badguybuster 27-Jul-19
AKBBC 28-Jul-19
White Falcon 28-Jul-19
ahunter76 29-Jul-19
x-man 29-Jul-19
Northstickhunter 01-Aug-19
24-Jul-19
I’m looking at buying different arrows.

What arrow would you suggest in the mid price range?

What do you pay for a dozen arrows?

24-Jul-19
Easton Axis 5mm. Best bang for your buck.

24-Jul-19
Don't go with the Axis then you will need deep 6 tips/broad heads and that will just cost you more. Unless you don't already have broad heads you are planning on using.

Gold Tip Hunters are good arrows.

But a lot of decent arrows out there. Find one that the grains per inch puts you in the total weight you want to shoot with your preferred broad head.

24-Jul-19
Axis 5mm x2 Don’t need deep 6 for these. Standard broadheads fit perfect

24-Jul-19
I used black eagle with my compound and gold tip traditionals with my recurve.

24-Jul-19
Victory VAP it Gold Tip pierce... both amazing hunting arrows for a pretty decent price...

25-Jul-19
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters for me, I have used them for years.

25-Jul-19

Scar Finga's Link
A really good read on carbon arrows, how they are made, and the differences in type, straightness and spine.

25-Jul-19
Match grade Axis 5mm....used since they’ve been around and have never had any issues

25-Jul-19
Gold Tip XT Hunters, Beman ICS Hunters, Easton Axis, Victory VForce Gamers.

25-Jul-19
^Scar....great article about arrows. I have wonder if over the years if carbon arrows have a point at which they just plain wear out from use. I've never seen a life-limit on arrows but I wouldn't be surprised if they loose some of their rigidity or straightness from long term use. I use camo Gold Tip Pros I've had around for a long time. Got some blanks that should still be good.

25-Jul-19
Another vote for Gold Tip Hunter XTs. Great durability.

25-Jul-19
Axis is my choice. Made in USA too. CX - GT - DCA - Victory.....not.

25-Jul-19
Victory V force and Easton axis

25-Jul-19
what is mid range price? I shoot Easton A/C/C.....about $150 a dozen for blanks? I have always considered them to be fairly expensive...especially after I put a BH on them.

25-Jul-19
I would also pose that straightness factors are largely irrelevant to we normal shooters. A 20% upcharge for another .002 of straightness will go unnoticed to the average guy.

Just sayin...

25-Jul-19
I just paid less then $60 for a dozen of Gold Tip bare shafts.

25-Jul-19
Beman ICS hunter shafts. Dozen of the .006 for $55 fletched. $65 for the .001’s. I use them for compound and read bows. They are the best bang for the buck considering they are half the price of Easton axis. Just as durable in my experience too.

25-Jul-19
Easton Axis!

25-Jul-19
I’m a Gold Tip fan. I may run some Axis to give something else a shot but GT Hunters seem to do well for me. Super Durable and consistent

25-Jul-19
Gold tip xt hunters here

25-Jul-19
JTV... I have been shooting FMJ 400 for the past few years. The last time I bought them was 2 yrs ago. I think I paid $150/dozen (???). Thunderhead 100 for bh. I mostly deer, black bear and turkey hunt and occasionally elk hunt. Scar- that was a good article. For the average hunter the high priced arrows doesn’t seem worth the extra $$$.

25-Jul-19
I've switched over to FMJ's and just tossed my last few carbon express arrows. I save a little money by just buying bare shafts and cutting them myself and fletching them. All I'm going to say about carbon arrows (or any kind really), is CHECK THEM FOR defects before each shot.

25-Jul-19
Victory Archery RIP's. A .204 diameter shaft that is as tough as they come. I shoot them out of both compound and stickbow, and love how they fly. I invested in a spine tester a few months ago, and if you don't have one, but spine aligned shafts. Shooting low grade arrows is basically buyer beware.

25-Jul-19
I use both Axis and GT Hunters in my compounds and stickbows. Haven't found a difference in flight or durability between the two so I shoot whatever is on sale.

25-Jul-19
another vote for GT Hunters here.

25-Jul-19
There are no bad carbon arrows out there that I have found. Hit your LBS and find something in your price range. The Beman hunters are, I think, as cheap as anything, and quite good. I'm shooting Gold Tip Kinetics, good arrow and I think in your price range as well.

26-Jul-19
Yup, Gold tip xt hunters, for many years - no issues!

