SDHNTR(home) 21-Aug-19
Ace 21-Aug-19
JayZ 21-Aug-19
standswittaknife 22-Aug-19
Eric Vaillancourt 22-Aug-19
WoodMoose 22-Aug-19
25-Jul-19

JSW's Link
The Pope and Young Club has partnered with Yukon Stone Outfitters on a raffle for an unbelievable moose hunt. This raffle is a little out of the ordinary and takes a little effort to qualify. This project is intended to promote the social media platform Trophy Profile along with P&Y. 100% of the raffle proceeds go to P&Y. As of right now, we have not sold a lot of tickets. In other words, if you take the time to purchase a ticket or 3 and comply with the rules, your odds of winning an unbelievable moose hunt in the Yukon are very good. They are $50 a ticket. Click the link and take a serious look at this opportunity. It takes about 30 minutes to register and create some profiles.

25-Jul-19
good Program

25-Jul-19
Process seems cumbersome and not explained well. I think they need much more "upfront" info as to what is required. Many folks don't want to register to find out what they have to do to complete qualifying. JMO as a senior.

26-Jul-19
They did something similar for a stones hunt with AK WSF two years ago. Seems like a cumbersome process but if it saves the organization tens of thousands from purchasing the hunt outright for simply promoting this Facebook for hunters, then so be it. I don’t see the big deal. If I didn’t hunt moose annually I’d certainly buy tickets. I may buy one anyway!

26-Jul-19
Gonna try it..

26-Jul-19
I went through with it and bought a ticket. Took a little time, but of I win it'll be worth it.

26-Jul-19
So what is involved ? Registering interest in becoming a member of Trophy Profile.... and registering 5 of your trophies....??

What does that mean ?? What if a guy has never killed anything.... or only killed 2 or 3 animals...... can he still buy a raffle ticket ?

26-Jul-19
I’m still trying...

26-Jul-19
Doing this on your phone is a pain.. i purchased Tickets but will have to complete the rest when on a pc..

26-Jul-19
How many tickets are being sold?

26-Jul-19
This outfitter also owns a website they are trying to promote that is a social media platform for hunters. Similar vibe to a Facebook site. People can map where they have hunted, upload photo albums and stories from trips, etc. in attempts to promote this site, they are donating hunts to conservation orgs for free, with the requirement that ticket purchasers have to register and check out their site. Win win for both sides.

I admittedly haven’t been on the site since the day I registered early 2018 for the stone sheep raffle, but I don’t see anything nefarious about the requirement. Hope P&Y does really well off of the raffle!

26-Jul-19
I’m not worried about it being nefarious Trevor..... I’m worried about navigating through it. I’m a technologically impaired web surfer. Maybe I can get my 12 year old to help me.... ha !!!

26-Jul-19
It looks like you also have a mandatory 3 yr sign up to P&Y too.

26-Jul-19
I looked at this. Far too much effort and I'm definitely not interested in registering my harvests on any type of social media. I'm skeptical that there will be much of a turnout. Likely very good odds if you do bother going through all the trouble.

26-Jul-19
I looked into it about a year ago, but never got any further. Could be a good fit for a lot of hunters.

27-Jul-19
I’m not a paperwork guy. If someone said fill out this hundred page form and we’ll give you 5 grand I’d say keep it. They should give you the option to pay $100 instead of $50 to skip the whole registration thing. It’s looong. I’m out.

29-Jul-19
finished it... overall wasn't too bad and a pretty cool website...

29-Jul-19
Too much hassle.......

29-Jul-19
For the life of me I cant get any pictures to up load

29-Jul-19
If this website is to go anywhere they need to change the name so the goggle search doenst bring up 26 PSN Pages first

05-Aug-19
Thanks everyone for looking at this. For those who don't want to register a trophy you can just post scouting pictures and tell a short story. I can be done without a single picture of you or an animal. I realize it is a hassle but that's the point. They are trying to get this platform viable and are dangling that carrot to get it done. I've been on it since April and it can be very interesting and informative.

