t-roy 28-Oct-20
Lone Wolf 28-Oct-20
MA-PAdeerslayer 01-Nov-20
sticksender 01-Nov-20
Bou'bound 01-Nov-20
LINK 01-Nov-20
LINK 01-Nov-20
24-Jul-19
What would you look at running for a trail camera that is $100 or so?

I have ran the cabelas brand for 3 to 4 years with good luck, but the new generation is getting bad reviews...

24-Jul-19
I just purchased two 20 megapixel Stealthcams from MidwayUSA for $60 each. I haven't run this model yet, but I'm happy with the DS4K that I've got.

24-Jul-19
Look for Browning trail cameras on ebay.

Do not buy a Covert they are junk.

24-Jul-19
The 99 dollar cuddeback at basspro

24-Jul-19
I bought 15 brownings off easy that were marked down to 65 each shipped. I needed them for a couple public land hunts I was doing that I didnt want any of my good cams to get swiped. they turned out to be decent cams. I acutely have like 6 or 8 that I haven't used and I was going to sell maybe

24-Jul-19
I have really enjoyed my Brownings. Good pics and video

24-Jul-19
Browning is arguably making the best cameras for the money, on the market.

Now if you can find primos proof gen 2, 01's .... thats a sweet cam for the money, but has many limitations and lacks in certain areas of performance. I picked up a bunch for $25/ea after rebates which was crazy.

24-Jul-19
For me, Bushnell and Browning have been the ones that survived longest over the Years, along with best battery life.

24-Jul-19
Browning has done well. Unlike Wilbur my Coverts have also performed very well. Several of them are into their 4th year. Remarkable battery life.

24-Jul-19
Had great luck with Browning's. Been running them for the last 4 years, and haven't had any bad experiences making me want to change. I personally wont buy a trail camera anymore that doesn't have the infrared black flash.

24-Jul-19
check camofire, specifically on Tuesdays (trailcam tuesdays). They typically have lots of Stealthcams and Brownings. I have bought 5+ stealthcams on there, some being refurbished and have had no issues.

24-Jul-19
Coverts r my favorite followed by Bushnell. Both 107-110 on Amazon

24-Jul-19
Wildgame Innovations. They're actually my go to camera. For $65cdn Haven't had one fail yet. I've donated 16 over two years to our local bowhunting club no complaints from those owners, I have 4 and know a number of people with them. Definitely best I've got. Always bought the Terra 7 or Terra 8. Solid black camera with picture and video, and IR flash. Pics are outstanding and to a long range as well. I hate the company but can't argue with their cams.

24-Jul-19
I'm done with cudde back in the last two weeks I checked my two cuddeback and they were both loaded with ants , customer service said to spray with ant spray, told them I'll just go with something different they said ok that's fine.wow great customer service!!!!

24-Jul-19
^I've had ants get in my cams before....not a big deal IMO. I just wiped them out and switched trees.

Brownings are decent cams. I have all Moultries as I like their vid quality and warranty. FWIW....I only use my cams for vids as they provide more useful info than taking pics only. If I didn't have Moultries I'd go with Brownings.

24-Jul-19

Kirkus's embedded Photo
Kirkus's embedded Photo
I have the Browning Dark Ops HD - Model# BTC-6HD.

Has been working well for about 4 years now. Picture and video. I like this best since there is no flash, blinking led or noise. Usually run it in a 3-shot burst mode

24-Jul-19
For the most part, trail cameras are hit and miss. Most of them are manufactured in Chinese factories with limited quality control - add to that the elements of nature and you get reliability issues.

Having said that, for the past five years, or so, Browning has been the leader in reliability - that's what I'd buy. The model is a different story - if it was on public land, or in bear country, I'd go with the least expensive model. If it was on private property, for deer, elk or hogs, I'd spend a little more.

24-Jul-19
Browning STRIKE FORCE HD 850 Micro Trail Camera (16MP)......this is what I got and I have had O problems out of any of the 5. They were a little higher than what you asked, but I swear I'd pay a little more for decent quality. They are almost not worth packaging up and sending back and the camera companies know it.

24-Jul-19

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
Have had good luck with the stealthcam SC-14’s. 8 MP and good battery life. They run about $60.

24-Jul-19
Here is a gratuitous Moultrie vid I got on the last cam check.

24-Jul-19
Wildgame Innovations

24-Jul-19
I have a couple Browning’s that have been good. To buck the name brand trend, I purchased some inexpensive off brand cameras on amazon last year about this time. They are called “Blaze” I think. They were like 5 for $250. They actually have been pretty good. Had 3 out since last fall and picked them up a couple weeks ago and still working good.

