onX Maps
Limb Replacement help - Diamond/Cabelas
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
mano-a-mano 26-Jul-19
Jethro 26-Jul-19
26-Jul-19
My son's bow blew a cable at a 3D shoot and cracked a limb in the process. We purchased it at Cabelas back before they became Bass Pro. In the past, I know I could just walk in and get it taken care of there under warranty or if I got the limbs myself, could get them installed there free. Now they tell me all warranties are separately purchased warranties when you buy the product. They suggested going directly to Diamond for the limbs as its not likely to get done anytime soon if I took the bow to them. And no one seems to know what or if they would charge to replace the limbs once I get them from Diamond. Any thoughts or suggestions. Obviously my son's suggestion is that I just get him a new bow . PS: not a Cabelas/BP bashing thread here. I already cancelled my card but still have to spend all those points-turned-gift-cards on things where their horrible service is irrelevant -> arrows for 6 of us should adequately deplete them soon enough.

26-Jul-19
Sounds to me like your covered at any Diamond dealer. From their website:

Does my bow have a warranty?

Diamond bows not sold over the internet come with a non-transferable lifetime warranty to the registered original owner. This warranty protects against any failures of the product due to defects in material or workmanship, and does not include any damage due to abuse, misuse or modifications to the bow’s design. The following exclusions apply:

Cable slide, cable and strings, hush kit, bearings, paint and/or hydrographic film transferred finishes. Damage caused by abuse, mishandling, dry-firing, alteration or modification to original product. Other excluded damages are those resulting from either loose mod screws or shooting arrows less the five grains per pound of draw weight.

The Diamond Warranty covers product purchased from Authorized Diamond Dealers CLICK HERE for our Dealer Locator. Diamond products purchased through the internet are not warrantied. Online purchases are only warrantied when purchased through an Authorized Dealer’s e-commerce site, and will not be warrantied if purchased through auction sites such as eBay.

What is the warranty process?

Take your bow to your local dealer, preferably the dealer you purchased it from. If that dealer is not available, please take it to your next closest Authorized Dealer CLICK HERE for our Dealer Locator. At that point, the Dealer will contact our Parts and Service Department to determine together with our technicians if it is necessary to send the product back to the factory for further inspection, or if the issue can be easily resolved by sending parts directly to the Dealer. Your dealer will be able to relay all information to you regarding your warranty case.

• Sitka Gear