I agree with Trail. You google trophyprofile.com and it doesn't even come up on the first page. Don't worry though, google does not censor anyone, I say as I hold up my sarcasm sign.

Good luck to everyone who purchased a ticket.

05-Aug-19
As you are entering a "profile" there is a calculator on the corner that shows what percentage you have reached. The first one might take 5 to 8 minutes. After that it's only a few minutes per profile since you would have created some drop downs on the equipment and gear portion. I'm sure I didn't spend 30 minutes doing all of them. It seems like your percentage isn't going up very fast and then suddenly you are there. It asks for things like number of points, horn length, score, estimated, official and then entered or not. Type of bow, you can enter any number of gear categories, DIY or guided, private or public. What puts you over the top on the 80% requirement is a short story of the hunt. One or 2 sentences is enough. Feel free to look at some of my profiles under Jim Willems

05-Aug-19
I did it, good way to support the club

18-Aug-19
2 days left.

18-Aug-19
They took my money without filling out the trophy profile information. Am I entered? Anyone else do this? How do I get my money back if I am not entered in the raffle?

18-Aug-19
Same thing happened to me !!

18-Aug-19
Now you need to go on trophyprofile.com and qualify. If you don't do that and your name get's drawn, you are not eligible to win. That was the deal when we accepted this offer. It cost's nothing but time to qualify after you have purchased a ticket. The instructions are fairly clear but if you have trouble understanding the process, send me a PM.

It would be really sad if your name gets drawn for a $25,000 hunt and you are not "qualified" to win. I'm not certain, but I expect if a name gets drawn that is not on the trophyprofile list, they will pick another name. The reason P&Y was offered this opportunity was to get more people signed up to trophyprofile.

18-Aug-19
Why can’t they just sell the raffle tickets?

Seems like too much BS

18-Aug-19
Mac, I didn't jump the (small) hoops either, but I'm sure not mad at them for running their raffle their way. Somebody is going to have the hunt of a lifetime for fifty bucks and half hour work!!

18-Aug-19
The Club doesn't get many good hunts donated without some strings attached. All outfitters want to get the most from every donation whether it be maximum exposure, expenses covered or something else. This is no different. Instead of asking for a split or some of the expenses paid, Yukon Stone wanted to use this platform to promote trophyprofile.

We will have other raffles coming soon where we will just sell raffle tickets for an exact amount with no strings attached. I realize this is something new but it's still an opportunity for someone to go on a great hunt. In the end, one lucky bowhunter who took the time to buy a ticket and fill out a profile will go moose hunting in the Yukon next year. You are free to choose whether to do it or not.

Look at it this way. On the standard raffle for a high end hunt an organization like P&Y would have to pay some of the expenses, maybe half, to get a hunt like this. On this hunt, you, the purchaser, pays those expenses with his labor. The end result is more in the coffers of P&Y to use to ensure the future of bowhunting. Taking the time to fill out a profile is a donation to the Club.

That is the epitome of the free market system. No one forces you to part with your time or money. You decide whether it's worth it or not. To me, it's worth the effort. Just don't wait until the last minute.

19-Aug-19

AFLO's Link
Thanks JSW for starting this thread and thank you to everyone who has participated in the P&Y Moose Hunt Raffle and joined or even considered if it is worthwhile to join TrophyProfile.

By way of introduction, I am the owner of Yukon Stone Outfitters and have also recently launched TrophyProfile (and I'm also a first-time poster to bowsite!!). I started TrophyProfile out of dissatisfaction with what was happening in today's social media with regard to hunters and hunting. Facebook, Instagram, and the like are too open to the general public thereby subjecting people to uninvited criticism and sometimes threats, content seems very temporary and fleeting, and the design certainly isn't geared toward sportsmen. As such, TrophyProfile is designed as an invite-only platform (presumably members won't be inviting others to join who don't belong there) with the capability to preserve your hunting and fishing memories in a very detailed way so as to function something like a lifelong archive of your adventures. Some folks find the invite-only aspect and detailed information entry "cumbersome" but I assure you it is for the purpose of creating a safe and enduring place to document and share (if you choose to) your hunting and fishing content online.

