ND String Puller 27-Jul-19
Ermine 27-Jul-19
Trial153 27-Jul-19
Ambush 27-Jul-19
Bowboy 27-Jul-19
Ucsdryder 27-Jul-19
Shaft2Long 28-Jul-19
26-Jul-19
After a recent thread about four fletch Set up’s, I noticed that a fair amount of you guys that kill a lot of stuff Are running the AAE promax vanes. I am looking to try out slick tricks this year and like the idea of going to a four fletch set up Versus the three I run now. All of the comments about the AAE Had me Leaning towards going their direction. After talking to a couple different people that tried them when they first came out, I don’t like what I was hearing about how well the vanes adhere And then when you do everything you have to do to get them to adhere it sounds like re-fletching is a nightmare. The two guys I heard from both work at the local pro shop and I respect their opinion as they have been around the block more than most that pick up a bow and go archery hunting every fall.

I would appreciate any and all first-hand experience about these potential issues before I put a bunch of money into attempting to switch. I fletch all my own arrows and have never had any issues with Blazers, so I don’t necessarily have a big reason to switch other than I like the idea of quieter arrow flight and more clearance.

Please and thank you for any info

26-Jul-19
If you use their arrow wipes, primer pen and their glue, you won’t have any issues.

The first time I used their vanes I didn’t do that....used acetone and alcohol and a different fletching glue and all the vanes fell off.

I called them and told them...and they were awesome. They sent me all the supplies for free including all new fletchings. I followed their instructions to a T.....and I can’t pull them off for anything now. It’s like cement.

26-Jul-19
We've been messing with the max stealth vanes. The area in which we live it's tricky to get aae stuff quickly, so I began research on adhering. We always run wraps. Clean wraps with rubbing alcohol. We use a bitzenburger jig.

Clean the vanes with a q tip soaked in acetone. Be sure to really clean the base of the vane. We used gorilla Super glue with the blue top and ran a bead in the middle of the v (base of the fletch) We made sure the fletch contacted the arrow thoroughly and held it for 60 seconds before removing jig. After 24 hours u won't b able to pull them off. If u have access... the aae wipes, primer pen and glue, and follow their procedure it too will work. We've had excellent success with the method I explained. Good luck 2 u.

26-Jul-19

Dino's embedded Photo
Here is the finished product
Dino's embedded Photo
Here is the finished product

27-Jul-19
I shoot the max stealth with wraps. Use the primer pen and AAE glue. Never once had a fletching come loose. I shoot FMJs and it’s easy to take a razor blade and scrape off the wraps and have a perfect bare shaft. I tried a lot of different vanes with 3 or 4 fletch combos. 3 max stealth shot the best for me, providing the tightest groups at long range and in the wind.

27-Jul-19
I used their glue and pen on a bohning wrap and they are welded on! You could literally pull on them with a plier and the wrap would tear before the vane would let go. I shot through a bag target with mine and they stayed on lol. One thing to consider with the small fletch is your setup needs to be tuned well. The better your bow shoots a bare shaft the less your vanes will have to work to straighten the arrow. Bigger vanes will always shoot better on an setup that’s not tuned well. Or if you should torque your bow in the heat of the moment. I’ve heard some top shooters can get a bare shaft to hit at 80 yards with perfect setup. I’ve found bareshaft tuning to 30-40 yards is sufficient for these small vanes with a helical 4 fletch.

27-Jul-19
The primer pen is key. I use the primer pen and super glue gel and they are stuck on real wel

27-Jul-19
Follow the instructions and you will not have any issue

27-Jul-19
When I went to a lower profile four fletch a couple years ago, I did quite a bit of searching on various vanes. Some were eliminated just because I didn't want to have to jump hoops and buy proprietary glues and cleaners just to get them to stick. One that got punted was the AAE's simply because of the experience's posted above. And some of the vanes were simply too low of a profile.

I ended up with the Duravane Fusion-XII (black base) . I sand and clean my Axis shafts with 99.9% alcohol and the vane bases also. I usually use old fashioned Fletchtite Platinum glue on a Bitz jig and never have a vane come off. I have used super glues, but find that in about a year some are easy to pull off.

And I don't use wraps. One more step and when one vane gets damaged, you pretty much have to replace them all, because you have to cut the wrap and replace it.

27-Jul-19
I use the AAE Max Stealths also. The primer pen and making sure you don't put to much glue and they stay on. There also very quiet.

27-Jul-19
A lot of money wrapped up in getting the vanes to stick. It’s actually genius. Of course they can get them to stick with super glue gel like blazers do, but why would you do that when you can charge someone for a primer pin and then your proprietary glue! Genius! I’ll stick to my 2.99 super glue and 15 dollar per 100 blazers.

28-Jul-19
I’m shooting Pro Max 4 fletch and I don’t use any of that stuff. Vanes stick fine.

LIGHTLY sand end of shaft with fine grit paper to get that shine off. Clean shaft and base of vane with acetone. Glue with Saunders NPV. Beyond that, I really haven’t seen this set up be more accurate. It does create more drag, because at longer distances 3 fletch will impact higher but groups are just as tight with 3 fletch as 4 fletch.

• Sitka Gear