Hessticles 25-Jul-19
South Farm 26-Jul-19
Inshart 26-Jul-19
Hessticles 27-Jul-19
badguybuster 27-Jul-19
24-Jul-19

Hessticles's embedded Photo
Landowner where I hunt called the other day and said a nice buck got hit on the highway and was still alive in the ditch but couldnt move. I hauled ass there and noticed his back half was paralyzed and atleast 1 broken from leg. Called a friend that is a biologist and reported it and got a salvation tag and put him out of his misery. Bad thing is we were on our way home from fishing and had no gun, landowner had no gun either, so I had to use my benchmade and stabbed him in the heart and he expired fast. Sad deal but atleast he wasnt suffering anymore.

24-Jul-19

The same night he was hit on the highway.

25-Jul-19

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
You'll be needing a box of this!

25-Jul-19
Dang what a shame,,, good man for stepping up..

25-Jul-19
That sucks all the way around. Strong work doing what needed to be done. Would have been a good one to chase in a couple months.

25-Jul-19
I’ve had to put a couple down. Once I was in high school and running my trap line. I was maybe a sophomore and came upon a car full of upper classman that had just hit a buck. One of the girls asked me to do something. I’m sure she thought I was a heartless sob when I got my .22 out of the truck.

25-Jul-19
UGH that sucks. I killed a couple deer with a knife and hate it. But would have to do it. bummer not to be able to pursue that one. Looks to be pretty mature. Love the eye guard.

25-Jul-19
Man I wish I had that dude to mount! Ive always wanted to practice on a velvet buck.

25-Jul-19
I'm glad you did what needed to be done. So many people wouldn't have. I hope he didn't go to waste.

25-Jul-19
Yes definitely sucks but it had to be done!

26-Jul-19
Not to part hairs, but technically it wasn't a "roadkill" until you stabbed it in the heart. lol!

26-Jul-19
A few years ago, about 9:00AM, I responded to a call of an injured deer right in the middle of town. Pulled up and a nice big doe was laying right in the middle of the road with broken back.

As soon as I grabbed her by the front leg to pull her out of the lane of traffic and she started to blat.

OMG I have never heard a deer blat so loud in my life -- of course several cars pulled over to watch. One guy finally came over and helped me pull her the rest of the way off the road and up onto the grass in front of a business.

She continued to blat the entire time. Every year we have to dispatch several injured deer around town -- first time right in the business area.

From start to finish - pulled up until I put the barrel of my service revolver to her head was about 2 minutes.

I kill deer every year while hunting, but having to take care of an injured deer along the road (for me) REALLY sucks!

Kudos to you Hess, for getting there as quick as you could and not letting the deer suffer any longer than necessary.

27-Jul-19
Ya the poor guy bawled like crazy when I got close to him

27-Jul-19
Be a nice Velvet mount

• Sitka Gear