26-Jul-19

ahunter76's embedded Photo
$40 to $60 a Dozen for the best arrow out there. XX75s, GameGetter Aluminums. Did high price Carbons 2 years & went back.. Try it, you'll like it. If you can keep it in the target "anywhere" you won't have any more damage than with a carbon. Hunting, they are the nuts & I have a couple Aluminums that have killed 5 animals each (not fragile). I use them for 3-D, Field & target also.

26-Jul-19
Nothing worse than buying a dozen arrows and after finishing only having half spin a Broadhead perfect. I’d rather buy .001 and have 10 or 11 spin perfect than .003 and have 7 spin perfect, or .006 and have 4 spin perfect. I do what I can, cut from both sides, square both sides, etc but you can’t polish a turd!

26-Jul-19
Me personally...what I did not like about alum shafts is mine would get dings/dents in them from other arrows. I feel carbons are more durable.

26-Jul-19
LOL, unless you are truly a great shot, I mean average 300 on a 300 round than 99% cannot tell the difference between .001 and .006. If they are cut square and inserts in square as I said most if anyone could tell. I have seen a world champion shoot a set of 50 dollar carbon and shoot 300 with all X's. I have shot GT's for a lot of years and I am now shooting GT Entrada's as I need a light weight shaft because I am shooting 190 grains of point weight and did not want a 500 grain arrow out of a 60# bow. 60 bucks a dozen and very good shaft. Shawn

26-Jul-19
^^^^ This ^^^^. Might be people who can see the difference. But, most aren't on here. However, you gotta shoot what makes you happy. Lots of choices.

As far as the broad heads not spinning on the lesser shafts, that is simply not correct in my experience.

And, one more thing. :^) Aluminum X7 alloy is as tough a shaft made as long as it doesn't glance. I loved the XX78's and, would still be shooting the X7's if they weren't 3 times the cost. Great over all arrow weight for a shorter 27" draw.

26-Jul-19
The best indoor target guys still shoot aluminum They shoot 2712's. I shot 2413's for 20 years but carbons outlast aluminum 10 to 1 when hunting. Hard to find a truly bad carbon these days. Shawn

26-Jul-19
No it's not JTV. It stands up to deflects better. However, when you Shoot it into something hard and it mushrooms the tip and the X7 doesn't, you will realize it is only more sturdy on some things.

27-Jul-19

Carbon, Aluminum in this mix. Shoot what makes you happy.

27-Jul-19
Iv never personally shot them yet anyway just ordered them but I’m impressed with the durability of my buddies gold tip hunters. The other night he glanced one off the side of the target and his dad ran it over with a tractor before we found it, didn’t trust it enough to keep shooting it but in flexing it it didn’t have any cracks.

27-Jul-19
ahunter....maybe it's my weird sense of observation and humor but the first second or two I looked at your pic I thought you were getting ready to give that buck a reach around. Great shooting by the way.

27-Jul-19
I really like the Carbon Express Maxima Reds

28-Jul-19
Black Eagle Rampage and GT XT Hunters in 340 for me.

28-Jul-19
Amazon, and they have Black Eagle's. I have been shooting their carbon's $28.00 a dozen for two years now and no issues . Have 2 dozen, very well made.

Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow Practice Hunting Arrows with Removable Tips for Compound & Recurve Bow(Pack of 12) Tiger Archery 30Inch Carbon Arrow Practice Hunting Arrows with Removable Tips for Compound & Recurve Bow(Pack of 12) 4.1 out of 5 stars 300 $28.89 FREE Delivery Wed, Jul 31 https://www.amazon.com/s?k=carbon+hunting+arrows&ref=nb_sb_noss

29-Jul-19
no reach around. That's one of my kids hunting buddies. I'm nearly twice their age.

29-Jul-19
I hope he doesn't shoot real deer that far back...

01-Aug-19
I guess it really depends what kind of bow you shoot and what you want to achieve from an arrow. There’s a heck of a difference between an ultra fast compound and recurves and longbows.95% of the time I shoot longbows and recurves and when I do shoot compounds it linger ATA bows with fingers. To me nothing beats aluminum . The weight to spine ratio is perfect. I find carbons way to light in weight for the spine I want, without loading up the front with 300 or grains or more .Aluminums are the straightest and most precise period . As far as aluminum being for cans ,I guess Howard Hill ,Fred Bear and Chuck Adams don’t know anything about archery or bow hunting ,yea right lol

• Sitka Gear