can come right behind him and get it limed/fertilized and seed thrown and the tractor can keep ripping the next plot up:)

• Sitka Gear