Vonfoust 26-Jul-19
APauls 26-Jul-19
Aces11 26-Jul-19
Grunt-N-Gobble 26-Jul-19
Rob in VT 26-Jul-19
TREESTANDWOLF 26-Jul-19
standswittaknife 27-Jul-19
25-Jul-19
So When I first started shooting the only way I got a consistent anchor was using a kisser. Of course I was in high school and new etc. I shot with one for 10 years until I got my mathews switch back and with that bow I never needed a kisser. I was/still am able to nail my anchor.

My new bow is a Vertix and last night shooting I noticed that my anchor was all over again. I was running my string the same place on tip of nose every time, but felt like my anchor was slightly different. I feel like I need to go to a kisser until I get the feel and muscle memory built with my new bow...

Any thoughts?

25-Jul-19
I had one back in the 1990's for a while but I have found different ways to anchor and be consistent. I for sure have anchor points that act just the same as a kisser.

25-Jul-19
Kisser to initially learn where to hold... and then got rid of it once I had my technique down.

25-Jul-19
I use one, rarely think about it but it's on there.

25-Jul-19
I use one and its automatic for me. I dont think about it either, but I'm way more consistent with one than without.

25-Jul-19
i'm with brotsky, still have one. Use it all the time but rarely remember its one there.

25-Jul-19
I tie on a serving knot that hits the corner of my mouth

25-Jul-19
I use one.

25-Jul-19
I use one and find it gives me confidence on my anchor, especially on less than ideal shooting positions.

25-Jul-19
No kisser for me. I've found that my release hand on my jaw, tip of the nose on the string, and, IMO the most important, lining up my peep with the circular pin guard on my sight is enough to ensure consistency. The kisser button was more beneficial to me when shooting without a peep and without the circular pin guards. Now that we've got them, I find a kisser as superfluous.

25-Jul-19
Bigeasygator X2

25-Jul-19
i will always have one.. take the rear sight off a gun and see if it makes a difference.

25-Jul-19
I use one as well.

25-Jul-19
" take the rear sight off a gun and see if it makes a difference"

The rear sight on a bow would be your peep, not a kisser.

For me, string to the tip of the nose, a knuckle on either side of the jaw, center the sight housing in the peep. No need for a kisser.

25-Jul-19
just an extra sting silencer also. i use both a kisser and a peep!

25-Jul-19
I don't want to offend anyone but, if you have a peep, you should be touching the string to the tip of your nose. All a kisser does is weigh down your string. Totally unnecessary.

25-Jul-19
Not offended in the least, but I have a peep and my string doesn't touch my nose. My knuckle hits the same place on my jaw every draw.

25-Jul-19
I don't use a kisser button. I use a little rubber button. It's just a hair bigger than a brass knock point. I really probably don't need it, as I use the tip of the nose and the sight housing centered in the peep. I don't even notice it to tell the truth

However, I may need to change that. At longer ranges, with my slider, it significantly alters the view, and I think the kisser may be more important as a reference

25-Jul-19
I use the tip of my nose too, but it points a little left due to a situation when I was younger, so I use a kisser button also. Unlike Jaq, I've found it's the only kiss I ever get!

25-Jul-19
I use a big magnum peep to minimize the low light disadvantage, but my form is exactly as x-man describes. The string goes right over my nose....it's for sure an anchor point for me as is the knuckle of my index finger on my release hand.

25-Jul-19
I could live with or without, but usually run one. Don't really need it on the target range. But in real life mountain-hunting scenarios, with steep angles, leaning out or squatting to shoot, heavy brush, low light, fast action, and etc, I believe it gets me on anchor with the peep centered up a little faster and more reliably. It is for those reasons I continue to use one on my hunting set-ups.

25-Jul-19
Yep...like has been said, pretty much automatic....but I consider it anchor insurance.

25-Jul-19
I use a kisser and a peep. Tried to go away from it a few years ago and it just didn't feel right. Been using one for 30 years

25-Jul-19
I don't use one, peep and string touching the tip of my nose works well for me.

25-Jul-19
I use a kisser and a no-peep.

25-Jul-19
I totally changed my shooting style since last deer season and had to go with a kisser button to re-enforce my new anchor. I actually like it and i increased my draw by an inch as well. Shawn

25-Jul-19
X2 Huntman, a small kisser made of serving doesn’t slow the bow. I put a dab of superglue on it also.

25-Jul-19
Another user here.

25-Jul-19
I do. And, always will with a compound.

25-Jul-19
kisser no peep.

25-Jul-19
I've never used one yet, but have though about it.

25-Jul-19
Cool. So I have my old switchback no kisser just peep and my anchor is amazing and consistent all the time. Even when sitting, kneeling etc.

I asked because the only way I have any confidence now with my Vertix is with a kisser. So far my groups are coming along nicely...

I was having prep issues, issues with my glasses etc. anchor issues. Putting the peel on made all but my glasses issue got away

25-Jul-19
Don’t use one... String to the corner of the mouth and tip of nose is all I’ve needed...

26-Jul-19
No. Split my fingers with a handheld release, anchor in the corner of my jaw. Which release r u using?

26-Jul-19
Nope

26-Jul-19
In my younger days I shot with a kisser and no peep. It wasn't until my mid fifties that I added a peep to "tighten" my groups.

26-Jul-19
Never really thought of not having one. Just one more helper that doesn't hurt anything for me.

26-Jul-19
Never used one. My tip of my nose is bigger after breaking my nose 2 weeks ago wonder if it will affect my anchor.

26-Jul-19
Always used a peep, never used a kisser.

26-Jul-19
I use a brass nock as a kisser. Simple and easy to adjust if necessary.

26-Jul-19
Sure do.

26-Jul-19
I asked this very question here on Bowsite.

I removed it and use a 3 point anchor.

Tip of my nose, jaw line and peep.

There is nothing wrong with using one or not, seems to be a personal preference thing.

27-Jul-19
I’m a kisser button guy.. I’m so much more accurate with it, it’s a no brained for me...

• Sitka Gear