>>>---WW----> 25-Jul-19
>>>---WW----> 25-Jul-19
Brotsky 25-Jul-19
coelker 25-Jul-19
KSflatlander 25-Jul-19
Franklin 25-Jul-19
cnelk 25-Jul-19
24-Jul-19
So I have a brand new Mathews Vertix. I like the feel of the bow, but I bought it at a shop right before I moved. Got it set up close to right. But last night I got it out to start slinging arrows nonstop between now and season.

The issue is about 30 of the time the peep is rotated and I can’t see through or barely, then other times it seems good. I have tried moving it up and down and the move move the twist a bit, but still seems like it is not straight...

Any suggestion? Do I need a peep that uses the surgical chord to stay straight?

24-Jul-19
Do you have a D loop? If so, line it up with your peep.

24-Jul-19
You could try and move your string loop for peep alignment

24-Jul-19
Your string and cable are stretching. This is normal. Press the bow, remove the string and twist the string in the same direction as current twist. Shoot the bow another 100 times and you may need to repeat the process. The string will finally stop stretching enough to affect the peep.

24-Jul-19
Sorry....I meant to add that a couple of twists should be sufficient to align your peep sight.

24-Jul-19
I bet you got a subpar string and its stretching. Shoot it a bunch more, and order a good one. Keep the old one for backup

24-Jul-19
Sorry....I meant to add that a couple of twists should be sufficient to align your peep sight.

24-Jul-19
Get 150/200 shots on the string and bring it back to the shop to get it all lined back up and straight... possibly they may have to put a twist in the string... after that hopefully you should be good...

24-Jul-19
Shootin a triax, had to take it in and have the string twisted a couple of times, just the way it is i guess. I shoot alot.

24-Jul-19
A good string won’t turn after the first arrow shot thru the bow. Custom string makers are a dime a dozen it seems; really good ones are 1 in 1000. If it stretches or you need to put 200 shots thru it, it’s not a high end string.

25-Jul-19
For now use your D-loop to re-align your peep as others have mentioned. You said you were able to move your peep....is your peep tied in properly?

25-Jul-19
Get a good string and cables.

25-Jul-19
When I get a new string installed at my shop it is normal for the string to stretch a tad after 100 shots or so and the peep doesn't align. They put a 1/2 twist and all is good. These are custom strings from reputable builders. I actually have a bow to pick up tonight that I just had JBK strings put on so will see how the peep rotation holds up over the next few weeks.

25-Jul-19
Since you just moved this would be a great time to find a new archery shop near you. Go in and get to know the guys while they help you get your bow set up. Ask lots of questions while your there. You'll not only come out with a tuned up bow but new knowledge.

25-Jul-19
The issue, quoting as you described it: "The issue is about 30 of the time the peep is rotated and I can’t see through or barely, then other times it seems good."

.....that would not be string stretch. Constant change back and forth like that, would mean something else is occurring. Hard to guess what that is. Are you are using a string type D-loop? Describe the rest of your set-up and others may be able to guide you better.

25-Jul-19
https://www.youtube.com/user/grttaxi

25-Jul-19
Go to Bowtuningtips.com. Great info on just about anything you need to know

25-Jul-19
Whatever you do DO NOT use a peep that requires tubing. Ugh...hate those! Lots of solutions provided above. Set your peep height properly, tie it in very securely, align your D loop correctly, then twist the string to align your peep and you should never need to touch it again.

25-Jul-19
So some more info...

So it is a new vertix, shooting a D-Ring... I found about every 3-4th shot the dring was starting to move a bit but not enough to account for the issue.

I am checking a few things, but I feel like part of it is user error. I am going to add a kisser button tonight. I feel like my anchor is flaoting around and causing me issues...

Thanks for replies... I will keep you posted.

25-Jul-19
I have a new Vertix and it did the same thing. Took to the shop. They put it on a bow press and twisted the string...problem solved.

25-Jul-19
If you are using a D-ring you definitely have something else going on. Those are better at holding a peep aligned than a string loop.

25-Jul-19
Be sure the tag ends of the clinch knots of the D loop are on opposite sides of the string. If they are on the same side it will cause the string to turn ever so slightly when the bow is drawn.

Don’t ask me how I found that out. :)

• Sitka Gear