But I agree, all brands seem to be kinda hit or miss. I’ve had some from certain brands that were good then the next I bought sucked. Just hard to guess, but I have generally heard positive reviews of the Browning’s the last 2-3 years. Probably a good choice.

—Jim

24-Jul-19
I'll second the Camofire stealth cams. I bought several. Decent pictures, night pics not great but plenty adequate to judge what you are looking at. A big plus is the battery life have been great on them.

25-Jul-19
Another Wildgame Innovations user. I've had many cameras in different price ranges. These cameras are under $100, and they have given me the best output. No fails, no issues - so far so good.

25-Jul-19
Absolutely the Browning Strike force for me. Simply as a warning: DO NOT buy a Spypoint product.

25-Jul-19
Are you guys able to buy Browning cams for under $100? Or is this like when a guy starts a bino thread and says "Best Bino under $300" and everyone recommends Swarovski's? Though I wouldn't call Browning the Swaro of the trailcam industry lol

25-Jul-19
Tough to get a good one for less than $100 but for $100 to $150 I have had great luck with Moultries.

25-Jul-19
I love the Covert MP16 . Great customer service and I will send you all you want for 90.00 plus shipping.

25-Jul-19
I believe the above vid was taken with my Moultrie M-999i. $99 on EBay right now....free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moultrie-No-Glow-Invisible-20MP-Mini-999i-Infrared-Trail-Game-Camera-M-999i/391447507630?epid=691349475&hash=item5b2416f2ae:g:8esAAOSw8w1X4AyO:sc:ShippingMethodExpress!49696!US!-1

25-Jul-19
Best under $100 trail cam for me is the Moultrie 888i.

25-Jul-19
I have switched to all Moultries. Having good luck with them.

25-Jul-19
Moultrie has been good to me when my cams break within the 2 yr warranty. I have given them feedback on cam design and they seem receptive. I have an old 2013 M990 that is still filming. I had to go thru a few to get a good one but this one keeps on ticking.

25-Jul-19
wildgame innovations

25-Jul-19
Guys.. EXODUS. Their trek model is a fantastic camera with a FIVE year no question warranty. With promo codes they are $130, but GUARANTEED for 5 years! $26 a year and it’s guaranteed. They also have theft replacement at 50% off. Great company. Check them out. Cannot beat the warranty

25-Jul-19
I agree with what ELKMAN said, don't buy Spypoint. I have been very disappointed with their cameras.

I have 2 primos proof cams, got em for like $40 a piece at TSC. Great pics. I like my wildgame innovations cam also.

26-Jul-19
The Browning strike force cameras are about $115 at our sportsmans. I use a $10 off coupon and get them for about $105, so yeah I would call that pretty close to $100 dollar camera...

26-Jul-19
Agree they tend to be hit or miss. I will second the above on Covert.....their customer service is very good.

30-Jul-19
I’ve had good results with Moultrie, Primos, and Stealthcam. I like Stealthcams the best for their simplicity and battery life. I run the P series 12,14,and 18 and buy what I can when they’re on sale. Often times I get the refurb models off of Camofire for as low as $35! The PX18 package with card and batteries can be found for around $85 and is a great buy. I’ve had many of my cams for 5-10 years and they’re still going strong. Unfortunately I deal with a high rate of theft and lose quite a few every year. For that reason I’ll never spend over $100 on a cam. It gets even more pricey when you add in a steel box, cable lock, and padlock and then find all of them damaged.

30-Jul-19
I was making homer cams before I got into store-bought cams. IMO one thing to consider is what do you want the cam to do? If you just want to see what is there during preseason, a short time period, maybe crowded public land, etc, most cheaper cams that can take a decent pic can get the job done. If you plan on using the cam most of the year, then stepping up to a little higher quality cam is in order. If you use the cam most of the year and want as much target info as possible, then a cam that is of great quality and hi-res HD video is in order. If you're on private land where things are relatively safe and the cam will be there for a while, consider a great quality cam that can take a solar power supply. My useless two cents....

30-Jul-19
My Browning was junk. Last 2.5 years. I've got a Moultrie M80 that is still going strong. That's a pretty old camera. I'd try a Moultrie again.

30-Jul-19
I’ve had good luck with primos proof cam gen 2

30-Jul-19
Primos 2.0 mentioned above are wonderful for the money. Basic but great pics and pretty quick trigger time. I bought several on e-bay 2 years ago for $30!! I also have a couple Brownings and again basic but good pics. I rarely use them only on public land hnts out of state for a quick survey! Shawn

29-Aug-19
Browning Strike Force is a great camera for the money. I own 15 of them, outperform my moultrees and primos cameras in both pic quality and trigger speed.

29-Aug-19
Stick did you format the SD card?