I'm grateful for the Pope & Young club for having the foresight to partner up on this Moose Hunt Giveaway with Yukon Stone and TrophyProfile. As JSW says, it is a different way to run a raffle, but for those who do choose to participate, it will give some lucky person tremendous odds on winning. Also remember, that this is a 100% donation to Pope & Young with the proceeds benefiting their Conservation, Education, and Outreach programs...it's for a good cause.

If you're interested in participating in the raffle and receiving an invitation to join TrophyProfile, click on the link in this message and register there.

Thank you again for your consideration.

19-Aug-19
Thank you Aaron... I'm in for three.... Ed F

20-Aug-19
anyone know how many they've sold already?

20-Aug-19
When you don't even own a cell phone it pretty much eliminates the opportunity eh!

20-Aug-19
I normally like a lot of hurdles as thins the crowd. In this case, too convoluted with poor design when allows you to spend money before are qualified to win. That is crappy. You can say, "Well, that is just how it had to be because look at how a charity benefits." I say, Poor design and flawed logical flow when have to qualify after pay for a gambling ticket which may be null and void is inexcusable. Everyone involved is tainted to me for not clearly laying out the process on the home page and only allowing the purchase transaction to complete once are qualified and verified as eligible to win.

21-Aug-19
Congrats to the winner! I had 3 tickets as well and was sure I was going to win:) Oh well, next time!! Thanks Aaron and PY for the opportunity!!

Matt

21-Aug-19
Congrats to Richard Sean Buckley on winning the tag. I'm sure he's happy that he took the effort. I know I would be.

21-Aug-19
In response to the complaints written above. I attached a link that fairly clearly states what is required to qualify for this drawing. I posted 4 explanations on what was expected as questions showed up. On my first post, I informed everyone that it would take about 30 minutes to qualify. I stated from the beginning that this was not an ordinary drawing. Thanks to everyone who took the time to qualify and make a donation to P&Y.

21-Aug-19
Congrats to the winner, I was in for the three tickets! Would be curious to know what the true odds were for this. I'd guess there weren't that many tickets in the pot and those that were in had great odds. Thanks for putting this together!

21-Aug-19
Thank you for the chance. I too had bought 3 chances. It is for a very good cause so I am glad I tried.

21-Aug-19
It’s always a good thing when someone wants to donate something to P&Y to help out a great organization. So thank you to the outfitter that donated the hunt. But when strings are attached to said donation and the organization has given up control of its name...it can come back to bite you.

It would be welcomed information to know how much money P&Y earned from this for allowing the outfitter to use there members to launch his platform?

21-Aug-19
Congrats to winner. I was in for a hundred

21-Aug-19
Love Pope and Young and donate and participate in raffles regularly, but as soon as I heard this one was related to the words "social media", I'm out. Just the sound of it and the confusion described here kept me from even attempting it. I too would be curious to see the metrics on this vs a typical donation/raffle.

21-Aug-19
Does the TrophyProfile site have a Community Forum?

21-Aug-19
No community forum.

IMO, Trophy Profile will need to be become much much more user friendly to stay viable. I went to it on my phone and couldn't even figure out how to log-in.

22-Aug-19
Was sure i was going to win.. I’d like to see the site a little more user friendly but I’m sure as it evolves it will.

22-Aug-19
I did not enter because of the hoops.

22-Aug-19
Congrats to Richard Sean Buckley.,,was sure it was gonna be me!! But the Hunting God must have realized how busy my falls are for a year or two and said "let someone else win"!!

Hope he kills a big'un

• Sitka Gear