Empty Freezer 29-Jul-19
Rut Nut 30-Jul-19
grape 31-Jul-19
Rut Nut 31-Jul-19
M.Pauls 31-Jul-19
28-Jul-19

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
I feel grateful to be a hunter. Without hunting, I never would have caught this picture or had the countless other amazing experiences I've had in the outdoors. I pity those timid souls that never leave the city to experience the wild places. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and looking forward to the fall as much as I am.

28-Jul-19
Really cool photo! Proud Bowhunter as well!

28-Jul-19
Well said. I feel the same. Very cool picture!

28-Jul-19
Nailed it, Zim!

Beautiful pic, too!

28-Jul-19
Every year, when I’m up in the mountains elk hunting on horseback I think how fortunate I am that I am in the .0000000001% of humans that gets to experience and see what I get to experience and see while I’m out there. I also always think how most “outdoors” people are just taste testing, but I get to sink my teeth into it. Most people are in essence just bird watchers that think they’re outdoorsy, but we get to see the sunrise, elk bugle, bucks slip through timber, turkeys come off the roost, fawns suckle, bears do their thing, and watch creation come alive in the most intimate of ways. Glad and privileged to be a hunter. Thank God I’m a country boy!

28-Jul-19
Awesome picture!!

I wouldn’t want it any other way. Hunting defines who I am as a human being. And I’m a better person for it.

28-Jul-19
Amazing picture, how many times I have seen a similar image without capturing it on film or digital.

"The real archer when he goes afield enters a land of subtile delight. The dew glistens on the leaves, the thrush sings in the bush, the soft wind blows, and all nature welcomes him as she has since the world began. With the bow in his hand, his arrows softly rustling in his quiver, a horn at his back, and a hound at his heels, what more can a man want in life?"-Saxon Pope.

45+ years hunting and the inner fire still burns. I was in CA once on business didn't see a single green plot of soil, with grass, trees, bushes anything for 2-3 days. Just concrete. Boy I felt lost in the concrete jungle and thought My God how could anyone live like that?? Why would anyone want to??

Lucky to be a bowhunter 10 ^23 for every molecule of my body. Thank You for the Pics.

28-Jul-19
Well said great pic!

28-Jul-19
Nice picture! It's amazing how many people are naïve about the outdoors. IMO TV in general doesn't portray a very good imagine about the outdoors. Also a lot of parents don't expose their kids to the outdoor experience.

Hope everyone has a great fall!

28-Jul-19
Neat photo great post. Take nothing for granted

28-Jul-19
Right there with ya!

28-Jul-19

Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo
Gorgeous pic Zim. Took your one pic and made a couple different versions of it:

28-Jul-19

28-Jul-19
Every day, 365 days a year I'm proud and grateful to be a bowhunter. The outdoors, when I'm in the woods, is my church. I also pity people who just live their lives in the city and can't fathom how that can be.

28-Jul-19
Fantastic pic, Zim!

There are many things in this world I could be, but there’s nothing better, or worth more, than being a bowhunter.

28-Jul-19
imho, if you're not trying to take from the land as written in human DNA, you cannot appreciate nature. Prescriptive non-consumptive means of experiencing nature are inherently fraudulent, comparatively speaking. There are outliers like the occasional hiking or scouting trip but, in general, if you do not carry a hunter's heart, you cannot really see the natural world.

28-Jul-19

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
I enjoy summer time offshore fishing just as much as fall - winter hunting. to me it's all hunting just with different tools - weapons got this blue marlin 2 weeks ago 520# & excellent table fare

28-Jul-19
Nice pics! I guess I'm glad to live in country where you can hunt.

29-Jul-19

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
I agree Beautiful pic Zim here is one I have

29-Jul-19
I agree, I live in CA and so look forward every day to when I can drive to Utah or AZ to hunt in beautiful country with so few people.. God Bless America

30-Jul-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I spent my first 27 years or so of my life as a non-hunter. I always considered myself an outdoorsman- hiked, backpacked, camped, fished, mountain biked etc................just didn’t hunt. Nobody in my family hunted. We were not anti-hunting, just didn’t do it ourselves.

Then I met my wife. Her dad, brother, Uncle and cousins all hunted. Her dad invited me to their cabin every year to hunt, so finally after years of politely declining, I decided to take him up on it. Didn’t even know if I could shoot an animal, but I figured if worse came to worse, it would at least be a bonding experience with the Father-in-law, and I always loved being in the outdoors. First morning I had a buck come out in the clearing in front of me and without hesitation I pulled the trigger. And that sparked something inside of me I cherish to this day.

I often tell folks I have seen things I would have NEVER seen had I not been hunting at the time. You just see things when sitting quietly and motionless in the woods that you would not see biking or hiking or simply walking thru the woods.

There is just something about sitting 15’ up a tree watching the sunrise.............

31-Jul-19
Nice pics I make it a point to not miss sunrises. Everyday!! Best part of my day. I live in the woods, so I am extremely fortunate. I miss a few sunsets because of it, but wouldn't change a thing.

31-Jul-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
We have a saying at our annual Bowhunter SUmmer Campout: "I wonder what the POOR (city) people are doing?" It is usually said while sitting around a crackling campfire, drinking an adult beverange and looking up at the stars! ;-)

31-Jul-19
Zim and Deerslayer x2. We are so fortunate to have the opportunity and experiences as hunters. The last couple years, I have noticed a great increase in my level of enjoyment in just “being there”

Great photo Zim

• Sitka Gear