29-Aug-19
Love the bushnell cams for $100

30-Aug-19
I've had good fortune with my Primos cams

Good luck, Robb

30-Aug-19
Thinking about picking up one of these -

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/trail-cameras-feeders/trail-cameras-accessories/pc/104791680/c/104767380/sc/103867380/redhead-strata-blackout-cts-bow/3007354.uts?slotId=4#tabsCollection

30-Aug-19

Hh76's Link
Just bought one of these. Nice and small, and with the ball mount, it's simple to hang and position. Haven't had it in the woods yet, just playing in the yard. Seems to take decent pictures.

30-Aug-19
Cabelas has this Primos 'Auto Pilot Low-glow' for $100 - anybody used one?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/trail-cameras-feeders/trail-cameras-accessories/pc/104791680/c/104767380/sc/103867380/primos-trail-camera-auto-pilot-low-glow/3243690.uts?slotId=5

30-Aug-19
I got a stealth cam from camofire and it is good for the money. I'm not sure what I would try next, but it won't be wildgame innovations.

30-Aug-19
It’s not quite a $100 but at $189 I got the Browning Spec Ops Advantage and the video is top notch. I already like the camera better than all of my reconyx. When they stopped making the hyper fire I decided to go in another direction. The options and video on this camera are unreal.

The guys at trailcampro also give you a 2 year warranty plus a free 16gb SD card.

05-Dec-19
Need help. Need to find a game camera that can be set to only work during certain hours, like 8pm to 6am. Thoughts?

06-Dec-19
I've had the best luck with Browning Strike Force cameras. They take the best nighttime photos of any cameras I've owned (Stealth Cam, Primos, Moultrie, Bushnell). Cabelas has them on sale for $99 from time to time.

06-Dec-19
covert

26-Oct-20
Digging this back up. Amazon has some cheap cameras with high numbers of pretty good reviews. Any real world experience? My stealth cams suck. So many brands seem hit and miss, people hate em and others love em. Leaning toward browning, but interested in getting more cheaper cameras instead of fewer pricier ones if the odds are the

26-Oct-20
Digging this back up. Amazon has some cheap cameras with high numbers of pretty good reviews. Any real world experience? My stealth cams suck. So many brands seem hit and miss, people hate em and others love em. Leaning toward browning, but interested in getting more cheaper cameras instead of fewer pricier ones if the odds are the same.

26-Oct-20

JL's Link
Been buying these lately. Pretty good vids. I don't use them for the pics but the ones I got looked decent. The price is right. I got the 24MP and 30MP ones.

The 30MP one..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boly-Trail-Camera-Night-Vision-Hunting-Home-Security-Cams-30MP-Infrared-NO-Glow/303735223779?epid=21041551976&hash=item46b807b5e3:g:yRcAAOSwx9pfcad9

26-Oct-20
Look hard at the Tactacam Reveal, bought 5 at $99 each. Very pleased with the quality of the photos we're getting.

28-Oct-20
Browning hands down. DO NOT buy ANYTHING Spypoint.

28-Oct-20
Wildview is a good cheap camera, decent trigger speed and real nice pictures, bought mine at Atwoods. 25 bucks

28-Oct-20
For cheap cams I have had good luck with Moultries over the last 10 years. Never had good luck with Stealth cam.

A step above that I like Cuddeback and Browning.

28-Oct-20
For a $100, I’d be running three tasco’s.

Your OP insinuates that $100 is the price point that includes a better value versus less expensive models. Not so in my experience.

28-Oct-20
28 dollar tasco's at walmart are hard to beat. They will even take them back if you have any problem

28-Oct-20
X2 Reveal

28-Oct-20
I’ve been using Brownings the past couple of years, and am very pleased with them. You can usually catch them on sale for that $100 price point.

That said, I’ve heard a lot of positive things about the Reveals by Tactacam. Several friends have been using them and are impressed with them, so far.

28-Oct-20
Reveal tactacam

01-Nov-20
Tactacam reveal and the cabelas gen 3. I have had 0 issues and have 6-7 cabelas gen 3

01-Nov-20
I like Covert cams and the customer service. Their basic model is I think around 130.00. As far as support I’ve rarely needed it but when I have, was able to speak directly with their tech support and they stayed on the phone and worked on it until the problem was resolved.

01-Nov-20
Is there any model for under 100.00 that sends photos to your phone so you don’t need to bother going into the woods or are they more expensive

01-Nov-20

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I’m with WV if you want cheap go Tasco. I’ve been running the same two for three season now. Batteries last me for 20k-30k pictures if not more and the cameras haven’t had an issue. $28 at Walmart last I looked.

01-Nov-20

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear