Two Feathers 24-Jul-19
Tdiesel 24-Jul-19
Two Feathers 24-Jul-19
x-man 24-Jul-19
Two Feathers 26-Jul-19
Two Feathers 29-Jul-19
x-man 29-Jul-19
24-Jul-19
My 11 year old grandson was given a Parker Sidekick XP youth bow. It has an 18 - 28" adjustable draw length. The draw weight is an issue. From what I'm seeing on line draw weight should be 20 - 40 lbs but this bow's draw weight peaks out at 30 lbs. Not sure how old this bow is.

I guess my question is - did Parker make a 20 - 30 lb youth bow?

24-Jul-19

sdkhunter's embedded Photo
sdkhunter's embedded Photo
That bow's specs where changed over the years so it will depend which model year the bow is? Also keep in mind that on many of the youth bows, the MAX draw weight is variable to what its set at for draw length. So at 28" and limbs maxed it may be around #50. But limbs maxed out and set to 22" - is going to be less... Generally speaking - as your draw length increases on many of the youth bows, your potential max poundage also increases...

24-Jul-19
sdkhunter I thought the same thing but I weighed it @ 19" draw and the scale read 30 lbs. I changed the draw length to 28" and the draw weight was still 30 lbs.

24-Jul-19
I believe somewhere I had read they had a limb swap program I believe as the kid outgrew the weight they could go in and get a new set of limbs maybe that's wrong but I kinda thought that

24-Jul-19
I also read that. One could replace their 20 - 40 lb limbs with 40 - 60 lb limbs. Not for free but for a small fee. Then comes a big fee when I have to take it to the archery shop to have the limbs swapped out. Parker is out of business and that doesn't help. I think we will shop for another used kid's bow, one he can grow into but draw weight doesn't change with draw length.

24-Jul-19
There are two post options to attach the string to the cam. The "short setting" and the "long setting". Put the string on the long setting and it will increase the draw cycle, increasing the draw weight.

I sold lots of those. My daughter still uses hers today. PM me if you have specific questions. I believe I also have sets of limbs laying around from the limb-swap program.

26-Jul-19
A friend gave me a Bear kid's bow. I stripped everything off the Sidekick and put most on the Bear. The Sidekick is a better bow but my grandson likes the Bear cause the ATA is bit shorter and it's lighter to carry around. I will run the Sidekick into the archery shop and see about changing the short and long settings and getting some draw weight on this one. He will grow out of the Bear too soon.

29-Jul-19
Took the Sidekick into the bow shop today and changed the string on the string stops and we lost 10 pounds of draw weight.

29-Jul-19
Okay, so they were already on the long posts then... Must have the 30 pound limbs.

• Sitka Gear