Proline 26-Jul-19
stick n string 30-Jul-19
AZBUGLER 30-Jul-19
JL 30-Jul-19
12yards 30-Jul-19
dmann 30-Jul-19
Shawn 30-Jul-19
24-Jul-19
What would you look at running for a trail camera that is $100 or so?

I have ran the cabelas brand for 3 to 4 years with good luck, but the new generation is getting bad reviews...

24-Jul-19
I just purchased two 20 megapixel Stealthcams from MidwayUSA for $60 each. I haven't run this model yet, but I'm happy with the DS4K that I've got.

24-Jul-19
Look for Browning trail cameras on ebay.

Do not buy a Covert they are junk.

24-Jul-19
The 99 dollar cuddeback at basspro

24-Jul-19
I bought 15 brownings off easy that were marked down to 65 each shipped. I needed them for a couple public land hunts I was doing that I didnt want any of my good cams to get swiped. they turned out to be decent cams. I acutely have like 6 or 8 that I haven't used and I was going to sell maybe

24-Jul-19
I have really enjoyed my Brownings. Good pics and video

24-Jul-19
Browning is arguably making the best cameras for the money, on the market.

Now if you can find primos proof gen 2, 01's .... thats a sweet cam for the money, but has many limitations and lacks in certain areas of performance. I picked up a bunch for $25/ea after rebates which was crazy.

24-Jul-19
For me, Bushnell and Browning have been the ones that survived longest over the Years, along with best battery life.

24-Jul-19
Browning has done well. Unlike Wilbur my Coverts have also performed very well. Several of them are into their 4th year. Remarkable battery life.

24-Jul-19
Had great luck with Browning's. Been running them for the last 4 years, and haven't had any bad experiences making me want to change. I personally wont buy a trail camera anymore that doesn't have the infrared black flash.

24-Jul-19
check camofire, specifically on Tuesdays (trailcam tuesdays). They typically have lots of Stealthcams and Brownings. I have bought 5+ stealthcams on there, some being refurbished and have had no issues.

24-Jul-19
Coverts r my favorite followed by Bushnell. Both 107-110 on Amazon

24-Jul-19
Wildgame Innovations. They're actually my go to camera. For $65cdn Haven't had one fail yet. I've donated 16 over two years to our local bowhunting club no complaints from those owners, I have 4 and know a number of people with them. Definitely best I've got. Always bought the Terra 7 or Terra 8. Solid black camera with picture and video, and IR flash. Pics are outstanding and to a long range as well. I hate the company but can't argue with their cams.

24-Jul-19
Which Browning models have been keepers for you folks?

24-Jul-19
I'm done with cudde back in the last two weeks I checked my two cuddeback and they were both loaded with ants , customer service said to spray with ant spray, told them I'll just go with something different they said ok that's fine.wow great customer service!!!!

24-Jul-19
^I've had ants get in my cams before....not a big deal IMO. I just wiped them out and switched trees.

Brownings are decent cams. I have all Moultries as I like their vid quality and warranty. FWIW....I only use my cams for vids as they provide more useful info than taking pics only. If I didn't have Moultries I'd go with Brownings.

24-Jul-19

Kirkus's embedded Photo
Kirkus's embedded Photo
I have the Browning Dark Ops HD - Model# BTC-6HD.

Has been working well for about 4 years now. Picture and video. I like this best since there is no flash, blinking led or noise. Usually run it in a 3-shot burst mode

24-Jul-19
For the most part, trail cameras are hit and miss. Most of them are manufactured in Chinese factories with limited quality control - add to that the elements of nature and you get reliability issues.

Having said that, for the past five years, or so, Browning has been the leader in reliability - that's what I'd buy. The model is a different story - if it was on public land, or in bear country, I'd go with the least expensive model. If it was on private property, for deer, elk or hogs, I'd spend a little more.

24-Jul-19
Browning STRIKE FORCE HD 850 Micro Trail Camera (16MP)......this is what I got and I have had O problems out of any of the 5. They were a little higher than what you asked, but I swear I'd pay a little more for decent quality. They are almost not worth packaging up and sending back and the camera companies know it.

24-Jul-19

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
Have had good luck with the stealthcam SC-14’s. 8 MP and good battery life. They run about $60.

24-Jul-19
Here is a gratuitous Moultrie vid I got on the last cam check.

24-Jul-19
Wildgame Innovations

24-Jul-19
I have a couple Browning’s that have been good. To buck the name brand trend, I purchased some inexpensive off brand cameras on amazon last year about this time. They are called “Blaze” I think. They were like 5 for $250. They actually have been pretty good. Had 3 out since last fall and picked them up a couple weeks ago and still working good.

