Tonybear61 27-Jul-19
Tonybear61 27-Jul-19
Grey Ghost 27-Jul-19
ground hunter 27-Jul-19
Sivart 28-Jul-19
Paul@thefort 28-Jul-19
Ucsdryder 28-Jul-19
25-Jul-19
I know a lot probably just throw the string around their neck like a pair of binoculars. I was just seeing if there’s something I haven’t thought of. Last season I’d just put it in a spotting scope pocket on my pack. That didn’t work well as my budy would have to get it out for me every time. I see Phelps has a bugle holster. Anyone have a solution other than the obvious strap around the neck or over the shoulder?

25-Jul-19
In my pack. Very seldom use it.

25-Jul-19
I have a lanyard that goes around my neck with enough slack to poke the small end in a spot on my pack frame belt between the belt and pack where a load stabilizing strap is. I like to have it very handy.

25-Jul-19
On the outside of my pack where I can just pull it out without taking the pack off.

25-Jul-19
I put the string across my body and then tuck the big end in one of the small side pocket on the bottom of my sg pack. That way it isn't bouncing around all over the place and it is easy to grab

25-Jul-19
I took the rope off mine and replaced it with a small diameter bungee cord. It works waaaayyyyyy better. You can keep it close to your body while walking or pull it around and call with it while it’s still attached to you. It’s the little things.....

25-Jul-19
Loop on my pack belt. Comes out easy and goes in easy which is nice because unlike Osage, I blow the crap out of that thing!

25-Jul-19
I use the elk power bugle. I use a rope that goes under one arm and over the other shoulder. The tube is cross ways on my back with mouth piece down.

When I bugle I slide it up and call then slide it back to my back... Always keeps my hands free but can bugle almost instantly when I want...

25-Jul-19
My grunt tube has a cord attached to both ends. I simply sling it over my head so it’s under my left arm. It’s right there when I want it. Full disclosure: I use a small, flexible tube that I can easily maneuver, rather than one that resembles a wiffleball bat. Been doing it this way for nearly 35yrs and haven’t had a reason to change.

25-Jul-19

25-Jul-19
Lanyard tied to the top of my pack. It'll be under my left arm if I feel I'll need it.

I also use a small tube, like wyobullshooter.

25-Jul-19
Like Osage

25-Jul-19
I use the gun scabbard on my eberlestock pack. It’s like it was made for my bugle tube. Never in the way but always a quick short reach away for when I need it. I do use the Phelps wiffle bat style and it works flawlessly.

25-Jul-19
LUNGSHOT, my comment wasn’t meant as a shot at those that use a wiffleball bat tube. I use one for contests, but the one time I tried it in the woods, it was a PITA! Bottom line, use what works for you.

25-Jul-19
The upshot to a wiffle ball bat is you can always use it to whack pine cones when things are slow.. :-)

25-Jul-19
Exactly like Coelk. Works great.

25-Jul-19
I tie mine to a D ring on the side of my pack with about 24" of cord. I carry it stuck in under the buckle on the back of my badlands 2200. With one hand I can reach behind me and pull it out and stick it back in. I left too many of them laying around when they weren't attached!

25-Jul-19
in my pack.

25-Jul-19
Fits nice in the water bottle pouch on the outside of my pack, I can pull it out or stow it without taking off my pack.

25-Jul-19
In the rifle scabbard pocket in my eberlestock pack. I lost one out of there a few years back so I run a buckle through the string now...

25-Jul-19
I carry it in the left pocket at waist height that is meant for a water bottle, higher up near top of Exo Pack I have a horizontal strap that secures top of bugle at mouthpiece end. I can grab it & pull it out with one hand while still wearing pack.

My Bugle is my most important tool I own, I'd leave anything behind before I left that!

ElkNut/Paul

25-Jul-19
Over the shoulder. tucked under my arm into the waist belt. It's right where it needs to be when I need it.

I Agree and Never leave home without my tube!

Accept that time I forgot my tube on a weekend hunt. That sent me into high anxiety briefly but I had what I needed to fabricate one and the hunt was on.

26-Jul-19
Bend-able products bugle tube holder.

26-Jul-19
No offense taken at all Wyo! For years I used the Berry Thunder Bugle which is similar to a small piece of irrigation tubing (also a great bugle for beginners). And yes Lou is spot on with the whackin pine cones when things are slow! Lol.

26-Jul-19
I'm going to order a Bend-able tube holder, seems like a good way to carry

26-Jul-19
Didn’t see anything to revolutionary. I will definitely be changing my lanyard to a bungee one. Most of you that store it on a side pouch of your back must be more flexible than me. I can’t get around there without taking my pack off. I’ve never been accused of being flexible though. I’ll try the hip straps as well.

26-Jul-19
I'm still using the tube Abe Meline gave me and the one from Elknut. Both are slung over my shoulder, but they rest on top of the pack, easy to pull down and use.

26-Jul-19
I put mine on my crank. Have to use the big end. :)

26-Jul-19
I am like Rob but only on my right side, I am a lefty. I would rather have it to were I can get to it fast.

27-Jul-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
A buddy gave me a Bendable Products bugle tube holder as a gift. I like it.

27-Jul-19

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Long string to hold the two that I zip-tied together. It was placed diagonally across my body to stay behind me, or under my arm out of the way. Drew a lot of attention from the kids while practicing..

27-Jul-19

Tried as I could, just couldn't get this guy or his buddies in range.

Looking to go back out there now that my kid is getting older.

27-Jul-19
I carry a wiffle ball bat. How, depends on what I use for a pack. My fanny pack has an upper flap that buckles down. It's makes a perfect holster for my tube. I can quickly pull the tube out, or replace it, without removing the fanny pack. If I use a back pack, the tube fits nicely behind the compression straps on one side.

Regardless of how I carry my tube, one thing is certain. I will inevitably leave the damn thing laying on the ground, and won't realize it until I'm miles away.

Matt

27-Jul-19
I used a lot of them in the 80's and 90's,,,,,, since I have to hunt now public land OTC do not waste my time with them anymore,,,,, there are so many morons blowing on them things, my area,, they are pretty educated.....

cow call,, and going in silent is what I do now

28-Jul-19
CNELK that looks very interesting..... Which size did you get? I have that same bugle.

28-Jul-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
longer bugle--easy storage and easy within reach

I also have a very short one that when doubled over /fits into a side cargo pants pocket.

28-Jul-19

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
My Kifaru has a strap that runs along the belt. Seems unnecessary. I put in a stitch at the right size and it makes a great holder. Wrap the bugle cord around the belt so it won’t lose itself! Easy 1 handed in and out.

• Sitka Gear