Ucsdryder 28-Jul-19
T Mac 28-Jul-19
nmwapiti 28-Jul-19
'Ike' (Phone) 29-Jul-19
Adventurewriter 29-Jul-19
BULELK1 29-Jul-19
PREZ 29-Jul-19
25-Jul-19
Man oh man, September always takes forever to arrive and then it’s all of a sudden here!

What do you have left to do to prep for your hunt? Anything to buy?

I haven’t shot Broadheads yet. I’m shooting well with field points, but I need to get the Broadheads out to make sure there are no surprises. I’m hitting legs hard trying to build muscle and still hiking as much as possible.

25-Jul-19
About where you are, John. Shooting a lot but no broadheafs yet. Don't expect that to be an issue since no chages. Hiking and climbing hills and realizing I won't be in as good a shape as I was in my 40's, or 50's, or even 60's...! But I'll be fine! Looking forward to another fun Fall.

26-Jul-19
I'm down 10 pounds and looking to drop another 10. I'm 30 days out till opening day so its time to get ramping up the workouts and start shooting broadheads. lucky for me the terrain isn't as bad as it is out west since I'm hunting them in Michigan.

26-Jul-19
Weighted pack training every other night, shooting the bow on off nights, everything tuned and dialed in. Think I’ll shoot an antelope to pass the time. :-)

26-Jul-19
Bows are dialed in and most of my gear is set. Just need to keep shooting and hiking. Only thing I really need to buy is a backpacking stove...and get the truck in for a tune up!

26-Jul-19
Man its a crazy time of year, trying to fit everything in. Work, camping, scouting, shooting the bow, exercise, mowing lawn, gardening, riding Harley, preparing gear...........

26-Jul-19
There’s hardly time to fish eh Brad? ;-)

26-Jul-19
I've got to get my meal prep knocked out, other than that I'm set.

26-Jul-19
@Brosky - no sh!t

26-Jul-19
Bow and broadheads are dialed. All frozen dinners are prepped. A couple more scouting missions planned. Working out daily. Next week I'll increase cardio and reduce weight training. 6 weeks until moose and 7 weeks until I'm chasing wapiti.

26-Jul-19
It's just around the corner. The only thing left is for me is to shoot my broadheads.

26-Jul-19
The older I get, the faster it comes around. Enjoy the prep, enjoy the time in the mountains....it'll be over before you know it!

26-Jul-19
Amen Nick, and for all you guys that look at this and dream of going elk hunting my advice to you is simple: just go! You'll figure it out along the way. I spent way too many years dreaming and not doing. I will never miss another year as long as I'm physically able.

26-Jul-19
I am way behind this year... an injury knocked me out for about 3 months and I am remodeling my house. I put on about 15 pounds in those three months, and I have lost 10 od it, I also want to lose an additional 15lbs or so. I don't have any elk hunts this year, but I do have a WI whitetail hunt.

I bought a new bow, but I have only shot it a few times. I don't seem to have enough time:(

Hoping next year will be better!

God Bless Brothers and Good Luck this year!

26-Jul-19
I am already there in mind and spirit........and on the weekends in body with the scouting. I have a new to me 20-60X82 prostaff nikon spotter arriving today. Pretty excited to try it out tomorrow in 34. I'm afraid it will just give me reason to hike further. LOL

Come on August 30th!!!!

26-Jul-19

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo
Dreaming of this.........331" OTC unit bull....unit has about 5% success rate.

26-Jul-19
Lost 20lbs doing CrossFit and hiking. Headed to CO next weekend with the wife to do a 30 mile backpack trip. Gear is good and new bow is tuned in. What’s left...broadhead shooting and more bugle/calling practice...oh and more CrossFit.

26-Jul-19
CrossFit here, too ... running stadiums on Mondays, WODs at least 4x/week ... I feel ready in that way ... as ready as an old man can, anyway ... but all the rest:

Summer fun (can't skip that with the short summers we have at 7200') Gear prep Shooting Summer chores (still have fencing and construction issues) Work (to pay for it all ... getting busier all the time) Food prep

Well, life isn't boring ... so that's good!

26-Jul-19
I'm on the beer, bourbon, and swiss roll diet..........gotta pack on those energy reserves for future use. LOL!

26-Jul-19
Great shot/photo Jordan. Good luck to everyone!

ElkNut/Paul

26-Jul-19
I will start shooting next week. If I start shooting too early I flare out. I usually need about 2-3 weeks prep, but that doesn't give much time if things go wrong. So I start 4-5 weeks out. Not elk hunting this year. Just bears, whities and mulies. Though I would normally have dusted the bow off to shoot the odd time by now. A number of purchases in the mail.

26-Jul-19
I'm in better physical shape than I have been in in years. I'm down 35# from January and walking/biking almost every day. Haven't shot much but I haven't changed anything on my bow in 4 years and I've been shooting for over 30 so I know "the shot" will be the least of my worries. Still trying to decide if I will go out on Labor Day or the following Monday for 10 days. Hunting a new spot so its a whole new ball game. Can't wait!

26-Jul-19

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Watching my carb intake...

27-Jul-19
Im in the worst shape ever, but no mountains here, so no big deal, shooting well out to 60 yards, to early to shoot bhs yet, gear is ready to go, very busy time of year

27-Jul-19

LINK's embedded Photo
Small mountain but 800’ steep little sucker. Had to find a longer way down that wasn’t as steep.
LINK's embedded Photo
Small mountain but 800’ steep little sucker. Had to find a longer way down that wasn’t as steep.
I thought maybe fractured ankle was about healed until I went on a family vacation to Colorado. After hiking every day I’m starting all over. Bad thing is it will be about healed then after September I’ll be starting over again. I did better than expected on vacation with some 3 mile hikes at over 10000’. Made this hike just fine carrying my son, of course I had my daughters pushing me not elk. ;) Not going to be much working out other than some rowing, shooting the bow of course. 35 days until opening day in CO!

27-Jul-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Family time here. Summers are short have to pack it all in. Hunt

28-Jul-19

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
Getting serious now, been so busy with work. Did the Incline this weekend followed by another to a high altitude lake.

28-Jul-19

Cazador's embedded Photo
Alpine cuts
Cazador's embedded Photo
Alpine cuts

28-Jul-19

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo

28-Jul-19
Cazador I did the incline the first time a couple months ago. I wasn’t quite in the shape I thought I was! I made it in 56 minutes and I was beat at the end. How’d you do?

28-Jul-19
Dropped 40# since April 18th doing CrossFit and looking forward to heading west for my first elk hunt.

28-Jul-19
Trying lots of deer scouting as my primary training this year. Just did my 3rd long weekend with about a 40 pound pack. Also get some altitude training that way. Not quite elk 10k, but over 8k. If it wasn't such a long drive up to Wyoming, I would love to hike the elk mountains too.

Bow is shooting good out to 80 yards. Broadheads too.

29-Jul-19
Nice Chad...

29-Jul-19
Side note...never post a real skyline in a trophy shot you don't to have company...your hard won spot can be profiled on google earth ....

29-Jul-19
I got the Green Light from my Dr. last week to start lite lifting and abs/sit-ups after my ladder incident back on Memorial Day.

I've been doing lots of hiking but with out my pack and I can't draw my bow yet but I should be good to go by mid September Wyo Elk Camp!

Slow and steady is my plan.

Good luck, Robb

29-Jul-19
41 days out....broadheads and field tips out to 70 yards are spot on shooting 5"-6" groups. Still working on hiking and would like to lose 10 more pounds. I cant wait to pull into Reserve N.M.

• Sitka Gear