But I agree, all brands seem to be kinda hit or miss. I’ve had some from certain brands that were good then the next I bought sucked. Just hard to guess, but I have generally heard positive reviews of the Browning’s the last 2-3 years. Probably a good choice.

—Jim

24-Jul-19
I'll second the Camofire stealth cams. I bought several. Decent pictures, night pics not great but plenty adequate to judge what you are looking at. A big plus is the battery life have been great on them.

25-Jul-19
Another Wildgame Innovations user. I've had many cameras in different price ranges. These cameras are under $100, and they have given me the best output. No fails, no issues - so far so good.

25-Jul-19
Absolutely the Browning Strike force for me. Simply as a warning: DO NOT buy a Spypoint product.

25-Jul-19
Are you guys able to buy Browning cams for under $100? Or is this like when a guy starts a bino thread and says "Best Bino under $300" and everyone recommends Swarovski's? Though I wouldn't call Browning the Swaro of the trailcam industry lol

25-Jul-19
Tough to get a good one for less than $100 but for $100 to $150 I have had great luck with Moultries.

25-Jul-19
I love the Covert MP16 . Great customer service and I will send you all you want for 90.00 plus shipping.

25-Jul-19
I believe the above vid was taken with my Moultrie M-999i. $99 on EBay right now....free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moultrie-No-Glow-Invisible-20MP-Mini-999i-Infrared-Trail-Game-Camera-M-999i/391447507630?epid=691349475&hash=item5b2416f2ae:g:8esAAOSw8w1X4AyO:sc:ShippingMethodExpress!49696!US!-1

25-Jul-19
Best under $100 trail cam for me is the Moultrie 888i.

25-Jul-19
I have switched to all Moultries. Having good luck with them.

25-Jul-19
Moultrie has been good to me when my cams break within the 2 yr warranty. I have given them feedback on cam design and they seem receptive. I have an old 2013 M990 that is still filming. I had to go thru a few to get a good one but this one keeps on ticking.

25-Jul-19
wildgame innovations

25-Jul-19
Guys.. EXODUS. Their trek model is a fantastic camera with a FIVE year no question warranty. With promo codes they are $130, but GUARANTEED for 5 years! $26 a year and it’s guaranteed. They also have theft replacement at 50% off. Great company. Check them out. Cannot beat the warranty

25-Jul-19
I agree with what ELKMAN said, don't buy Spypoint. I have been very disappointed with their cameras.

I have 2 primos proof cams, got em for like $40 a piece at TSC. Great pics. I like my wildgame innovations cam also.

26-Jul-19
The Browning strike force cameras are about $115 at our sportsmans. I use a $10 off coupon and get them for about $105, so yeah I would call that pretty close to $100 dollar camera...

26-Jul-19
Agree they tend to be hit or miss. I will second the above on Covert.....their customer service is very good.

30-Jul-19
What model tasco cams are u tasco/bushnell guys running?

30-Jul-19
I’ve had good results with Moultrie, Primos, and Stealthcam. I like Stealthcams the best for their simplicity and battery life. I run the P series 12,14,and 18 and buy what I can when they’re on sale. Often times I get the refurb models off of Camofire for as low as $35! The PX18 package with card and batteries can be found for around $85 and is a great buy. I’ve had many of my cams for 5-10 years and they’re still going strong. Unfortunately I deal with a high rate of theft and lose quite a few every year. For that reason I’ll never spend over $100 on a cam. It gets even more pricey when you add in a steel box, cable lock, and padlock and then find all of them damaged.

30-Jul-19
I was making homer cams before I got into store-bought cams. IMO one thing to consider is what do you want the cam to do? If you just want to see what is there during preseason, a short time period, maybe crowded public land, etc, most cheaper cams that can take a decent pic can get the job done. If you plan on using the cam most of the year, then stepping up to a little higher quality cam is in order. If you use the cam most of the year and want as much target info as possible, then a cam that is of great quality and hi-res HD video is in order. If you're on private land where things are relatively safe and the cam will be there for a while, consider a great quality cam that can take a solar power supply. My useless two cents....

30-Jul-19
My Browning was junk. Last 2.5 years. I've got a Moultrie M80 that is still going strong. That's a pretty old camera. I'd try a Moultrie again.

30-Jul-19
I’ve had good luck with primos proof cam gen 2

30-Jul-19
Primos 2.0 mentioned above are wonderful for the money. Basic but great pics and pretty quick trigger time. I bought several on e-bay 2 years ago for $30!! I also have a couple Brownings and again basic but good pics. I rarely use them only on public land hnts out of state for a quick survey! Shawn

• Sitka Gear